Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Oct 27, 2011, 01:34 AM   #601
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahncrd View Post
I don't know, siri is okay, but it is still the fastest smart phone around and has (very near) performance parity with the iPad 2, which means it is great for gaming.

Also, it has an improved antenna, an even better camera than the iphone 4 and still amazing battery life (considering the power delta, that's pretty good), so it seems like a decent enough refresh.
The article talks about almost all of your points. I don't know, just reposting, it seems well written and serious enough to me.

Also, I dare you to find a tangible performance difference between the newer dual core Android phones and the iPhone 4S. I don't think you will without running synthetic benchmarks that can't show whether there is a platform discrepancy.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 06:59 AM   #602
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

I read about iPhone 5 now and again in this thread. I figured it would be at least another year, as usual, before that came out. Reading here gives me the impression that might not be true.

Any of you guys have a rough idea of the ETA of iPhone 5?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 07:35 AM   #603
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
I read about iPhone 5 now and again in this thread. I figured it would be at least another year, as usual, before that came out. Reading here gives me the impression that might not be true.

Any of you guys have a rough idea of the ETA of iPhone 5?
probably going back to the ordinary release schedule.
Everything points to that the iphone 4s was just late

So announced in june and released in June/July

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:00 AM   #604
somewon
Rage3D Veteran

somewon is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
The article talks about almost all of your points. I don't know, just reposting, it seems well written and serious enough to me.

Also, I dare you to find a tangible performance difference between the newer dual core Android phones and the iPhone 4S. I don't think you will without running synthetic benchmarks that can't show whether there is a platform discrepancy.
You're exactly on point:

It looks like the GSII unofficially won with the exception of the voice command.

http://pocketnow.com/smartphone-news...axy-s-ii-video

Last edited by somewon : Oct 27, 2011 at 10:03 AM.
somewon is offline   Reply With Quote