Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Dec 31, 2010, 10:22 AM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Zero
Sass hole
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Canada Toronto
Posts: 38,815
Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalist View Post
I guess it's because I'm afraid what this trend might actually cause on the platform. Look at PC gaming and the state the mega-budget titles and over-rellyiance on graphics left us in.
What state is that? PC gaming's major selling point now is superior graphics, so for PC games to sell, they have to play on that strength. Besides, there are still plenty of solid games that aren't top notch eye candy games.

And even with the inherent casual nature of gaming on smartphones, I can't say that games will lose any more "depth" even with the availability of improved graphics.
__________________
"Hi,

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2010, 11:49 PM   #92
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: United States Orlando, FL
Posts: 5,405
Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings


Default

Is this turning back into PC vs Console again? Graphics isn't the only strength for PC games, it's depth and complexity as well. Too many games are "dumbed down" for consoles. Unfortunately, games are dumbed down even further for smartphones (I hate NFS: Shift because of this).

Anyways, for Android you can enable WebGL with Firefox mobile browser and view WebGL content. Sounds promising for WebGL games that will eventually arrive.

Here's a short tutorial on how to get started:
http://www.careace.net/2010/10/26/in...omment-page-1/
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay20016 View Post
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2011, 12:23 AM   #93
Zero
Sass hole
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Canada Toronto
Posts: 38,815
Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel


Default

Oh yeah, Sims and WoW can only be played by rocket scientists like you.
__________________
"Hi,

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 1, 2011, 01:40 AM   #94
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: United States Orlando, FL
Posts: 5,405
Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings


Default

While Halo was made for geniouses like yourself? Try playing any dedicated PC civilian/combat flight simulator with just an Xbox 360 controller. Nevermind, you're probably better off sticking with simplistic arcade simulations like HAWX 2 so your brain doesn't explode .

And, you're lucky console tards can't play CoD on the same servers with PC Gamers. Keyboard + mouse > game pad anytime, anywhere . However, feel free to come back when you're done staring at those ****ty console graphics on your HDTV.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay20016 View Post
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2011, 03:12 AM   #95
Zero
Sass hole
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Canada Toronto
Posts: 38,815
Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel


Default

Wow inferiority complex much? Sad
__________________
"Hi,

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2011, 03:27 AM   #96
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: United States Orlando, FL
Posts: 5,405
Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings


Default

Don't think anything's more sadder than a "PC Gamer" with an 8800GTS 640MB graphics card.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay20016 View Post
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2011, 04:03 AM   #97
logical
What is my purpose?
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Manches *
Posts: 21,014
logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Don't think anything's more sadder than a "PC Gamer" with an 8800GTS 640MB graphics card.
There are way worse cards, I think you like PC gaming so much its blinding you.. lol

Besides PC gaming is not decided by what card you are running in your system.

Anyway I predict this will be an even better year for gaming in iOS and Android will play catch up but will not surpass iOS.
__________________

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2011, 04:11 AM   #98
Zero
Sass hole
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Canada Toronto
Posts: 38,815
Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Don't think anything's more sadder than a "PC Gamer" with an 8800GTS 640MB graphics card.
Your idiocy really knows no bounds does it? My own rig is listed under system specs. 4870x2 is no slouch, and I have a 6970 on it's way in the mail. And there's a huge catalogue of games that can be played with an 8800, but im sure you're too busy playing kiddie eye candy games to care. Typical PC gaming elitism nonsense at its finest, bravo.
__________________
"Hi,

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2011, 04:42 AM   #99
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: United States Orlando, FL
Posts: 5,405
Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Your idiocy really knows no bounds does it? My own rig is listed under system specs. 4870x2 is no slouch, and I have a 6970 on it's way in the mail. And there's a huge catalogue of games that can be played with an 8800, but im sure you're too busy playing kiddie eye candy games to care. Typical PC gaming elitism nonsense at its finest, bravo.
Is somebody feeling a little insecure now?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay20016 View Post
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2011, 04:50 AM   #100
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: United States Orlando, FL
Posts: 5,405
Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
There are way worse cards, I think you like PC gaming so much its blinding you.. lol

Besides PC gaming is not decided by what card you are running in your system.

Anyway I predict this will be an even better year for gaming in iOS and Android will play catch up but will not surpass iOS.
I'm just having a little fun stringing the little fella along while I'm stuck here at work on New Year's. Seems to be working

Doesn't matter what you or I have, regardless of cpu/graphics/strings etc.. somehow I'll find a way to game on it. Hell, give me a calculator and I'll try finding how many dirty words I can spell on it upside down.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay20016 View Post
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2011, 05:00 AM   #101
Zero
Sass hole
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Canada Toronto
Posts: 38,815
Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Is somebody feeling a little insecure now?
I'm not the one coming back to spew nonsense because my idiotic thread wasn't a success

Speaking of having fun, I'm showing this thread to my nerdy friends as we speak. You should feel honored at the amount of facepalming that's going on in your honor.
__________________
"Hi,

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2011, 05:11 AM   #102
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: United States Orlando, FL
Posts: 5,405
Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
I'm not the one coming back to spew nonsense because my idiotic thread wasn't a success
Actually, everything was fine till you decided to twist this into PC vs Consoles. Even then, when facts were presented and your ignorance exposed you decided to run away from the very argument you initiated . Yet now you're back with the same drivel. What's the point? You'll just run away again .

What are you doing this late/early? Don't Canadians celebrate New Years? Or is it time to harvest your crops in Farmville with your mighty 8800GTS 640MB?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay20016 View Post
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2011, 05:16 AM   #103
Zero
Sass hole
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Canada Toronto
Posts: 38,815
Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel


Default

Well I'm sorry you missed the point and somehow believe your poorly thought out response validates your original point in some way. Maybe it'll be easier for you to stay in PC gaming where you can talk about shiny new kiddie fpss all day long instead.
__________________
"Hi,

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2011, 05:23 AM   #104
Zero
Sass hole
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Canada Toronto
Posts: 38,815
Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel


Default

Well I'm getting bored waiting for your next lame comeback. Try not to get fired from your job coming up with one!
__________________
"Hi,

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2011, 05:31 AM   #105
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: United States Orlando, FL
Posts: 5,405
Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings


Default

Well since you insist on carrying further, you can start by properly responding to this post:
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost...0&postcount=74

....instead of running away like a child in tears.

I, for one, am looking forward to upgrading to Motorola's upcoming Tegra 2 phone. Was quite impressed with the Viewsonic G Tablet that I purchased, the screen is subpar compared to the iPad/Galaxy Tab but the Tegra2 performance is quite impressive and noticably quicker than both. One has to wonder if Nvidia will offer the kind of "push" on the mobile platform that made them so successful on the desktop side. The more developers in support of Nvidia, the more likely manufacturers will adopt Tegra over competing chips.

Honeycomb adds a ton of developer tools over Froyo that makes app development more streamlined. Yes, 2011 just might be a cornerstone for Android as a gaming platform. I look forward to bumping this thread, regardless of success or failure.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay20016 View Post
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2011, 05:40 AM   #106
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: United States Orlando, FL
Posts: 5,405
Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Well I'm getting bored waiting for your next lame comeback. Try not to get fired from your job coming up with one!
Yeah, that's what I thought. Irrelevent ramblings when you can no longer adequetly take part of discussion with an ounce of intelligence. Ignorance is bliss I suppose?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay20016 View Post
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2011, 09:37 AM   #107
jimmt
Trumpification
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: United States Mississippi
Posts: 17,597
jimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird sings


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Don't think anything's more sadder than a "PC Gamer" with an 8800GTS 640MB graphics card.
Man I take offense to this post. My kids PC has two of these biznits in them in SLI and we game on it more than we do mine (specs) which by your tone is also outadated. PC runs great with majority games at high detail, 720p res, and some AA and AF. We have it connected to a TV to enjoy on the couch gaming in our game room thank you very much.
__________________
Plex / Steam Machine / Hyper-V
MSI Gaming B350 Tomahawk |Ryzen R5 2600 |32GB DDR4 DRAM 2400|MSI Radeon RX 580 8GB |10TB NVMe/SDD/HDD |Windows 10 Pro
Family Desktop
MSI Z87M Gaming|Intel i7 4770k |16GB DDR3 PC3 12800|XFX RX470 4GB | 6TB HDD |Windows 10 Pro
Laptop
Dell Inspiron 7577 | Intel i7-7700HQ |16GB DDR 4 DRAM 2400 |Nvidia 1060 6GB |3TB NVMe/SDD |Windows 10 Pro
VR
HPWMR / PSVR
Consoles
Switch|WiiU|Wii|Gamecube|New 3DS XL|DS|GBA|N64|SNES|NES|XBOX|XBOX360|XBONEX|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|Vita|PSP|DreamCast|Genesis
Classical Liberalism: A political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties, private property, and political freedom with representative democracy under the rule of law. Strong emphasizes economic freedom and the individual over the collective.
jimmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2011, 10:47 AM   #108
Zero
Sass hole
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Canada Toronto
Posts: 38,815
Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Well since you insist on carrying further, you can start by properly responding to this post:
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost...0&postcount=74

....instead of running away like a child in tears.
You can stop patting yourself on your back, your trolling doesn't work - it just makes you look more retarded.

You have no valid points to which I need to respond. I also find it hilarious that you tried mocking me for wanting to upgrade to DX11 hardware and just a few posts above for running a 8800 card.

It's sad that my differing opinion hurt your little feelings so much you feel compelled to act like a sandy vagina. Until you grow up, don't expect anyone else to take you seriously. From your biased tone in several posts, it's clear you came here to just troll it up instead of trying to start intelligent conversation. So guess what, you can go play with yourself as usual.
__________________
"Hi,

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2011, 02:53 PM   #109
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: United States Orlando, FL
Posts: 5,405
Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
You can stop patting yourself on your back, your trolling doesn't work - it just makes you look more retarded.

You have no valid points to which I need to respond. I also find it hilarious that you tried mocking me for wanting to upgrade to DX11 hardware and just a few posts above for running a 8800 card.

It's sad that my differing opinion hurt your little feelings so much you feel compelled to act like a sandy vagina. Until you grow up, don't expect anyone else to take you seriously. From your biased tone in several posts, it's clear you came here to just troll it up instead of trying to start intelligent conversation. So guess what, you can go play with yourself as usual.
No valid points to respond to? Let me refresh your memory.
- You questioned the legitimacy of piracy being the major reason for developers shifting to consoles, the real primary reason being that consoles are "closed" and "easier" to developer for (not quite).

I provided direct quotes from several developers that directly stated piracy was the primary factor for focusing on consoles. Bottom line: Developers claimed they were forced to focus on consoles because piracy hurt sales on the PC side. NOT because consoles are closed/easier to develop for.

- Of course that wasn't enough. You even stated "Developers might claim it's a huge factor, but you cannot MEASURE piracy so how can you say how it affects your bottom line?"

I provided direct evidence of piracy statistics concerning PC vs consoles which slaps your silly notion to reality. In fact, there's a thread in the PC gaming section how Black Ops is the most pirated game of 2010 (pirated more than 5 times than for Xbox 360).

- You kept insisting piracy on consoles is just as easy on PC.

It isn't, and you didn't even bother to justify your reasoning, because you know it's just damn not true. It's only common sense how much easier it is to pirate on the PC compared to console. Other people saw this as well.

- You thought being locked into a contract for 2 years draws an equal footing with consoles as closed systems.

This notion was flawed from the start and I showed you why. Rather than repost 3 paragraphs, why don't you just do some research and look up the iPhone 4's hardware specs and compare to, say...a Samsung Galaxy? Notice any similarities?

- Then there's the whole PC gaming revenue industry in which you showcased your flawless math skills . You insisted retail sales are all that matters and blatantly stated digital downloads makes no impact.

In the latest link I showed you, retail sales accounted for 20% of overall PC gaming revenue. The rest came from digital downloads and online game subscriptions, a $13.1 billion industry overall for 2009. Interesting what the 2010 report will show.

- I had to correct you on what a "niche" market is.

- You began lying to yourself about being a PC gamer. The sig changes (after this discussion began), the boasts of buying a 6970 which is an outright lie, claiming to have had graphics card you never had. All of which are sharply contrasted in your post history, where you haven't posted in years anything relevant in the Radeon, General Graphics, General Hardware, and even the PC Gaming forums. You bashed the PC as a niche market where people only play the Sims and WoW, that you got tired of the "endless upgrade cycle" and made consoles your primary way to game, dismissed the impact of Steam and other digital download mediums, and all of a sudden you have a 6970 on the way. Okaaaaaaaaay. :rolls eyes:

Not that it matters anymore. Your posts were reduced to nothing more than incessant ramblings of a defeated ignorant with only retorts of "sandy vagina" and the like.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay20016 View Post
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.

Last edited by Exposed : Jan 1, 2011 at 05:25 PM.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2011, 05:32 PM   #110
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: United States Orlando, FL
Posts: 5,405
Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmt View Post
Man I take offense to this post. My kids PC has two of these biznits in them in SLI and we game on it more than we do mine (specs) which by your tone is also outadated. PC runs great with majority games at high detail, 720p res, and some AA and AF. We have it connected to a TV to enjoy on the couch gaming in our game room thank you very much.
If you had only one of those cards instead of SLI (which naturally changes the landscape quite a bit), you'll run into some issues with more demanding games. Of course, it is perfectly acceptable to play games at more realistic settings rather than high, especially for the casual gamer. I use my ASUS laptop connected to my HDTV for casual gaming, which has a mobile GTX260 (which in turn is really a 9800GTX rebadged for the mobile sector) and still has the power to run alot of games at maximum detail.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay20016 View Post
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2011, 12:33 PM   #111
Zero
Sass hole
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Canada Toronto
Posts: 38,815
Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
I provided direct quotes from several developers that directly stated piracy was the primary factor for focusing on consoles. Bottom line: Developers claimed they were forced to focus on consoles because piracy hurt sales on the PC side. NOT because consoles are closed/easier to develop for.
PR is PR, too bad you're too dumb to figure that out. Are they really going to explicitly say "the PC gaming market is dwindling because no one pays for hardware every year" and piss off their GPU partners? Are they going to say "some console company offered us ludicrous money for IP rights exclusivity" and piss off their PC followers?

Quote:
[/i]I provided direct evidence of piracy statistics concerning PC vs consoles which slaps your silly notion to reality. In fact, there's a thread in the PC gaming section how Black Ops is the most pirated game of 2010 (pirated more than 5 times than for Xbox 360).
The point is not that there is more or less piracy on any platform, it is that piracy exists on ALL platforms. If you figure the larger install base for PC, it's pretty much proportional across the board. Furthermore, since Torrentfreak NEVER posts their methodologies, the accuracy and validity of their numbers has been contested from day 1. There's also a huge amount of usenet and other P2P piracy still happening which is not accounted for.

Quote:
- You kept insisting piracy on consoles is just as easy on PC.

It isn't, and you didn't even bother to justify your reasoning, because you know it's just damn not true. It's only common sense how much easier it is to pirate on the PC compared to console. Other people saw this as well.
With respect to the end goal of obtaining a game illegally and playing it on your platform of choice, there is absolutely no difference between PC and consoles. Even if you have to modify a 360 with a liteon drive, it's still easily resolved by paying someone to do it. The barrier to piracy in this case is not technological, it's whether or not you have $20. It's even easier on the PS3 if you buy a $5 dongle and copy games to the HD, and even simpler on the wii. I'm not going into technical detail because the forum rules prohibit this, but everyone knows even if console piracy has ONE additional hoop to jump through, it's not a deterrent to piracy itself.

Quote:
- You thought being locked into a contract for 2 years draws an equal footing with consoles as closed systems.
No it equates to people keeping their hardware for longer. So to spell it out for you, everyone who bought a phone in 2010 is likely not to be eligible to upgrade until well into 2011. So any improved technologies will not benefit many consumers until AFTER 2011. If you are a developer and want to make games that will utilize something like Tegra2, you better damn well make sure there's a sizeable market to target before you invest your time and labour.

Quote:
This notion was flawed from the start and I showed you why. Rather than repost 3 paragraphs, why don't you just do some research and look up the iPhone 4's hardware specs and compare to, say...a Samsung Galaxy? Notice any similarities?
What's your point? Where are the advanced, mass-selling games on the Samsung? Oh that's right, still trailing behind iOS games.

Quote:
Then there's the whole PC gaming revenue industry in which you showcased your flawless math skills . You insisted retail sales are all that matters and blatantly stated digital downloads makes no impact.
You clearly show you have no argument here since all you can do is hinge on a typo. If you read the rest of my paragraph I compare the 3.33B retail revenue to the 2B DD revenue and validate the ~1:1 ratio I mentioned earlier. Bottom line, even if DD is included, PC gaming despite its install base, is still inferior to console gaming in terms of overall sales. Which is in itself another ECONOMIC reason for developers to move away from PC-lead development, without having to blame anything on piracy.

Quote:
In the latest link I showed you, retail sales accounted for 20% of overall PC gaming revenue. The rest came from digital downloads and online game subscriptions, a $13.1 billion industry overall for 2009. Interesting what the 2010 report will show.
More crap from the so called PC-gaming alliance? The numbers don't jive with the other link you posted.

Quote:
You began lying to yourself about being a PC gamer. The sig changes (after this discussion began), the boasts of buying a 6970 which is an outright lie, claiming to have had graphics card you never had. All of which are sharply contrasted in your post history, where you haven't posted in years anything relevant in the Radeon, General Graphics, General Hardware, and even the PC Gaming forums. You bashed the PC as a niche market where people only play the Sims and WoW, that you got tired of the "endless upgrade cycle" and made consoles your primary way to game, dismissed the impact of Steam and other digital download mediums, and all of a sudden you have a 6970 on the way. Okaaaaaaaaay. :rolls eyes:
This is where we can all bypass your credibility. Sig changes?

Here's a shot of my Device Manager. You seem to have checked my sig and assumed my OFFICE desktop was my primary rig. Noob mistake.



You seem to be too dumb to use the search function because I'm pretty sure I posted in the Fallout NV thread not that long ago.

Also here's me going back in time and posting about a 4870x2 that didn't exist until i made it up yesterday:

http://www.rage3d.com/board/search.php?searchid=2164645

And even if I didn't post in those forums, how does that discredit me as a PC gamer? I don't think I've ever seen you post anything in console gaming, smartphone and handhelds, does that mean you know jack **** about those? I guess so.

And as for buying a 6970, I want something that will play Metro2033 and AvP with tesselation enabled. Are you seriously going to mock me for upgrading my GPU after all this pro-pc-gaming tirade you've been on?

Bottom line is, all your points are meaningless, your thread is invalid, and you've clearly demonstrated a shocking lack of intelligence in stating your "points". Come back when you have a clue.
__________________
"Hi,

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"

Last edited by Zero : Jan 2, 2011 at 12:53 PM.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2011, 01:59 AM   #112
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: United States Orlando, FL
Posts: 5,405
Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
PR is PR, too bad you're too dumb to figure that out. Are they really going to explicitly say "the PC gaming market is dwindling because no one pays for hardware every year" and piss off their GPU partners? Are they going to say "some console company offered us ludicrous money for IP rights exclusivity" and piss off their PC followers?

"Too dumb" to realize? That's quite ironic considering the sheer lack of intelligent reasoning in that paragraph above. Let's go ahead and analyze them one by one:

- PR is PR? So when a developer states piracy are hurting their PC sales, and they have the STATISTICS TO PROVE IT, it's still just PR? This is the biggest gripe I've had with you since you've posted. You don't accept facts and figures, direct reason and feedback from developers themselves, nor common sense... you just latch on to this feeble theory without an ounce of proof even in the face of contrary evidence provided. Hence my harsh "ARE YOU THAT DENSE??" remark, which still aptly applies here as well.

- Piss off their GPU partners? Which of these console developers have "GPU Partners"? Give your definition of a "GPU partner", a developer that has them, and an explanation of why they would even care if they weren't planning to make any more PC games in the first place? I mean, does that really make any sense? IT DOESN'T.

- "PC Gaming market is dwindling because no one pays for hardware every year?" Hahahahahah another example of your sheer ignorance. If that were the case, AMD/Nvidia/Intel would ALL BE OUT OF BUSINESS! Nevermind the fact that statistics for graphics cards and CPUs show differently...you see this is what happens when you ignore facts, you make yourself look like a complete idiot.

- "Are they going to say "some console company offered us ludicrous money for IP rights exclusivity" and piss off their PC followers?" Uhh...yes . Because that's exactly what Microsoft did to Alan Wake. They bought out the developers, made Alan Wake an Xbox exclusive, and sent out a press release about it. Microsoft did this to increase sales for the Xbox 360 by making it an exclusive, like they did with HALO. This was a business decision that had nothing to do with piracy but more of Microsoft's competition with Sony (Remedy had intended to do a PS3 port as well development began in 2005).

Now tell me this genious, why would a company that is paid for exclusive content instead of cross-platform hide it with claims of PC Piracy? Do you also believe in conspiracies against mankind by Aliens living in Uranus as well?

Perhaps you might have some credibility if it involved just one of two developers that refuse to give details regarding piracy, but when you have droves of developers (especially big ones like ID and EPIC) claiming piracy is too big of a problem on the PC side AND HAVE THE STATS TO PROVE IT, then maybe you should rethink that dumb theory of yours. But hey, Mark Rein and John Carmack are liars of course.

Quote:

The point is not that there is more or less piracy on any platform, it is that piracy exists on ALL platforms. If you figure the larger install base for PC, it's pretty much proportional across the board. Furthermore, since Torrentfreak NEVER posts their methodologies, the accuracy and validity of their numbers has been contested from day 1. There's also a huge amount of usenet and other P2P piracy still happening which is not accounted for.
The point was NEVER that piracy "more or less" exists on any platform, the point was that piracy is MUCH MORE rampant and easier on the PC side. And here you are yet again, refusing to acknowledge facts and figures just to satiate this dumbass thinking of yours that doesn't quite jive with reality. Torrentfreak plainly states their data is pulled from the major trackers over a set period of time. It's not that difficult to track a torrent, genious. Their findings correlate to piracy statistics by the Entertainment Software Association as well.

Oh, and you suddenly want to acknowledge the PC as the largest install base compare to consoles. What does that mean? It means more money is there to be potentially made on the PC than consoles. Developers would be STUPID not to develop for the PC to tap into that market, right? Of course, what's the common reason for developers not committing the resources? PIRACY, which has grown to a huge problem, NOT because consoles are easier to develop for or closed (which incidentally, the PC is the easiest platform to developer for. PS3 is notoriously difficult according to developers because of CELL architecture, Xbox 360 is much easier yet still not on the same level as PC development which has been tried and true for decades).

Also, what the hell makes you think smaller, untracked sites would suddenly favor Xbox/console piracy? Do you know anything about statistics? It's funny you mentioned Usenet, because it doesn't help your argument at all. Usenet is HEAVILY PC-Centric, and is a concept difficult to grasp for the average player who wouldn't even know how to get started. This is basically old-timer, geek territory. Any dedicated avenues for console piracy on usenet is a drop in the bucket compared to its intended PC audience. Yeah genious, incredible thinking on your part.


Quote:
With respect to the end goal of obtaining a game illegally and playing it on your platform of choice, there is absolutely no difference between PC and consoles. Even if you have to modify a 360 with a liteon drive, it's still easily resolved by paying someone to do it. The barrier to piracy in this case is not technological, it's whether or not you have $20. It's even easier on the PS3 if you buy a $5 dongle and copy games to the HD, and even simpler on the wii. I'm not going into technical detail because the forum rules prohibit this, but everyone knows even if console piracy has ONE additional hoop to jump through, it's not a deterrent to piracy itself.
Wait, you tried to convince everyone that piracy on consoles was just as easy on piracy on PC so it shouldnt be a factor for developers leaving. Now you seem to be acknowledging your mistake, yet downplaying the significant differences in impact of the two.

Just answer this question. Is it or is it not significantly easier to pirate on the PC compared to consoles? If you answer this question honestly, then there's no need to beat this aspect to death and you have your proper answer as to the main question of your PC vs Console derailment.

Just to beat this horse a little further, those extra steps DO deter rampant piracy on consoles, because it's more complicated then you think and you risk bricking your console. BIG DIFFERENCE there.

Thanks for unwittingly agreeing with me by the way .


Quote:

No it equates to people keeping their hardware for longer. So to spell it out for you, everyone who bought a phone in 2010 is likely not to be eligible to upgrade until well into 2011. So any improved technologies will not benefit many consumers until AFTER 2011. If you are a developer and want to make games that will utilize something like Tegra2, you better damn well make sure there's a sizeable market to target before you invest your time and labour.
Do you not see the folly of trying to correlate that logic with PC vs Console? ALL phones are typically locked into a 2 year contract, both Android and iPhone. You have your low end Androids, and high end Androids, and your outdated iPhones/iPod touches (my 1st gen iPod touch can barely run anything new gamewise). Developers will obviously target the market segment they want. Developers don't need to worry about a Tegra 2 for example, they just need to adhere to a common standard (Open GL 2.0 ES), and the hardware takes care of the rest. How hard is that to grasp and realize PC vs Console fails in that regard?

Quote:

What's your point? Where are the advanced, mass-selling games on the Samsung? Oh that's right, still trailing behind iOS games.
Aha, showing your true colors like a little Mac lemming. Did you even understand the original post? Obviously not... this was never a discussion of RIGHT NOW genious, but the trend that is continuing and the eventuality of Android turning into a major gaming platform.

Hmmm...post statistics of Android outselling the iPhone, Android taking marketshare away from iOS, the number of apps formly iOS only now including Android as well, increasing developer support, etc.. (What's the point, you admittedly dont believe in facts, statistics, evidence). Do you see a pattern here?

You think iOS will remain the primary smartphone gaming platform over the next year or so as Android matures with better developer tools and support?

Let's look at a cross platform game: Angry birds. Downloaded 12 million times by iOS over its lifetime, downloaded 30 million times as of mid December. Before you go running your mouth how the android version is free, realize that Rovio makes MORE MONEY from the android version than the iOS version.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/40647146


Android is a ripe market for the taking, with a huge install base and plenty of phones for everyone. Developers WILL and ARE flocking to this market whether YOU LIKE IT OR NOT.

Quote:


You clearly show you have no argument here since all you can do is hinge on a typo. If you read the rest of my paragraph I compare the 3.33B retail revenue to the 2B DD revenue and validate the ~1:1 ratio I mentioned earlier. Bottom line, even if DD is included, PC gaming despite its install base, is still inferior to console gaming in terms of overall sales. Which is in itself another ECONOMIC reason for developers to move away from PC-lead development, without having to blame anything on piracy.



More crap from the so called PC-gaming alliance? The numbers don't jive with the other link you posted.
The numbers don't jive because you have no reading comprehension. I gave you 2007 and 2009 figures, you applied your awesome math skills to the 2007 link.

Here let me repost for you...

Subscription games suffered from the lack of major new releases, while boxed retail sales saw the biggest downturn of all categories and now account for less than 20% of all revenue.

http://www.techspot.com/news/38179-p...n-in-2009.html

Really, reading is fundamental!

You question their methods? Why don't you download the report yourself and tell me exactly where you disagree? The 2009 report you have to pay for (will be free when the 2010 report is released), but here's the 2008 PDF. The methology is the same.

http://www.pcgamingalliance.org/imwp...ontentID=15559

Now genious, everything is laid out in nice figures and sources cited.

..>TBC
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay20016 View Post
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.

Last edited by Exposed : Jan 3, 2011 at 03:29 AM.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2011, 03:14 AM   #113
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: United States Orlando, FL
Posts: 5,405
Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings


Default

Quote:

This is where we can all bypass your credibility. Sig changes?

Here's a shot of my Device Manager. You seem to have checked my sig and assumed my OFFICE desktop was my primary rig. Noob mistake.



You seem to be too dumb to use the search function because I'm pretty sure I posted in the Fallout NV thread not that long ago.

Also here's me going back in time and posting about a 4870x2 that didn't exist until i made it up yesterday:

http://www.rage3d.com/board/search.php?searchid=2164645

And even if I didn't post in those forums, how does that discredit me as a PC gamer? I don't think I've ever seen you post anything in console gaming, smartphone and handhelds, does that mean you know jack **** about those? I guess so.

And as for buying a 6970, I want something that will play Metro2033 and AvP with tesselation enabled. Are you seriously going to mock me for upgrading my GPU after all this pro-pc-gaming tirade you've been on?

Bottom line is, all your points are meaningless, your thread is invalid, and you've clearly demonstrated a shocking lack of intelligence in stating your "points". Come back when you have a clue.
Yes, it's common practice to post your OFFICE PC specs in your sig here at Rage3D instead of your GAMING PC.

As far as your link goes:

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.



Man, that is pathetic. Even pathetic enough to feel the need to post a screenshot of device manager. Of course, didn't know why you thought I was a psychic and assumed I should know what you have/had without putting it in your profile


And you're "pretty sure" you posted in PC Gaming not too long ago (yeah, back in November with a general gameplay question for a game you already have on a console).

Anybody can take a look at your post history and see which forums you spend the vast majority of your time in. Kinda hard to take you serious as a "PC Gamer" when it's 95% the console/smartphone/off topic forums .

And after your consistent bashing of the PC as a credible gaming platform, suddenly you have a 6970 coming. Ok, I'll go ahead and humor you. So why did you get it? Because of Metro 2033 and AvP Tessellation...basically you want something on the PC side that consoles can't give you, which is cutting edge graphics. This is what keeps PC Gamers as PC Gamers, we want the best graphics and cutting edge software and hardware. Consoles are good at what they do, but PC's will always remain at the top tier of gaming and why PC Gamers are PC Gamers, regardless of whatever sales statistics you want to look.

Believe me, it won't stop at Metro 2033 and AvP. Welcome back!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay20016 View Post
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2011, 05:56 AM   #114
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Sweden Axis of Evil
Posts: 15,455
Jasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled with


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Yeah, that's what I thought. Irrelevent ramblings when you can no longer adequetly take part of discussion with an ounce of intelligence. Ignorance is bliss I suppose?
Oh the irony.
__________________
IDDQD, IDKFA
Jasef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2011, 06:11 AM   #115
Zero
Sass hole
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Canada Toronto
Posts: 38,815
Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel


Default

So your entire argument boils down to "Exposed is too dumb to click on the System Specs button and tries to discredit PC gamers who aren't hardware masturbators". Interesting...
__________________
"Hi,

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2011, 02:49 PM   #116
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: United States Orlando, FL
Posts: 5,405
Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
So your entire argument boils down to "Exposed is too dumb to click on the System Specs button and tries to discredit PC gamers who aren't hardware masturbators". Interesting...
Well, I guess responding intelligently to the very argument you started yourself was a bit too much, eh? So now you're back to trolling, clinging pathetically to a rage3d forum setting (that is disabled by default ), because your "main" arguments were (once again) shown to be amiss. Come back when you're done trolling and able to respond properly.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay20016 View Post
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2011, 04:08 AM   #117
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: United States Orlando, FL
Posts: 5,405
Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings


Default History in the making (again)

In the time since NVIDIA’s CES 2010 announcement, the company has shifted resources and focused its entire Tegra team on a single OS: Android. Choosing Android isn’t a hard decision to understand, of all of the available smartphone OS options it has the most momentum behind it.


NVIDIA thus expects the smartphone market to evolve very similarly to how the desktop PC market evolved - including being driven by gaming. The Tegra 2 SoC is NVIDIA’s first honest attempt at addressing this market and with today’s announcements from LG and Motorola, NVIDIA is actually gaining some traction.


http://www.anandtech.com/show/4098/n...nd-design-wins


So, as I stated in the initial thread, one of the turning points is Nvidia's eventual dominance in the mobile GPU market, starting with Tegra 2. And they're pushing Android, because they firmly believe this is where gaming is headed.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay20016 View Post
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2011, 12:59 AM   #118
The PyroPath
Qualified Thread Killer
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Netherlands Koog aan de Zaan, The Netherlands
Posts: 2,582
The PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird sings


Default

For mobiles to be really competitive gaming platforms, the first thing they need to do is adress the batteries. Because you use it for more then gaming alone it is not acceptable that most gaming sucks your battery that hard. When playing a 3D game stressing the GPU inside the phone the battery will drain incredibly fast, which in my eyes is unacceptable if it is to be used as a serious gaming platform and a general purpose communications device the rest of the day.
__________________
Feel the Heat Frying your brain
The PyroPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2011, 02:03 PM   #119
hazindu
I put the zin in Hadu!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: United States Smartassville
Posts: 2,626
hazindu is still being judged by the masses


Default

I've been very skeptical of touch screen gaming because of the control issue, however, I gave Sandstorm and Hero of Sparta a try, and they were much better than I expected. The controls were surprisingly playable. It'd still be much easier with a real controller though...
__________________
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea." - Douglas Adams
hazindu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2011, 02:09 PM   #120
Elysian
SCAATSJW
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: United States Austin, TX
Posts: 48,543
Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PyroPath View Post
For mobiles to be really competitive gaming platforms, the first thing they need to do is adress the batteries. Because you use it for more then gaming alone it is not acceptable that most gaming sucks your battery that hard. When playing a 3D game stressing the GPU inside the phone the battery will drain incredibly fast, which in my eyes is unacceptable if it is to be used as a serious gaming platform and a general purpose communications device the rest of the day.
Nintendo 3DS will only last for 3-8 hours... My Droid X, with gaming, lasted longer than that.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Playstation Suite coming to Android. Android gaming is about to get awesome. Elysian Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing 31 Feb 9, 2011 02:38 PM
Is Android Missing the Point? xFilter Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing 12 Jan 20, 2011 10:13 PM
Turning router into access point-questions Payne3d [GenHardware] Networking [Archived] 2 Jan 10, 2008 08:29 AM
War Front: Turning Point cjl64 PC Gaming 2 Jan 11, 2007 02:49 AM
turning point quoquo Radeon Technical Support 1 Sep 30, 2002 02:32 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright ©1998-2011 Rage3D.com
Links monetized by VigLink