Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Aug 20, 2011, 07:51 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I guess for connecting to the Internet it's a good deal. You won't get much in apps or OS support though. Hopefully HP will do the right thing and support the OS for at least 12 months.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2011, 07:55 AM   #32
Pr3tty F1y
Radeon Arctic Islands

Pr3tty F1y can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyPr3tty F1y can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyPr3tty F1y can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
I guess for connecting to the Internet it's a good deal. You won't get much in apps or OS support though. Hopefully HP will do the right thing and support the OS for at least 12 months.
I consider it a project. Hell, I even bought a Tapwave Zodiac at one point.

I'm more into it for the community support which these types of disregarded devices end up having. Hell, if I can put Android on it one day, great. If not, it'll still work well for me. I mean, I still have a T9 phone so it's not duplicating anything I already have.

You're dead.
Your friends are dead.
Your family's dead.
Your f**king pets are being skinned alive.
Your mom's a f**king whore.
You suck at life.
The whole world hates you.
You're going to hell.
Live with it.

GAME OVER
Pr3tty F1y is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2011, 09:43 AM   #33
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Well have fun dicking around on your capability limited, slowass device then...

My gf asked me to buy her one to use as a dedicated e-reader, I'm not convinced it can even do that properly.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 20, 2011, 10:11 AM   #34
jimmt
Trumpification

jimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird sings

You know the guys over at XDA will have all kinds of fun software to run on this thing. I wouldn't be shocked to see Ubuntu ported to it. The hardware for $99 is actually a steal. Even though I own an ipad I will go pick one up. My son has been begging me for a tablet. Well, he might get one

EDIT: DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMNN I just called all the retailers around me and they all reported they sold out within 5 minutes of store opening. Ug!
MSI Z87M Gaming|Intel i7 4770k |16GB DDR3 PC3 12800|XFX RX470 4GB | 6TB HDD |Windows 10 Pro
Laptop
Dell Inspiron 7577 | Intel i7-7700HQ |16GB DDR 4 DRAM 2400 |Nvidia 1060 6GB |3TB NVMe/SDD |Windows 10 Pro
VR
HPWMR / PSVR
Consoles
Switch|WiiU|Wii|Gamecube|New 3DS XL|DS|GBA|N64|SNES|NES|XBOX|XBOX360|XBONEX|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|Vita|PSP|DreamCast|Genesis
Classical Liberalism: A political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties, private property, and political freedom with representative democracy under the rule of law. Strong emphasizes economic freedom and the individual over the collective.

Last edited by jimmt : Aug 20, 2011 at 10:15 AM.
jimmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2011, 10:23 AM   #35
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

What about getting direct from HP?

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2011, 10:57 AM   #36
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

wow, would get one if someone finds a way to install android on it
Old Aug 20, 2011, 11:42 AM   #37
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

HP's website shows them as being out of stock.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2011, 11:45 AM   #38
Pr3tty F1y
Radeon Arctic Islands

Pr3tty F1y can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyPr3tty F1y can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyPr3tty F1y can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Yah, no stock pretty much anywhere. They were snapped up fast, even in stores.

I'm hoping that MicroCenter won't screw me on my order, but I'm starting to have doubts.

You're dead.
Your friends are dead.
Your family's dead.
You suck at life.
You're going to hell.
Live with it.

GAME OVER
Old Aug 20, 2011, 12:05 PM   #39
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Get one and wait to see. At that price its worth the risk. Im hoping to snatch one on the way to work today. Im sure its basically the same hw as other tablets so its just a matter of finding a way to root it.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.9.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.9.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2011, 12:14 PM   #40
jimmt
Trumpification

jimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird sings

They are tough to find. Several retailers online including HP are sold out. Maybe there is a batch in a warehouse somewhere that will ship so we can get our grubby hands on 'em.
MSI Z87M Gaming|Intel i7 4770k |16GB DDR3 PC3 12800|XFX RX470 4GB | 6TB HDD |Windows 10 Pro
Laptop
Dell Inspiron 7577 | Intel i7-7700HQ |16GB DDR 4 DRAM 2400 |Nvidia 1060 6GB |3TB NVMe/SDD |Windows 10 Pro
VR
HPWMR / PSVR
Consoles
Switch|WiiU|Wii|Gamecube|New 3DS XL|DS|GBA|N64|SNES|NES|XBOX|XBOX360|XBONEX|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|Vita|PSP|DreamCast|Genesis
Classical Liberalism: A political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties, private property, and political freedom with representative democracy under the rule of law. Strong emphasizes economic freedom and the individual over the collective.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 12:33 PM   #41
Debello
Not built for speed

Debello is still being judged by the masses

Picked up a 16gb version at officemax, not a bad piece of hardware, it has flash support. Hopefully it will get android pretty soon, but well worth 100 bucks.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 12:59 PM   #42
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

The weirdest part is, Best Buy had 250k of them in stock, only sold 25k in the US and never put them on sale for $99 or $149, just took them down. Where the hell did all of their stock go?
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2011, 02:33 PM   #43
jimmt
Trumpification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
The weirdest part is, Best Buy had 250k of them in stock, only sold 25k in the US and never put them on sale for $99 or $149, just took them down. Where the hell did all of their stock go?
Yeah I called them and the store said they had them, but sent them back.
Laptop
VR
HPWMR / PSVR
Consoles
Old Aug 20, 2011, 02:51 PM   #44
Saggypoo
Fun Police

Saggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Got me a 32gb one from Micro Center too. Got a confirmation email, but we'll see when it actually ships.

I've been wanting to pick up a tablet, just to see if having one is worth replacing my laptop for the toying around I do on the web. I figured at this price, what the hell. If anything, someone probably will jack Android on it.
Saggypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2011, 03:01 PM   #45
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

If nothing else, HP figured out how to move some freakin' product. Suddenly the Touchpad is one of the hottest selling tablets!
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
Old Aug 20, 2011, 03:03 PM   #46
Pr3tty F1y
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
If nothing else, HP figured out how to move some freakin' product. Suddenly the Touchpad is one of the hottest selling tablets!
Yes, drastically undercutting yourself can do that.

I see from news reports that folks who ordered the 16gb model from MicroCenter got cancellation e-mails. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

Newegg hasn't lowered their price yet either. I'll probably pick one up for my brother if I can get one there.

You're dead.
Your friends are dead.
Your family's dead.
You suck at life.
You're going to hell.
Live with it.

GAME OVER
Old Aug 20, 2011, 03:25 PM   #47
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I ordered 2 from HP small business, it took like 2 hours of refreshing to push the order through. Will give them to my mom and sister.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 03:33 PM   #48
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Two of my friends were able to pick up the 32gb version at Walmart.

I was late and had no such luck. I also tried other stores (Office Depot, Officemax) but they were sold out too.
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2011, 03:44 PM   #49
Saggypoo
Fun Police

Saggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3tty F1y View Post
I see from news reports that folks who ordered the 16gb model from MicroCenter got cancellation e-mails. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.
Yep, right after I read this, I checked my email. Just got a cancellation for my order 5 minutes ago.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 04:17 PM   #50
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

So the webos platform is now popular?

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2011, 04:21 PM   #51
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

If you can nuke and put Android Honeycomb on that thing, this is a win.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2011, 04:24 PM   #52
Saggypoo
Fun Police

Old Aug 20, 2011, 04:52 PM   #53
Gator
Unreal Android

Gator is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

DAMN! I'm trying to buy one but the site says sold out for home users, and the small business site keeps timing out with http errors. I would have gladly paid $100 for a 16GB version, and kept my fingers crossed for Gingerbread or Honeycomb

And as an added bonus, I could play with WebOS

Oh well, better luck next time.
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2011, 04:57 PM   #54
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator View Post
DAMN! I'm trying to buy one but the site says sold out for home users, and the small business site keeps timing out with http errors. I would have gladly paid $100 for a 16GB version, and kept my fingers crossed for Gingerbread or Honeycomb

And as an added bonus, I could play with WebOS

Oh well, better luck next time.
Dude i refreshed that site for 2 hrs, finally connected on my tablet via rdp so I could hit refresh while car shopping with my mom
Old Aug 20, 2011, 05:53 PM   #55
Qb2k5
Alienware Certified

Qb2k5 is still being judged by the masses

Qb2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2011, 06:02 PM   #56
Pr3tty F1y
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb2k5 View Post
Done.

You're dead.
Your friends are dead.
Your family's dead.
You suck at life.
You're going to hell.
Live with it.

GAME OVER
Old Aug 20, 2011, 06:11 PM   #57
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmt View Post
Yeah I called them and the store said they had them, but sent them back.
So where do they go after that?
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2011, 06:30 PM   #58
Redshirt_X
Radeon Arctic Islands

Redshirt_X can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRedshirt_X can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRedshirt_X can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

If I'm picking up another piece of orphaned hardware, I want the 32GB. But not at flipper markups...supposedly HP will have more in stock next week-ish, there's a faint rumor about Best Buy possibly reversing their "Screw this, it all gets sent back" corporate decision and selling them en masse... <shrug>

1. "OMG IT'S COMING!!!"
2. "OMG IT'S HERE!!!!!"
3. "....wait a minute. This isn't the Second Coming! This sucks!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb2k5 View Post
I like them tall and petite.
Redshirt_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2011, 08:17 PM   #59
Hack1903
Radeon 8500

Hack1903 is still being judged by the masses

The employees are probably buying them before they can hit the shelf.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 08:19 PM   #60
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

For reasons I can't talk about yet, seeing the craze this $99 tablet created has me kinda scared.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote: