Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Apr 23, 2011, 10:37 AM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
And its apparently free.
Its free for the first 12 levels, but I don't know how many levels you get if you pay for it...
Hidavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2011, 10:50 AM   #62
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC View Post
Go Launcher EX + widgets. I'm trying the new version as I type and I absolutely love the new Contacts widget.
Go Launcher EX is just like LP but it's free. Gadgets are also free. Go try the new Contacts widget...
Wow, this is a high quality freebie! I really like it. The stock 2.3.3 launcher was wayyyyyyy too green, it was making me feel weird

screenies from my evo:

Last edited by Hidavi : Apr 23, 2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 11:17 AM   #63
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidavi View Post
Its free for the first 12 levels, but I don't know how many levels you get if you pay for it...
I didn't even see a paid version on the market.

edit: Oh I see. They have an in app store.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 23, 2011, 12:09 PM   #64
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird sings

only thing I dislike about go launcher is it's picky on dock sizes. I've got a really nice dock I used for a Mass Effect 2 theme but it's too wide for Go to use properly.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2011, 03:04 PM   #65
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCI Blue View Post
only thing I dislike about go launcher is it's picky on dock sizes. I've got a really nice dock I used for a Mass Effect 2 theme but it's too wide for Go to use properly.
There's a resize button when you try to set widgets and icons. doesn't that work?
Old Apr 24, 2011, 12:40 PM   #66
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

Cordy is fun! The control buttons are too far apart on the Xoom, but on the EVO the buttons feel fine. Just that the game obviously looks better on a 10.1" screen than it does on a 4.3"
pretty decent game, plays well on my 4.3" screen

does anyone know how many levels you unlock when you buy it? it gives world 1 and 2 free, and the purchasing interface makes it seem that you'll only get world 3 if you pay for it. is that really it?
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2011, 12:28 AM   #67
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

SetCPU for downclocking and save battery life
FPse PSX emulator, runs flawlessly
Rockplayer for video/movies

Honestly I'm not too keen of putting different launchers with trillion of widgets, I mean, who needs to check out the weather that often?
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2011, 04:36 PM   #68
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2011, 02:55 PM   #69
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete stranger

I'm looking for an android "front page" that can mimic the way I had my Blackberry set up...

The screen is split with phone information in tiny icons on the top, underneath that are 2-3 lines of pending calendar listings, then 5 or so of the most recent email/incoming phone calls/text messages, then a short row of icons to launch things.

Given the multipage launchings, I can probably do without the last bit. but the summary of "todo" and latest incoming messages/email is awefully convenient.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2011, 02:58 PM   #70
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
I'm looking for an android "front page" that can mimic the way I had my Blackberry set up...

The screen is split with phone information in tiny icons on the top, underneath that are 2-3 lines of pending calendar listings, then 5 or so of the most recent email/incoming phone calls/text messages, then a short row of icons to launch things.

Given the multipage launchings, I can probably do without the last bit. but the summary of "todo" and latest incoming messages/email is awefully convenient.
I made a thread on this. Let me see if I can find it...

Edit: here
Old May 29, 2011, 04:00 PM   #71
eNforcer
Radeon Northern Islands

eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:

So something like this? (i just configured it somewhat to your description)

The main app is WidgetLocker, it allows you to customize your lock screen with widgets and custom/downloaded sliders.

Pure Messenger is the app I used for all the unread/missed stuff (also does pop3 & imap, facebook, twitter)
Pure Calendar for the calendar stuff

Both have lots of customizing options including backgrounds.

You can hide the notification bar at the top with Widget Locker

Once you unlock, you are presented with your homescreen(s) with all your apps/shortcuts/whatever

Last edited by eNforcer : May 29, 2011 at 04:04 PM.
eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2011, 04:57 PM   #72
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete stranger

Thanks. Did you end up using Slidescreen or Pure?

Old May 29, 2011, 04:59 PM   #73
koralis
Radeon 5850

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNforcer View Post
So something like this? (i just configured it somewhat to your description)

Both have lots of customizing options including backgrounds.

You can hide the notification bar at the top with Widget Locker

Once you unlock, you are presented with your homescreen(s) with all your apps/shortcuts/whatever

Something like that. Except expected it to be usable, not merely visible while locked? Could probably get used to it though.

Old May 29, 2011, 10:14 PM   #74
eNforcer
Radeon Northern Islands

eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Something like that. Except expected it to be usable, not merely visible while locked? Could probably get used to it though.
you can use all of the widgets on the lock screen after you wake up the phone with the power button or whatever
Old May 29, 2011, 11:56 PM   #75
Gator
Unreal Android

Gator is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

As disappointed as I am these video game emulators were just taken off the Android Market, I still love them. Especially the Sega Genesis one:
https://slideme.org/user/yongzh
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2011, 07:37 AM   #76
koralis
Radeon 5850

Quote:
you can use all of the widgets on the lock screen after you wake up the phone with the power button or whatever

Ah... ok. I'll have to toy around with it when my phone shows up. Thanks.

Basically I'm predjudiced because my business partner uses and android phone and never seems to know when I send him email, etc, etc. I don't know if that's blind indifference, poor defaults/setup, or inability of the phone to notify well (he gets so much junk mail that "1 new email" isn't enough.) Sounds like I can at least cross the last one off my list.

Old May 30, 2011, 10:21 AM   #77
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
There's a resize button when you try to set widgets and icons. doesn't that work?

If you're talking about the rectangle deal then no it doesn't work. I used it with Launcher Pro and it worked just fine.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2011, 10:45 AM   #78
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
i have this on my LG device, one of the worst game i have ever played.

i wonder what were they thinking before decided to give the game with a Finger control.

how the heck would you experience a racing , driving experience with only one FInger control gameplay
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2011, 11:24 AM   #79
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I don't have a problem with it. It has similar controls to Reckless Racing. However, from the comments on the market, the controls have been updated with the recent release so I don't know how bad they were with the original release.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2011, 11:34 AM   #80
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
I don't have a problem with it. It has similar controls to Reckless Racing. However, from the comments on the market, the controls have been updated with the recent release so I don't know how bad they were with the original release.
o so it has been updated. thank you for your info

the game before patch does not play like in reckless racing.

all you do is to put one finger one the screen and guide the car where you want it to go.
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png

Last edited by wc326 : May 30, 2011 at 11:39 AM.
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2011, 08:08 PM   #81
necropimp
666 Flavors

necropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird sings

easy calculator... simply the best basic calculator out there
checkbook... basic checkbook register app free version supports 2 accounts and has ads
Amazon MP3... we don't need no stinking itunes
OI File Manager... not as pretty as Astro but it works and takes up less space
Dropbox... because sometimes it's easier than ****ing with USB cables
Fancy Widget Pro... no sense UI? want sense style clock? cheapest option*
Amazon Appstore... free paid app every day, some apps are cheaper than android market
Square... accept credit card payments for anything app is free, account is free, card reader is free they just take a percentage out of each transaction
SquareUpSurcharge... calculates what you should charge to get a specific amount from Square (if you want to pass the fee to the buyer)
Speed Test... check your bandwidth
Amazon... out shopping? wonder if it's cheaper on amazon? chances are it is... find out for sure
eBay... shopping for used ****? see something cheap you think you can sell for more on ebay? see how much that **** is going for
Zombie, Run!... gps+google maps+****ING ZOMBIES!

*99 cents on Amazon Appstore
Old May 31, 2011, 04:45 PM   #82
eNforcer
Radeon Northern Islands

Duhh, I never even thought about using Dropbox instead of dragging my ass to my bedroom to get the USB cable.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 01:24 AM   #83
Fat_Daddy_Cool
Poundmaker's Descent

Fat_Daddy_Cool once held a door open for a complete strangerFat_Daddy_Cool once held a door open for a complete strangerFat_Daddy_Cool once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyfowler View Post
I've just ordered an HTC Desire. I know there are some awesome Android apps out there but I've not looked at any for ages. If you have any recommendations (except spotify, that's a given ) please shout up.
what is Spotify I haven't been with android for very long but I loves my Xperia X10, better battery (I purchased my own better stronger battery) thing is a pig on power normally I would get 12 hours to 6 hours with light to heavy usage. The replacement gets me a week of heavy usage (I know because my phone gets hot with the heavy stuff) love every bloody thing about this phone the apps are sweet but maybe we could turn this into the Droid fav app recomendations. I know there are ones that I am not aware of

Maybe a good idea to pin the thread, just a thought
Fat_Daddy_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2011, 07:51 AM   #84
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Quote:
Duhh, I never even thought about using Dropbox instead of dragging my ass to my bedroom to get the USB cable.
It works for small stuff pretty quickly, but if you're moving 100+ MB files, its really much more predictable and faster to use USB. Dropbox can be slow sometimes, even if you have good bandwidth on your phone and on your computer connection.

Now, I just wish that bluetooth sharing was less cumbersome. That would be awesome.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 11:32 AM   #85
kingofslackerz
busy doing nothin

kingofslackerz is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
It works for small stuff pretty quickly, but if you're moving 100+ MB files, its really much more predictable and faster to use USB. Dropbox can be slow sometimes, even if you have good bandwidth on your phone and on your computer connection.

Now, I just wish that bluetooth sharing was less cumbersome. That would be awesome.

I use File Expert, https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result, wifi ftp/web ftp.

Haven't tried it with big files yet.
kingofslackerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2011, 02:41 PM   #86
Fat_Daddy_Cool
Poundmaker's Descent

Fat_Daddy_Cool once held a door open for a complete strangerFat_Daddy_Cool once held a door open for a complete strangerFat_Daddy_Cool once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX-Overclocking View Post
I can't believe none of you mentioned Shop Savy. Its the best app out there, let's you bar scan stuff to price compare it to other stores near you and etailers.
that is pure magic
Old Jun 26, 2011, 10:31 PM   #87
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Needs more apps.

I tried ShopSavvy and Barcode Scanner, not sure which I like more. I'm scanning various items around my house and ShopSavy shows pictures of them right away, so that's cool. I'm assuming if you're in a store and something isn't marked, when you scan it, the store you're in will show up in the "nearby stores" with a price?

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2011, 11:53 PM   #88
necropimp
666 Flavors

necropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
Needs more apps.

I tried ShopSavvy and Barcode Scanner, not sure which I like more. I'm scanning various items around my house and ShopSavy shows pictures of them right away, so that's cool. I'm assuming if you're in a store and something isn't marked, when you scan it, the store you're in will show up in the "nearby stores" with a price?
only if that store and it's price can be accessed through the internet

say for example... you're in walmart you see a home drug testing kit but no price and you scan it... at best you'll get the walmart.com price but in store pricing can be very different from online price
Old Jun 27, 2011, 12:08 AM   #89
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by necropimp View Post
only if that store and it's price can be accessed through the internet

say for example... you're in walmart you see a home drug testing kit but no price and you scan it... at best you'll get the walmart.com price but in store pricing can be very different from online price
Bah. I thought it would be cool if it somehow found the store's price, I can't tell you how many damn times nothing is priced and the store doesn't have its own barcode reader.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2011, 12:23 AM   #90
Fat_Daddy_Cool
Poundmaker's Descent

Quote:
reading around, seems you're right. I could actually even be slowing my phone down by using a task killer and android does a good enough job of battery management.

Sorry for being wrong; I'm a Windows user

But you got rep for saying sorry and rep for admitting you made a mistake. Much honour now have a free beer on me..