Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Aug 6, 2008, 02:51 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Vorpal
Radeon R700

Vorpal is still being judged by the masses

Default I made $112 profit from upgrading my iPhone

Last week I got my new 3G 16GB iphone in (a $300 equipment upgrade fee from AT&T), and put the old one up on Ebay. My wife wanted a black one and that still hasn't come in. So, very soon I'll be putting another one up and hers is in better shape than mine was.

Amazing!!! I've got a slight "Christmas Morning" feeling. My assumption is the old iPhones have so much value because of people either looking to avoid the AT&T two year contract, or looking to use iphones on other carriers.

- $300.00 iPhone original 16GB equipment upgrade to 3G 16GB
- $024.75 tax on upgrade
- $030.00 new case (old ones don't work with 3G's)
- $002.48 tax on new case
- $014.87 eBay Listing fees
- $015.20 Shipping and insurance fees

+ $500.00 eBay sale price (rounded down)

$112.71 Net Profit

Vorpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 02:53 PM   #2
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Nice!
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 03:07 PM   #3
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman-jim View Post
Nice!
qft!
Sundance Kid V2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 6, 2008, 03:08 PM   #4
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Now you can buy beer for all of us . And some sweet manchess after the beers
Old Aug 6, 2008, 03:22 PM   #5
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

a lot of ppl have been having problems with the new 3G iPhone, so the 2G iPhone is still valuable.

i've always profitted or broken even when i would buy a new phone and sell the old one because of my mad haggling skillz. I would CONSISTANTLY pay $100+ less then the advertised 2yr agreement price.

And my current phones i got great deals on. My i880 was free after rebate, and Sprint sent me TWO moguls for the price of one .
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 04:00 PM   #6
Vorpal
Radeon R700

Vorpal is still being judged by the masses

There's really not any problems with the 3G iPhones, there were just a lot of nasty bugs with the 2.0 software version that came out with them. Things like crashing apps and backups that took 4 hours to complete for some people. I had some of those problems with the original iPhone and my new 3G iphone - but the 2.1 update that was released yesterday seemed to have fixed everything.

------

I actually had to kill the auction and was lucky enough to get an accepted 2nd chance buy from the next highest bidder. I clearly stated in the listing that I was only shipping inside the US (in bold with an asterisk on each side - at the very top of the auction). In the very last minute of the auction some goober from Amsterdam with no seller or buyer rating at all made the final winning bid. So I had to cancel the auction and send out those "2nd chance notifications". That idiot has sent me two Ebay emails since. He's either stupid, or it's a scam.

Quote:
I was very happy to win the auction for your iphone but now I just noticed that you don't ship to Europe!!! I live in Amsterdam.. Is it possible to ship to here?

Thanks for confirming.
I replied back "sorry - no" (blah blah)

Quote:
have purchased the following item on eBay from you. Please send me the total amount I owe you.

Thanks so much for letting me know if you can ship to Amsterdam and if so how much the total cost will be in US Dollars. Thanks Kelly
I replied back again with the same message. Any more messages I'm going to ignore. I've been nice enough. Either he's trying to cheat me or his stupidity messed up my auction. I've already been too nice.
Vorpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 04:27 PM   #7
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

I think scam...
Old Aug 6, 2008, 05:12 PM   #8
Maze
Bazinga!

Maze is still being judged by the masses

say this to him:

Quote:
Beste Kelly,

Zoals in mijn auction stond aangegeven, verstuur ik alleen binnen de Verenigde Staten. Aangezien jij het laatste (winnende) bod hebt gedaan, was ik genoodzaakt om een nieuwe auction op te starten, aangezien heel simpel gezegd: de action hebt verpest door toch te bieden.

Om even heel duidelijk te zijn: als je niet in de Verenigde Staten woont, kun je niet bieden op deze iPhone. Ik hoop dat je het begrijpt en niet weer dezelfde fout maakt. Ik verzoek je daarom ook te kijken op andere websites zoals marktplaats.nl of tweakers.net vraag en aanbod of ze daar nog mogelijke iPhone hebben.

Met vriendelijke groet,

[your name]