Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D)
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D) Home of the Team Rage3D [email protected] project. Get [email protected] info, download information, and details on how to join the Team. Team Rage3D progress updates posted here daily.

Old Jun 22, 2005, 07:00 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Unit01
Radeon Northern Islands

Unit01 is still being judged by the masses

Unit01 Ready

My name is Hanway, i live in Malmö sweden. I am 21 years old and am currently studying economics, am at year 2 of 4. Going to take a small break to study something different to see whether i've chosen the right way.

I originally joined Rage3D cause i had just gotten my Radeon 8500 card and had questions about it and this was the only forum i found that seemed to have the competence to help me.
I started folding for Rage3D because i wanted to help Rage3D and the cause. Well at the beginning it was mainly for the competition and Rage3D, but as time went on it's changed to a subtle balance between the competing spirit and the well being spirit.
I would consider helping assist a few projects if needed. But that would have to depend on the size of the project and the circumstances in my life at the time.
I still fold for Rage3D since it's the forum i visit the most with a wide range of areas on the board.
The members here are also quite nice and it motivates one to stay here
In the past i've recruited a few members but most of them has stopped now for various reasons, my former most strongest recruit has been over run by a friend of mine who is steadily helping Rage3D now

My current active recruits:
DNT

My current inactive recruits:
raidsoft
long
kenny
liljo
mafiozo
blahegon

Not sure if i've forgotten anyone.
Wow this reminds me of the 0,8pt/wu days
Ah well, time to wake up the recruits one way or another. And to bring some new in.

Regards
Unit01
Comp2: AMD Opteron 165 @ 2,0Ghz stock volt Asus A8N-32SLI Deluxe 2GB G.Skill PC4000
1x36GB Maxtor Atlas 15KII 1x147GB Maxtor Atlas 10KV xxxGB HD RAID Array(soon) ASUS EN7300GT Silent
Lapy1: HP NX9420 Core 2 Duo T5500 1x1024MB RAM 100GB HD X1600mobility
Unit01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 10:52 PM   #32
junglist1996
Reload selecta!

junglist1996 is still being judged by the masses

junglist1996 reporting for duty sir!

Real name is Kevin. Currently living in Hong Kong and working in a small corporate finance firm specialized in small-cap HK IPO's and financial advisory services for HK listed companies. Being in a company w/o in house IT, I have the privilege of installing [email protected] on the server and a couple of other PC's @ work. Due to my erratic work hours, getting wasted far too often, and returning to school for the AICPA (hopefully getting qualified by the end of 2006), I'm afraid that I'll not be able to make further contributions such as getting involved in the team's projects.

I originally joined R3D for overclocking tips on a 9600 Pro. Exactly 1 year ago (first WU submitted on 24 June 2004), I started folding for TR3D partly because I believe if I maintain my current lifestyle, misfolds within my own self will happen someday.

In the next couple of months, I'd like to see TTR become the Doodyheads. In a year's time, I'd like to see us maintaining 200,000PPD ex-How???. I don't think we can continue to rely on How??? for almost half of our PPD. Not sure if this has been suggested or implemented already. I was thinking maybe we can add a checkbox in the registration page of the forum so that newcomers can choose to receive an e-mail or something describing the whole folding thing.
<= See "System Specs" | CPU Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 2.4GHz | Mobo Asus P5Q Deluxe | RAM 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 800 | GPU HIS Radeon HD6570 1GB | SSD 120GB Intel 320 | Optical LG GGC-H20L Blu-ray/HD DVD | Case Origen AE S16V | PSU Zalman ZM600-HP | OS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Input Logitech MX Air + Logitech diNovo Edge | TV Panasonic VIERA TH-P50V20H 50" Plasma 1080p | DAC Wyred4Sound DAC2 24/192 Async USB | Integrated amplifier Musical Fidelity AMS35i 35wpc pure Class A | Loudspeakers Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Concert Grand | ASRock Core 100HT | CPU Core i3 350M 2.26GHz | Chipset Intel HM55 | RAM 4GB Kingston DDR3 1333 | GPU Intel HD Graphics | SSD 60GB OCZ Vertex 2 | Optical LG Super-Multi DVD burner | OS Windows 7 Home Premium x64 | Input Logitech K400 | TV Sony BRAVIA KDL-40HX750 40" LED 1080p | DAC Eastern Electric MiniMax DAC 24/192 w/ M2Tech hiFace USB->SPDIF | Integrated amplifier Musical Fidelity A1 20wpc Class A | Loudspeakers DALI Royal Menuet II on Solidsteel ZR-7 | Dell XPS 15 (9530) | CPU Core i7 4702HQ 2.2GHz | Chipset Intel HM87 | RAM 16GB DDR3 1600 | GPU Nvidia GT 750M 2GB Optimus + Intel HD Graphics 4600 | SSD 512GB Samsung SM841 | OS Windows 8.1 Pro x64 | Input Backlit keyboard (built-in) + Logitech Performance Mouse M950 + Filco Majestouch Ninja keyboard (Cherry MX Brown) | Display 15.6" 3200x1800 Touch + Matrox DualHead2Go w/ 2 x Dell UltraSharp 1907FP 2560x1024 | Sound Realtek HD Audio | Microsoft Surface Pro | CPU Core i5 3317U 1.7GHz | Chipset Intel HM77 | RAM 4GB DDR3 1600 | GPU Intel HD Graphics 4000 | SSD 128GB Micron RealSSD C400 | OS Windows 8.1 Pro x64 | Input Touch Cover + Surface Pen | Display 10.6" 1920x1080 touchscreen | QNAP TS-253 Pro | 2 x 6TB HGST Deskstar NAS RAID 1

Would you like to help cure cancer with your uber rig? Join the fold at Team Rage 3D today!
junglist1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 10:55 PM   #33
Alpha

Alpha is still being judged by the masses

I haven't folded since 2003 but I've done a couple WUs in the last few days.

I needed a reason to leave my linux box runnin
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 23, 2005, 10:26 AM   #34
nZero
Raiden mk-II

nZero is still being judged by the masses

Hi, I'm Travis. I joined the forum to complain when ATi screwed up the TV-out on my Radeon 7500 by releasing the 3-series Catalysts. I kind of like the place so I've been lurking around here ever since.

I'm folding 2 boxes (OC'd A64 (754) 3000+, stock AXP 2000+) for Team R3D for reasons beyond my comprehension. The front-page brainwashing campaign worked, I guess. Actually, this is the only site/forum I'm a regular of that has an active Folding team and recruiting campaign.

Of course, with all of the moving I've been doing lately, a downgrade to my internet connection, and a recent vacation, my production was way down but it should be evening itself out now.

I don't have any particular individual or team goals, just to use my idle processor cycles for something other than heating my home. It is fun to follow the points n' subteams and stuff, though. So, yeah, proud to be a semi-active member of one of the world's top folding teams.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 11:03 AM   #35
Althornin
Suck it down...

Althornin is still being judged by the masses

I started back when the team first started.
I had already been folding, and changed to join this team when it started.

I don't remember why, probably because I hung out here alot.

I am a Sun Microsystems Systems Engineer, and I work too damn much.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 03:38 PM   #36
wandernACE64
heaven ^

wandernACE64 is still being judged by the masses

i joined when i bought my 8500LE and registered to tell you peeps about the good deal /w the 3.3 memory and this forum has been my fave since. i would just like to see the team moving forward that is all. i have some spare parts to donate when that thing gets going.

Join Rage3D's team! [team number: 64]
If you like eating beef and are afraid of getting Mad Cow Disease, then you should join Rage3D's [email protected] team and help to find a cure faster! :)
Thanks for those of YOU who'd joined; YOU are making a difference!

:: direction.diligence.discipline.
wandernACE64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 04:36 PM   #37
jimfnm

jimfnm is still being judged by the masses

Real name is James and I'm a network admin for a cancer clinic. I first learned of the folding project here so I decided this would be the team to fold for. That and all the free tweak/catalyst advice...
jimfnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 11:36 AM   #38
LastWurm
Radeon R200

LastWurm is still being judged by the masses

My real name is Michael. I'm a 24yr old Network Administrator for Indiana University Purdue University, Fort Wayne. I'm also a diabetic.

I've folded on and off for some time, just so happen to be making an interesting run at the top 100 right now. I fold for myself and the advancements in science it can provide.

I came to rage3d when I first bought my generation1 radeon. I've never left, and I don't post alot, but I read.
LastWurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2005, 06:31 AM   #39
neliz
Rage3D Veteran

neliz is still being judged by the masses

yes...
OTI-056, OTI-087, S3 Trio V64, S3 TrioGX + Elsa Gloria-L, S3 VirgeDX + Elsa GLoria-L, Matrox Millenium + Monster3D, TNT2, Geforce256, Creative Geforce2MX, Radeon 9000Pro, Sapphire 9500Pro, Sapphire 9600XT, Club3D 9800Pro, Club3D 6600GT, ELSA Falcox X800XT-PE, XFX 7600GTXXX, Sapphire HD 2900XT, MSI HD 4850, MSI R5850 /OC, XFX HD 6870, MSI R6950 Twin Frozr II/OC, HD 7950.
neliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2005, 02:30 PM   #40
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

First of all, a big thanks to all those who have posted here - nice to see so many old & new faces represented there! Here is the list of all those who have checked in so far:

VW_Factor
Intolerant Zealot
Uber_Tiny
P1x44r
Gator
luxor
XSBagage
SpongeBebop
Gaurav
Fat Jez
ShaidarHaran
jima13
_-F10-_
Alt-F4
snookums
Zenitram
Greasy
confusedsoul
Rad2owns
lek
Honsy
curio
Dodongo77
Liandros
magicknight0233
Squeak
Unit01
junglist1996
Alpha
nZero
Althornin
wandernACE64
jimfnm
LastWurm
neliz

Are there any Team Folders not on that list that you either know or see post in other forums? Please take a moment and PM or otherwise contact each of them, asking them to both check in and visit this thread. The information that will follow is important to everyone!!!

EDIT: please don't feel obligated or pressured to reveal personal information in this thread. just drop in and say hi!

Last edited by Lupine : Jul 6, 2005 at 12:46 AM.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 09:34 PM   #41
cfsirl
Radeon Evergreen

cfsirl is still being judged by the masses

I'm Charles, folding for Team Rage3D. At this time, I have a dual P3 600MHz desktop at work folding 24/7. My home boxes (Athlon 64 3000+, Athlon XP 2600+, and Sempron 2800+) all fold when they're actually on. Later this month I'll be adding an Athlon 64 3500+, which will be running more full-time since I'll be using it at work.

James Beran (December 23, 1947 - December 22, 2011). You gave me the opportunity to grow and learn from you and if it weren't for you, I would not be where I am today. Rest in peace and at least your suffering has ended.
cfsirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 09:37 PM   #42
yogisumo

yogisumo is still being judged by the masses

yogisumo reporting in. Long time owner/user of ATI AIW cards. Found Rage3d while looking for information on my AIW. Decided to start folding after seeing the recent request for Team Rage3D folders.
yogisumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2005, 12:10 AM   #43
wandernACE64
heaven ^

wandernACE64 is still being judged by the masses

welcome to the team guys

Join Rage3D's team! [team number: 64]
If you like eating beef and are afraid of getting Mad Cow Disease, then you should join Rage3D's [email protected] team and help to find a cure faster! :)
Thanks for those of YOU who'd joined; YOU are making a difference!

:: direction.diligence.discipline.
wandernACE64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2005, 12:40 AM   #44
WhAt3v3r
Radeon Northern Islands

WhAt3v3r is still being judged by the masses

ronerik reporting......

I am 28, blue collar worker, computer nut, and folding for RAGE because they needed my help. Go RAGE!!!!!
Old Jul 6, 2005, 12:56 PM   #45
WyreTheWolf
fuzzy ears

WyreTheWolf is still being judged by the masses

**raises paw**

HERE!

Justin, better known as wolf to all my friends and family.

I own a computer business... I am also the tech.

I have been with Rage3D since the old Rage Pro days.... Most of the old timers know me... For those that dont know me.... GREETS!
-= 3 x AOC G2590FX 25" | Windows 10 Professional x64 =-

-= PROUDLY FOLDING FOR TEAM Rage3D! =-
WyreTheWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 10:56 AM   #46
TheEmrys
Radeon R420

TheEmrys is still being judged by the masses

TheEmrys has returned. My name is Tyler Dillon and I just got back from my honeymoon. I work in a small Christian College as the Resident Director. I also double as the computer trouble-shooter for all of the students. I unpaid for this work, so in exchange for my labor, I install [email protected] During the school year, I have 50+ boxes folding for me. Right now, I'm quite a bit less. I live in San Diego with my new wife. I've been folding for 4 years now. I first started folding for R3D tweak when I had a brand spanking new 8500 128meg. But things really took off when I borged all of the library and computer lab computers 2 years ago. Since then, IT reimages nightly. But now I have the prolitariate folding for me. I'm 29 (for a month longer *sigh) and love folding.
Old Jul 9, 2005, 11:30 PM   #47
rtangwai
RX 480

rtangwai is still being judged by the masses

My name is Robert, I am the System Administrator and Volunteer Coordinator for reBOOT Canada, a charity that takes in donations of computer equipment, refurbishes them, and sends them out to charities and non-profit organizations across Canada. I'm currently folding using only my home computers - 3x 3.06GHz P4 w/Hyperthreading (one part-time as it belongs to the wife), 1x 2.8GHz P4, 1x 2.0GHz P4, 1x Semperon 3000+, and 2x AthlonXP 1700+. Got an AthlonXP 2000+ and an AthlonXP 1800+ to build up and add to the farm, as soon as I get another KVM. In the meantime I'm scraping up all the RAM I can find to see if I get those super-huge WU and the bonus points
rtangwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2005, 12:46 AM   #48
delsydsoftware
FAHView Guru

delsydsoftware is still being judged by the masses

My name is Chris, and I've been visiting this site since I got my Radeon 9000 a few years ago. Right now, I'm running [email protected] on my 2.6GHZ Athlon 64. Within the next 2 weeks, I should have a 1.2ghz P3 and an Athlon 3000+ up and running as well. I'm trying to get my friend Orin(who is the graphics artist at Delsyd) to join up.

Delsyd Software is a tiny game development company that Orin and I started back in 1997. I've done a bit of custom software for people, but we haven't released a game yet.

One project is almost done, and another is in the works. Once the first project is done and selling(hopefully), I plan to add some more computers to the folding effort. Let me tell you, trying to make a commercial quality game is a pain in the butt.
delsydsoftware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2005, 02:29 AM   #49
tie fighter
Radeon R200

tie fighter is still being judged by the masses

xducati996/ tie fighter
Checking In
tie fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2005, 03:58 AM   #50
Nakor Allthumbs
Gibson junkie

Location: Canada The eighth concentric circle of Dantes' easy bake.
Nakor Allthumbs is still being judged by the masses

nakor/pharoh checking in....

please under no circumstance give me leadership in any fashion.... i'm bossy

Pinky: I think so, but if they called them sad meals, nobody would buy them.

Folding under Pharoh
Nakor Allthumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2005, 06:44 AM   #51
Alhazred

Alhazred is still being judged by the masses

Hi,

I'm Martin, and I'm from Madrid, Spain. I've just finished my medicine studies and now I'm a neurosurgery resident at a hospital here in Madrid. I joined Rage3d some years ago when I bought an ati radeon. It was in the Rage3d page where I first read about [email protected], and I thought it was a great way of contributing to medical investigation! I check the forums from time to time although usually I don't post any comment. I had stopped folding for some time and I started again this year when I bought a new Athlon 64 3500+ and then read about the Tech Report challenge!
I think that the subteams idea is great because it encourages people to fold more and more. I see team rage3d raising in the rankings in the next years, because there are lots of "sleeping" folders, like I was some months ago, and we'll leave a trace of doodyheads behind us he he he... (that will mean more work for us surgeons!!)

Todos a plegar!!!! (I think that would be a way of saying "let's fold" in spanish...)
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2005, 10:56 AM   #52
Arno
Radeon R700

Arno is still being judged by the masses

Arno reporting it.
I started folding when I noticed some references to folding in people's signatures. I got curious, and downloaded [email protected] So, yeah, signatures do get noticed!

I have no intention in taking a leading role, but I'm looking forward to some sub-team competition.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 08:33 AM   #53
Omega_VI
Radeon R100

Omega_VI is still being judged by the masses

AMD

Omega_VI reporting in

Bringing 4 computers to the table hopin to catch the Ars guys! (Dont wanna be a doody head)
Omega_VI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2005, 01:35 PM   #54
SmokeRings

SmokeRings is still being judged by the masses

Default I just added my 6 computers

I changed from seti mostly because of bionc having problems, folding is a bit more stable, and the team project seems like fun. I had over 8000 work units and they liked to erase it. So I just added 6 computers (Approx 13.6 GHZ)to folding.

They have some good graphics cards too (a multiplayer setup) and I was looking into using them for the team.

Anyone get the graphics card working for us yet?

We are climbing fast in the race!! but to be in the top 3 teams (#4 won't be TOO difficult if we are gaining this fast) we need to use our Graphics Power!
SmokeRings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2005, 02:08 PM   #55
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeRings
I changed from seti mostly because of bionc having problems, folding is a bit more stable, and the team project seems like fun. I had over 8000 work units and they liked to erase it. So I just added 6 computers (Approx 13.6 GHZ)to folding.

They have some good graphics cards too (a multiplayer setup) and I was looking into using them for the team.

Anyone get the graphics card working for us yet?

We are climbing fast in the race!! but to be in the top 3 teams (#4 won't be TOO difficult if we are gaining this fast) we need to use our Graphics Power!
Welcome to the team guys!

Stanford has been working on a GPU client for some time now and, while we don't know any specific timeframe, its sounding like a sure thing.

Oh, and there is a BOINC client in the works too. It won't replace the current clients, but will simply be one more alternative.
Old Aug 7, 2005, 05:26 PM   #56
sumpwa
Radeon Sea Islands

sumpwa is still being judged by the masses

quick summary of who you are:

My name is Warren. I join R3D when i was trying to learn how to overclock my r8500. I'm a freshman CS student. I host my own website and forum. I live in Oklahoma.

why you've chosen Team Rage3D Folding:

I don't know really. I stumbled upon it while browsing R3d and decided to install it. It looked pretty cool and I'm easily amused. But then again I'm a networker. We get amused by things that blink and have power. Those folding molecules are no different

What is your vision of Rage3D one year from now?

I see, next year, Rage3D at 1st place.

What would you like to see?

See previous question

How will YOU help us reach that goal?

I'm going to try to get in as many computers as I can folding for R3D. all i gotta do is get my lappy and convince my brother and step brother to join.
sumpwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2005, 12:03 AM   #57
El Sid
Rage3D Veteran

El Sid is still being judged by the masses

Yo!

Who am I?

I was a R3D lurker for ages. Decided to join up a while ago.
Um...that's enough about me. What about you?
El Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2005, 02:55 PM   #58
]BladE[

]BladE[ is still being judged by the masses

Default Masterchief ready for duty capitan !

Ouch ! Sorry about the title I just finished playing Halo Its my third tim when i have completed this game ! My time 0312. Emotions are still on high so jus forget about it But anyway im here ready for duty, and determineted to risk my life for my (new) team.

P.S. BTW thank's for Rage3D Tweaker. Cya leater.
]BladE[ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2005, 07:51 PM   #59
M1
Radeon R300

M1 is still being judged by the masses

Hi

I've learned about folding simply by browing the front page of the site, and decided to contribute. I've just breezed through the setup without paying attention to instructions, but it seems fine so far. I just cannot seem to play games at the same time as the folding but it is a small inconvenience. Looking forward to build a 2nd system out of some salvaged parts.

Keep on folding guys.
M1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2005, 07:57 PM   #60
Lupine
Administrator

Welcome to the team guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1
Hi

I've learned about folding simply by browing the front page of the site, and decided to contribute. I've just breezed through the setup without paying attention to instructions, but it seems fine so far. I just cannot seem to play games at the same time as the folding but it is a small inconvenience. Looking forward to build a 2nd system out of some salvaged parts.

Keep on folding guys.
I'm assuming you're using the graphical client? Yeah, it has OpenGL issues that are known to cause issues (bump to desktop etc) in Windows. At some point you might want to convert to the console client. All the fun & none of the fuss.