Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Oct 3, 2011, 10:01 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
i use my phone with hdmi out at night and i like the fact that it can play 720p video smoothy so 1080 will even be beteer

and if you have a android tablet, you will see 1080p does look better than 720p vidoe on youtube even with the tablet 1280 x 800 display, but those tegra 2 gpu just doesn't play it smoothly.

so even if it is only on a 720p display the 1080p source will give you better image quality.
bigger screen vs smaller screen.......
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2011, 10:12 PM   #62
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
That wouldn't be a good thing for Apple so I don't think it's gonna happen We've already seen the sheep switch carriers for the iPhone!
Why are people called sheep when they switch for Apple. But when people switch for an EVO or something equivalent they are regular people?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2011, 10:27 PM   #63
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Why are people called sheep when they switch for Apple. But when people switch for an EVO or something equivalent they are regular people?
Because 2 people switched for the EVO.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 3, 2011, 11:22 PM   #64
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
because apple is white.

And apple people are not regular people......
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Oct 4, 2011, 12:52 AM   #65
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Because 2 people switched for the EVO.
Yeah and Im sure you got links to back that up. There were a shot a load of people switching carriers to get android phones.

Old Oct 4, 2011, 01:18 AM   #66
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
i use my phone with hdmi out at night and i like the fact that it can play 720p video smoothy so 1080 will even be beteer

and if you have a android tablet, you will see 1080p does look better than 720p vidoe on youtube even with the tablet 1280 x 800 display, but those tegra 2 gpu just doesn't play it smoothly.

so even if it is only on a 720p display the 1080p source will give you better image quality.
That's like shooting a mosquito with a cannon. Don't you have a laptop that can easily run that?

Making a phone with the sole purpose of driving a HDTV is just ridiculously bad marketing but it does show off the sheer amount of firepower we have come to.

The stupid thing is how little people understand how good these things are already.
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2011, 01:37 AM   #67
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVanks View Post
That's like shooting a mosquito with a cannon. Don't you have a laptop that can easily run that?

Making a phone with the sole purpose of driving a HDTV is just ridiculously bad marketing but it does show off the sheer amount of firepower we have come to.

The stupid thing is how little people understand how good these things are already.
lol yea i have a net book and a notebook.

but the thing is the netbook can't even play youtbe 720p video

of course the notebook will do any kind of things, but using the phone to do the work is easy and quick too.
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2011, 01:38 AM   #68
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Yeah and Im sure you got links to back that up. There were a shot a load of people switching carriers to get android phones.
Yeah and I'm sure you got links to back that up.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 03:22 AM   #69
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Yeah and I'm sure you got links to back that up.
Im more likely to find links supporting my side than you would.

Anyway, we'll see if Apple is going to stay current. I hope the bigger screen and less thickness rumors are true. 4g wouldnt hurt either.

For me to get this phone they need to hit these points:
  • Bigger screen, same physical size or only a little bit bigger.
  • Faster Processor, at least something comparable to iPad 2
  • 4g
  • Preferably a little thinner(pushing it though..)

Last edited by logical : Oct 4, 2011 at 03:25 AM.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 04:32 AM   #70
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
I guess I'm having a hard time coming to grips with it all.
It's a ****ing consumer device, not a rock-star. Relax, you'll be happy enough after the "event"
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2011, 09:20 AM   #71
train2win
Radeon Southern Islands

train2win is still being judged by the masses

When the hell are these things going to be released?
train2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2011, 09:38 AM   #72
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

i wonder , what resolution display will be on the iphone 5.

Old Oct 4, 2011, 09:52 AM   #73
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Im more likely to find links supporting my side than you would.

Then don't make the claim if you're not willing to back it up. If hordes of people switched for Android devices it'd have been all over the news, that kind of crap gets page hits. We do know that hordes of people switched for iPhone.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 10:46 AM   #74
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I think Android people are more interested in Apple events than Apple people are. Funny.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2011, 10:57 AM   #75
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
I think Android people are more interested in Apple events than Apple people are. Funny.
Doubt that. You're the one who starts the thread announcing the event and then the official thread every single time.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 11:42 AM   #76
Sound_Card
Banned

Sound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

People are not switching from iPhone. At least not in a trend fashion. More people are switching to iPhone. Their market share is shrinking despite that though because (as of right now they still only provide to 2 carriers, one company makes them, and their is only two modals at a time). Android has more than 4 carriers, with way more than one company, with various wide range of devices meeting every price point from free to 399. The market share they are grabbing is not from Apple though. It's from MS, Rim, Palm, and new entries. Apple grabs more from Android than Android does from them. So it's pretty impressive I think for Apple to have such a commending marketshare for such circumstances.

And further more, they are making a lot more money than anyone else in this market.
Sound_Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2011, 11:47 AM   #77
shoman24v
Radeon Southern Islands

shoman24v is still being judged by the masses

Can't wait for them to compare iOS as a whole to Android phones
shoman24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2011, 11:52 AM   #78
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Doubt that. You're the one who starts the thread announcing the event and then the official thread every single time.
And you're the first one to chime in. I'm sure you'll post your "thoughts" starting in about an hour...
Old Oct 4, 2011, 12:00 PM   #79
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

..and now there's the rumor there wouldn't be an iPhone 5..

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/10/04/...-gps-features/

Hope this isn't true. No way I'm going to settle with the current 3.5" screen.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2011, 12:01 PM   #80
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
And you're the first one to chime in. I'm sure you'll post your "thoughts" starting in about an hour...
I'll actually be in class, sorry to disappoint. I don't play online when I'm supposed to be learning.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 12:05 PM   #81
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post

no iphone that can't be true..................

i don't think apple is just goign to let android win this easily

Old Oct 4, 2011, 12:08 PM   #82
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
I'll actually be in class, sorry to disappoint. I don't play online when I'm supposed to be learning.
you're supposed to learn about apple, and apple products because Steve Jobs wants you to!
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Oct 4, 2011, 12:09 PM   #83
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
no iphone that can't be true..................

i don't think apple is just goign to let android win this easily
Maybe the key is ios5, and not a new iphone.....
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Oct 4, 2011, 12:09 PM   #84
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I'm sure you'll have a feed going...
Old Oct 4, 2011, 12:10 PM   #85
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
I'm sure you'll have a feed going...
With what device? I sent my Xoom in for its LTE upgrade.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 12:10 PM   #86
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post

Whether it's called 4S or iPhone 5, does it matter? Still a new device with new hardware.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 12:10 PM   #87
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
With what device? I sent my Xoom in for its LTE upgrade.
...your phone.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 12:13 PM   #88
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
...your phone.
My flip phone?
Old Oct 4, 2011, 12:17 PM   #89
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
My flip phone?
Thought you had an Android phone.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 12:23 PM   #90
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

If all we get is an A5 CPU and an 8MP camera, I'm going to be pissed.