Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Aug 31, 2011, 06:27 PM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Still waiting, can't believe it's taking this long.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2011, 07:06 PM   #212
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by fO Che -USA- View Post
they totally farked this situation up they should have come out and said exactly what your suggesting. Everyone knows without a large user base webOS would never take off.
I really expect that they didn't realize they would sell this well or else they might have charged a little more not to mention how positive the user feedback has been or that they are still selling for $300 or more on ebay.

Even after they leave the hardware market, maintaining a tablet OS would still fit into their future vision of becoming a software and services company so it isn't a totally insane idea.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 05:07 PM   #213
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

So HP charged me initially for the 2 I ordered, the charge expired, so they charged me again... Charge expired today... wtf is going on with them?
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 2, 2011, 07:19 PM   #214
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
So HP charged me initially for the 2 I ordered, the charge expired, so they charged me again... Charge expired today... wtf is going on with them?
They are getting returns and making another batch. A friend of mine was told they were keeping him in the queue for this second round of manufacturing.

So it looks like the PSG will probably be spun off into its own company, not sold, and run by the guy that came from Palm. Wonder how that will work out?
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2011, 08:15 PM   #215
HAL10000
Radeon Arctic Islands

HAL10000 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
... and HP wants to go the SAP/services route.

Note to prospective customers of HP services: HP can't handle their own back-end and ordering system. Using them for mission-critical systems is unwise when they can't get their own sh*t straight. How good do you think they will handle yours?

The market can stay irrational longer than you can remain solvent.
HAL10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2011, 08:46 PM   #216
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
I believe some people got emails from Hp asking them if they wanted to opt out or keep the order alive until they build more of these things.
You are lucky you went with HP directly...atleast they have you on queue. I got shafted by Amazon/OnSale.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 03:08 PM   #217
fO Che -USA-
Radeon Northern Islands

fO Che -USA- is still being judged by the masses

Just picked up a touchstone charger from staples. Great accessory so easy no more screwing with little mini micro uber tiny USB cables. Charges nice and fast. Works great as a stand.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 12:49 PM   #218
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcruisesuper View Post
It is the best chance for those who want to buy touch pad at low rates. And while buying from sale it is advantageous for the customer also because the best designs are put on forward in the sale. And the price is also less.
Spamtacular
Old Sep 5, 2011, 01:08 PM   #219
marqmajere
GeeVooForceDoo

marqmajere is still being judged by the masses

If it had ANY kind of expansion port, I'd be all over this.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 01:46 PM   #220
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by marqmajere View Post
If it had ANY kind of expansion port, I'd be all over this.
It does... It's called Micro-USB...

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2011, 03:06 PM   #221
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefoo21 View Post
It does... It's called Micro-USB...
http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-touchpad.html

Now best of luck finding a Touchpad at the regular, non-ungodly markup.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 11:16 AM   #222
Xiro
Oo

Xiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Still waiting on my HP order. I'm sure I'll have it before 2012 >_>
Xiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2011, 01:05 PM   #223
CyanBlues
Radeon Northern Islands

CyanBlues can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCyanBlues can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCyanBlues can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poacan View Post
Been using UberKernel and Govnah from Preware. Have it sitting at 1.5ghz with no issues.
how's battery life, notice any difference?
Old Sep 6, 2011, 01:45 PM   #224
Poacan
Boobs

Poacan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyPoacan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Not at all. It clocks down when it's not in use. I haven't used it a lot in the last few days. Thing still has 80% battery left.
Poacan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2011, 11:30 PM   #225
CyanBlues
Radeon Northern Islands

CyanBlues can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCyanBlues can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCyanBlues can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Not at all. It clocks down when it's not in use. I haven't used it a lot in the last few days. Thing still has 80% battery left.
alright, good to know, i'll go oclock mine then, some 720p movies are going rather sluggishly on it so hoping the oclock helps
Old Sep 7, 2011, 01:05 AM   #226
fO Che -USA-
Radeon Northern Islands

fO Che -USA- is still being judged by the masses

A guy on Precentral forums mentioned encoding your movies with no b frames otherwise, once you pause or ffwd/rwd the video will get jerky. but turn on CABAC? / 8x8 and other higher specs options in handbrake and it plays beautifully. And its working great for me using Kalemsoft MP.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 12:20 PM   #227
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
HP Small and Medium Business Customer,

Thank you for your interest in webOS and the HP TouchPad – the response to our price reduction has been overwhelming – both in terms of volume and in the energy and enthusiasm it has generated in our customers.

It has taken us longer than anticipated to work through the high volume of orders that were received. We apologize for any uncertainty this caused, but we are now in a position to understand our ability to fulfill your order.

Your order will be fulfilled at the discounted price. However, we do not have enough stock to satisfy your order at this time. It will take 6-8 weeks to build enough HP TouchPads to meet our current commitments, during which time your order will then ship from this stock with free ground shipping. You will receive a shipping notification with tracking number once your order has shipped. We apologize that these timelines are longer than indicated on the website at time of purchase.

At the significantly reduced price, the HP TouchPad does not qualify for our standard 30 day return policy and is not returnable.

If this delay is not acceptable, please send an email to [email protected] with your instructions for cancellation within a week. Be sure to include your HP order number and the name and ship-to address on the order. Also please indicate clearly if this is the only order requiring cancellation or if you wish all orders in your name to be canceled. You will receive an automated cancel notification when your order cancellation request has been processed. Please be aware, however, that cancellations cannot be reversed, and our US SMB store has sold out of HP TouchPad and will not make any further available for sale.

We are pleased that we will be able to fulfill your order and look forward to you joining the exciting community of webOS!

Sincerely, Your HP Small and Medium Business Team www.hp.com/go/touchpadFAQ
Just got this email. Canceling.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 01:17 PM   #228
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Buddy of mine at the office just got that "6-8 weeks" email earlier today too. Looks like if you ordered through HP and haven't gotten it yet, you get to wait a couple more months. So Nov 4th ish to get your TouchPad? Should be long enough for the XDA community to have a solid Gingerbread OS released for it. Heck maybe even ICS by then if it gets open sourced soon enough.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2011, 01:21 PM   #229
Saggypoo
Fun Police

Saggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Yeah, I got that email too. Also got an email that said "Welcome to the Future of HP Technology at Work".

Welcome to the future? If it was the future, I'd have my Touchpad by now.
Saggypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2011, 03:27 PM   #230
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I wouldn't cancel. So your out of 100 to 150 bucks till nov. Big deal.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2011, 04:35 PM   #231
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Put that money towards a real tablet and get 2 months of extra enjoyment out of it?

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2011, 09:46 AM   #232
voodoo1
Proud OIF Veteran

voodoo1 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Put that money towards a real tablet and get 2 months of extra enjoyment out of it?
HD pr0n
voodoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2011, 09:52 AM   #233
Xiro
Oo

Xiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Ill be keeping mine. It still has way too many uses for me to let it go. Throw in dual boot OS's in the coming months and you just cant beat the $99 price tag.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 06:50 PM   #234
Poacan
Boobs

Poacan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyPoacan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Just an FYI for the Hulu fans, a new patch got released on Preware that allows Touchpad users to stream Hulu without issue. Just tried it myself and it works without a hitch!
Old Sep 8, 2011, 11:19 PM   #235
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Where did you guys get your HPTPs? I'm trying to find one for the past week and a half...zero luck.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 11:59 PM   #236
CyanBlues
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Just an FYI for the Hulu fans, a new patch got released on Preware that allows Touchpad users to stream Hulu without issue. Just tried it myself and it works without a hitch!
is this newer then the previous patch? or is it the same patch before?

Payne3d - i had to get my nephew who worked for bestbuy to get it, he had his friend who worked there also that didnt want one to get one too, depending on the best buy, it was employee got first dibs, other then that i had no luck, best bet is to wait for hp site to get them back in stock after they finish making them
Old Sep 9, 2011, 01:33 AM   #237
Xiro
Oo

I will be getting mine from hp, when they get more back in. Ordered back on the 21st of august...still waiting. Lol
Old Sep 9, 2011, 05:11 AM   #238
Poacan
Boobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanBlues View Post
is this newer then the previous patch? or is it the same patch before?
I think it's a newer one. Just released a week ago. Called "Hulu Fix" when you search for it.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 03:21 PM   #239
kingofslackerz
busy doing nothin

kingofslackerz is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payne3d View Post
Where did you guys get your HPTPs? I'm trying to find one for the past week and a half...zero luck.
I've given up, i spent a lot of time when the craze started trying to find one, not going to waste anymore when this order will probably get cancelled. Hopefully I get lucky, but not wasting anymore time.
kingofslackerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2011, 03:40 PM   #240
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
It is a real tablet? For most people's tablet needs it works just fine and quite well. For the price of 150 or 99 only people who got anything against it are people who didn't get one. Even if I didn't like the two I have I could easily get 100 more then what I paid selling it on on ebay. So what's the loss here really.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote