Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Feb 10, 2020, 06:05 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
xCLAVEx
Not gone
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 23,478
xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger


Default Paedophile who tried to meet girl, 14, spared jail because ‘there was no real victim’

Quote:
A convicted paedophile has been spared jail for attempting to meet up with a child for sex because there were no ‘real’ victims of his offending. Lee Parry, 37, repeatedly sent naked pictures of himself to a paedophile hunter posing as a girl aged 14. During months of exchanges over Facebook he asked if he could take the ‘girl’ out for a milkshake, told her she was ‘cute’ and ‘sexy’ and said he wanted to be her ‘first’.

In one vile message he told her: ‘I will be a dirty b*****d.’ In another, he sent a picture of his erect penis saying: ‘I want you to play with it.’ Lee Parry leaving court after being handed a suspended sentence (Picture: Cavendish) Parry was confronted by the Catching Online Predators group who broadcast their citizen’s arrest live on Facebook (Picture: Cavendish) Parry was actually messaging an investigator from the vigilante Catching Online Predators group, who confronted him at his home in Droyslden, Greater Manchester in June.

He began swearing at members of the group as they live-streamed their citizen’s arrest on Facebook. Parry claimed he was trying to ‘protect’ young girls ‘from weirdos’ and said: ‘I’ve done nothing wrong. I’m not a f*****g nonce. ‘There are loads of d**k pics on Facebook. She shouldn’t have been on Facebook in the first place.’ He then told the group: ‘It’s absolutely disgraceful you’ve come to my home to humiliate me in front of everybody. I’m not bothered. ‘Film me and follow me all you like.

I’m a decent guy. I’m not a pervert. I’m the same as you. I’ve done f**k all wrong.’ He admitted attempting to cause a child to watch images of sexual activity, attempted sexual communications with a child and attempting to cause a child to engage in sexual activity (Picture: Cavendish) Parry later admitted attempting to cause a child to watch images of sexual activity, attempted sexual communications with a child and attempting to cause a child to engage in sexual activity.

But he was sentenced to 12 months in jail suspended for two years after his lawyer argued at Minshull Street Crown Court that the child was ‘fictitious’ and no harm was caused. Judge Tina Landale told him: ‘It is clear you have a sexual interest in children, and you communicated with those two people over a period of time – the second child for five months, the first for just over one month.

‘You tried to get them to meet you by offering to buy them things and sent them photographs of your erect penis. You tried to get them to send you pictures of themselves. ‘Fortunately, these were not real children but you were confronted by overwhelming evidence of your activities. Parry has been ordered to sign the sexual offenders register for 10 years (Picture: Cavendish) ‘The pre-sentence report says that you are a highly manipulative person and by behaving in this way you intended to groom children into meeting you for sexual purposes and I agree with that assessment.

‘It says unless you meaningfully engage in treatment, further offending is inevitable.’ She added that Parry did not appear to be remorseful and had ‘expressed to the probation service that you didn’t believe you had done anything wrong’. Parry walked free from court with a warning that if he did re-offend he would be put behind bars. He was ordered to complete 240 hours of unpaid work, abide by a Sexual Harm Prevention Order and sign the Sex Offenders register for 10 years.


Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/10/paedo...2/?ito=cbshare
Well if they could use the "wasn't a real person" excuse here in the states, Chris Hansen would not have had a show. I guess this guy "got off" easy...
__________________
"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are Stupid. "

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline  
Old Feb 10, 2020, 06:31 PM   #2
DigitalDemon
Flaccid Flexor
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Niger Please
Posts: 5,777
DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Well if they could use the "wasn't a real person" excuse here in the states, Chris Hansen would not have had a show. I guess this guy "got off" easy...
I think in the US the charge is solicitation of something, as this is also like those stings where people try to have someone killed and are instead baited into a fake hitman sting op. I am still unsure about the penalties for these "crimes", as there are no victims.


Something to think about: Say you have a room with a person holding a remote controlled bomb. Now in another room, far enough away to where the outcome cannot be observed, you have a table with a big button on it. Pressing it has a 50/50 chance of setting off the bomb. Now, would you be guilty of a crime if you pushed the button? In the US I believe the answer is yes, no matter if the bomb went off or not. Now for the kicker. In a sting op there is no person and there is no bomb, yet you are still guilty of pushing the button you believed could do something.

This is thought crime.
DigitalDemon is offline  
Old Feb 10, 2020, 07:29 PM   #3
xCLAVEx
Not gone
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 23,478
xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDemon View Post
I think in the US the charge is solicitation of something, as this is also like those stings where people try to have someone killed and are instead baited into a fake hitman sting op. I am still unsure about the penalties for these "crimes", as there are no victims.


Something to think about: Say you have a room with a person holding a remote controlled bomb. Now in another room, far enough away to where the outcome cannot be observed, you have a table with a big button on it. Pressing it has a 50/50 chance of setting off the bomb. Now, would you be guilty of a crime if you pushed the button? In the US I believe the answer is yes, no matter if the bomb went off or not. Now for the kicker. In a sting op there is no person and there is no bomb, yet you are still guilty of pushing the button you believed could do something.

This is thought crime.
In the U.S. it shows intent. When a person (usually a man) shows intent to meet a minor for sexual intercourse based on chat logs, that is enough to be arrested and charged with a crime regardless of if the person on the other end was truly a minor or just one posing as a minor.
__________________
"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are Stupid. "

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline  
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 10, 2020, 08:32 PM   #4
Lazy8s
One day at a time
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: United States Over here now
Posts: 28,392
Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
In the U.S. it shows intent. When a person (usually a man) shows intent to meet a minor for sexual intercourse based on chat logs, that is enough to be arrested and charged with a crime regardless of if the person on the other end was truly a minor or just one posing as a minor.
Yep.

Side note - I know a few LEOs that would love to have the opportunity to have this guy resist arrest.
__________________
Quote:
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." Jackie Robinson
Lazy8s is offline  
Old Feb 10, 2020, 08:34 PM   #5
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: United States Caketown
Posts: 18,912
SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards


Default

Honestly I think they should just publicly announce that they're going to release him at midnight at a local garbage dump... which coincidentally will be at the same time that all the police will be attending another event on the other side of town. Things have a way of working themselves out then.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory


NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline  
Old Feb 10, 2020, 08:46 PM   #6
Cyko
Rusty Pirate
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Manches Resident lunatic of Manchesville
Posts: 12,232
Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Honestly I think they should just publicly announce that they're going to release him at midnight at a local garbage dump... which coincidentally will be at the same time that all the police will be attending another event on the other side of town. Things have a way of working themselves out then.
Make sure to let the local biker gangs know too. They love pedos
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozziebloke
I mean, yeah, sure, there's benefits to a shaved asshole. But get a little sweaty and try and blow a fart. It just sits there like a bubble. No hair to break the seal. Feels weird.



Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |


Cyko is offline  
Old Feb 10, 2020, 10:35 PM   #7
DigitalDemon
Flaccid Flexor
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Niger Please
Posts: 5,777
DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
In the U.S. it shows intent. When a person (usually a man) shows intent to meet a minor for sexual intercourse based on chat logs, that is enough to be arrested and charged with a crime regardless of if the person on the other end was truly a minor or just one posing as a minor.
Intention is a mental state, of what a person has committed to do or perform, though the phsyical act may never be completed. Law enforcement is also coercing criminal intent, by aiding and abetting, as well as complicity of allowing the events of intention to progress.

The problem is that pedophilia, whether we like it or not, is a mental abnormality, an error in the programming. These people are not monsters. They have an innate attraction to children. For them, this is normal, just like gay people have an innate attraction to the same sex. The difference is that our society has mostly accepted homosexuality as an allowable mental defect, as the repercussions and danger of gay people is it mostly just upsets religious people. Whereas pedophilia is considered an actual danger to children as they lack the mental capability to understand and deal with situations like this.

What I don't like is that while these two groups have the same underlying difference of mixed up ones and zeros somewhere in the brain, we will happily condemn, hunt down, and even desire to hang those who simply got the wrong set of ones and zeros. There are those who will say "but they can just not act on it". Tell yourself that you are not allowed to be attracted to your innate attractions and get back to me. Instead of using these ops to identify these people and get them help, we trap them and send them to jail. We effectively ruin their lives forever by marking them as sex offenders. We bait them on tv shows for our own goddamned entertainment.

If anyone is sick and disgusting, it's us.
DigitalDemon is offline  
Old Feb 10, 2020, 10:46 PM   #8
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canada Vancouver (Russian)
Posts: 19,105
bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDemon View Post

What I don't like is that while these two groups have the same underlying difference of mixed up ones and zeros somewhere in the brain
whether or not that's true, it's irrelevant. explaining behavior is a million times more complicated than "mixed up ones and zeroes".

Quote:
we will happily condemn, hunt down, and even desire to hang those who simply got the wrong set of ones and zeros.
I don't know about the "happily" part, but yes. As a (western) society, we've generally decided that one is destructive and needs to be stopped and one is not so. 2000 years ago maybe those would be reversed. it's totally normal. and ok.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Gays if I had boyfriends your mums wouldn’t have produced your sorry asses.
bob saget is offline  
Old Feb 10, 2020, 11:06 PM   #9
DigitalDemon
Flaccid Flexor
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Niger Please
Posts: 5,777
DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
it's totally normal. and ok.
And this is why we will never progress as a society, much less a species. We are content with being primitive selfish animals, choosing the destructive path to anything that we deem as non acceptable.

Funny enough, it's totally normal, and ok. Humans suck.
DigitalDemon is offline  
Old Feb 10, 2020, 11:16 PM   #10
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canada Vancouver (Russian)
Posts: 19,105
bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation


Default

I don't understand your point? In your opinion, would we be progressing if BOTH homosexuality and pedophilia were meet with reproach? None of them?

You can call every single behavior you don't agree with "ones and zeros blah blah" but if consenting adults want to be in a homosexual relationship, they can consent to it. An underage person cannot consent to a sexual relationship with someone older, not even begin to mention the teacher power dynamic.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Gays if I had boyfriends your mums wouldn’t have produced your sorry asses.
bob saget is offline  
Old Feb 10, 2020, 11:40 PM   #11
Cyko
Rusty Pirate
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Manches Resident lunatic of Manchesville
Posts: 12,232
Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDemon View Post
.For them, this is normal, just like gay people have an innate attraction to the same sex. The difference is that our society has mostly accepted homosexuality as an allowable mental defect, as the repercussions and danger of gay people is it mostly just upsets religious people.

What I don't like is that while these two groups have the same underlying difference of mixed up ones and zeros somewhere in the brain, we will happily condemn, hunt down, and even desire to hang those who simply got the wrong set of ones and zeros.
You just compared homosexuality/trans/bi/etc with pedophilia and said they are a result of a mental defect (or mixed up ones and zeroes).

The only one messed up is you. That is seriously offensive ****. Seek help and eff off.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozziebloke
I mean, yeah, sure, there's benefits to a shaved asshole. But get a little sweaty and try and blow a fart. It just sits there like a bubble. No hair to break the seal. Feels weird.



Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |


Cyko is offline  
Old Feb 10, 2020, 11:51 PM   #12
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 6,546
Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
I don't understand your point? In your opinion, would we be progressing if BOTH homosexuality and pedophilia were meet with reproach? None of them?

You can call every single behavior you don't agree with "ones and zeros blah blah" but if consenting adults want to be in a homosexual relationship, they can consent to it. An underage person cannot consent to a sexual relationship with someone older, not even begin to mention the teacher power dynamic.
No he just advocated for better treatment toward pedophiles, not using the same viewpoint/mindset that the religious groups use toward homosexuality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
You just compared homosexuality/trans/bi/etc with pedophilia and said they are a result of a mental defect (or mixed up ones and zeroes).

The only one messed up is you. That is seriously offensive ****. Seek help and eff off.
Let's call them mutants.
__________________
I guess it's the trend nowdays with games; either you are a hardcore PC GAME, or you live long enough to see yourself become a console port
Napoleonic is offline  
Old Feb 10, 2020, 11:55 PM   #13
DigitalDemon
Flaccid Flexor
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Niger Please
Posts: 5,777
DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
No he just advocated for better treatment toward pedophiles, not using the same viewpoint/mindset that the religious groups use toward homosexuality.
Thank you.

I want to be clear, I am not advocating for, nor approve of the actions of pedophilia.
DigitalDemon is offline  
Old Feb 11, 2020, 12:18 AM   #14
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canada Vancouver (Russian)
Posts: 19,105
bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
No he just advocated for better treatment toward pedophiles
that doesn't make a lot of sense tho. generally, people advocate for marginalized populations. those with fewer opportunities, etc. and i guess criminals have advocates for them, but teachers specifically are usually middle class, have some sort of college education (more and more are getting their masters), have a job that's fairly well protected, pension, benefits etc.

once it is discovered they are pedophiles, are you advocating for them not to lose their jobs? not to go to jail?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Gays if I had boyfriends your mums wouldn’t have produced your sorry asses.
bob saget is offline  
Old Feb 11, 2020, 01:17 AM   #15
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 6,546
Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post

once it is discovered they are pedophiles, are you advocating for them not to lose their jobs? not to go to jail?
I don't know the answer, losing their job is acceptable, however, treating them in the same class as common criminals isn't really fair, nor it solve the problem.

Sexual deviance is an oddity with too much complexity to ever be solved.
__________________
I guess it's the trend nowdays with games; either you are a hardcore PC GAME, or you live long enough to see yourself become a console port
Napoleonic is offline  
Old Feb 11, 2020, 01:19 AM   #16
DigitalDemon
Flaccid Flexor
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Niger Please
Posts: 5,777
DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards


Default

I am specifically advocating that they should be receiving mental help, not paraded on tv for our entertainment. It shouldn't matter their profession, education, or contribution to society. They are people and they need help.

I was trying to discuss in a civilized manner that pedophilia is a mental condition, yet as we can obviously see, is regarded as some demonized posession that should be purified by fire. I am also trying not to compare it directly to homosexuality, as the actions and impacts are completely different. It was supposed to be a discussion on the scientific perspective that like homosexuality, it is a non-standard mental abnormality. Maybe I should have compared it to something more relatable?

How about this: My 6 year old son has a form of autism. His condition, if left untreated, would have him be a physical danger to society. Does he deserve help? Or should he be locked away? How about ridiculed and hated like he is now at his school? Maybe we should just hang him so we don't have to worry about it, since it will keep everyone elses kids safe. Unfortunately that last statement is not sarcastic, as your fellow humans have reminded me of how horrible we truly are.

This topic makes me so angry, as these people have no help for managing a life long problem. Again, I do not condone their actions, but I feel sorry for them as they have been dealt an unsurmountable hand that I cannot comprehend.

I have the same feeling when I look in my son's eyes as I physically restrain him, realizing that I have no power, no solution, and without society's help, he has no future.

I have Aspergers. It's taken me an hour to write this. I haven't cried in 20 years. This has drained me so emotionally that I think I am done here.

Please be compassionate, not all of us are perfect.
DigitalDemon is offline  
Old Feb 11, 2020, 01:48 AM   #17
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canada Vancouver (Russian)
Posts: 19,105
bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation


Default

Thanks for taking the time. I’ll respond tomorrow. I think I got a sense of where your frustration is coming from.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Gays if I had boyfriends your mums wouldn’t have produced your sorry asses.
bob saget is offline  
Old Feb 11, 2020, 02:18 AM   #18
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 6,546
Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDemon View Post
I am specifically advocating that they should be receiving mental help, not paraded on tv for our entertainment. It shouldn't matter their profession, education, or contribution to society. They are people and they need help.

I was trying to discuss in a civilized manner that pedophilia is a mental condition, yet as we can obviously see, is regarded as some demonized posession that should be purified by fire. I am also trying not to compare it directly to homosexuality, as the actions and impacts are completely different. It was supposed to be a discussion on the scientific perspective that like homosexuality, it is a non-standard mental abnormality. Maybe I should have compared it to something more relatable?

How about this: My 6 year old son has a form of autism. His condition, if left untreated, would have him be a physical danger to society. Does he deserve help? Or should he be locked away? How about ridiculed and hated like he is now at his school? Maybe we should just hang him so we don't have to worry about it, since it will keep everyone elses kids safe. Unfortunately that last statement is not sarcastic, as your fellow humans have reminded me of how horrible we truly are.

This topic makes me so angry, as these people have no help for managing a life long problem. Again, I do not condone their actions, but I feel sorry for them as they have been dealt an unsurmountable hand that I cannot comprehend.

I have the same feeling when I look in my son's eyes as I physically restrain him, realizing that I have no power, no solution, and without society's help, he has no future.

I have Aspergers. It's taken me an hour to write this. I haven't cried in 20 years. This has drained me so emotionally that I think I am done here.

Please be compassionate, not all of us are perfect.
There's nothing wrong with comparing pedophilia to homosexuality, if people get offended and called you out for it, they won't get my sympathy.

As for all the whole "help", "mental condition" etc, this where I kind of disagree with your perspective, but at the same time I also maintained my statement before that this kind of thing may never be solved. If we need to help pedophiles then we should also help homosexuals, but of course someone would get offended with what I just typed, hence : no solution.

Just try to miminize the danger for the children without dehumanizing the pedophiles.
__________________
I guess it's the trend nowdays with games; either you are a hardcore PC GAME, or you live long enough to see yourself become a console port
Napoleonic is offline  
Old Feb 11, 2020, 03:45 AM   #19
Ub3r_n00b
Unwashed peasant
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada In a VAN down by the RIVER
Posts: 1,229
Ub3r_n00b can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyUb3r_n00b can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty


Default

Personally I believe pedophilia has to be as demonized as it is in order to minimize its occurrence.

The understanding that children are under-developed, unable to make informed decisions, easily manipulated and defenseless should be innate to everyone regardless of sexual preference. And if that for some reason that understanding isn't innate to someone, the repercussions for exploiting them should be very clear.

In either case demonizing it as harshly as we do forces pedophiles to voluntarily seek help, be deterred from acting on their impulses or else understand that there are consequences for their actions. Its not that I don't have sympathy for their situation, I just have far more sympathy for the children they are seeking to exploit. They are victims and like any other crime with a victim, we as a society have to denounce it and try to prevent it.

There is no easy or catch-all solution, and a more passive/understanding approach (imo anyway) would lead to the idea that it is more acceptable and thus more occurrences. In relation to your sons situation, he has you to intervene and get him on the right path. Society has the same role as you, but unless the pedophiles seek help for themselves, there is no way to proactively intervene until they try to act on their inclination.
__________________
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could eventually produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true."
- Robert Wilensky
Ub3r_n00b is offline  
Old Feb 11, 2020, 04:53 AM   #20
Lazy8s
One day at a time
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: United States Over here now
Posts: 28,392
Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDemon View Post
I am specifically advocating that they should be receiving mental help, not paraded on tv for our entertainment. It shouldn't matter their profession, education, or contribution to society. They are people and they need help.

I was trying to discuss in a civilized manner that pedophilia is a mental condition, yet as we can obviously see, is regarded as some demonized posession that should be purified by fire. I am also trying not to compare it directly to homosexuality, as the actions and impacts are completely different. It was supposed to be a discussion on the scientific perspective that like homosexuality, it is a non-standard mental abnormality. Maybe I should have compared it to something more relatable?

How about this: My 6 year old son has a form of autism. His condition, if left untreated, would have him be a physical danger to society. Does he deserve help? Or should he be locked away? How about ridiculed and hated like he is now at his school? Maybe we should just hang him so we don't have to worry about it, since it will keep everyone elses kids safe. Unfortunately that last statement is not sarcastic, as your fellow humans have reminded me of how horrible we truly are.

This topic makes me so angry, as these people have no help for managing a life long problem. Again, I do not condone their actions, but I feel sorry for them as they have been dealt an unsurmountable hand that I cannot comprehend.

I have the same feeling when I look in my son's eyes as I physically restrain him, realizing that I have no power, no solution, and without society's help, he has no future.

I have Aspergers. It's taken me an hour to write this. I haven't cried in 20 years. This has drained me so emotionally that I think I am done here.

Please be compassionate, not all of us are perfect.
Some people would say we are the sum of the hand we've been dealt plus life's experiences. I think there's something to that.

Some believe we can choose to rise above that, to make better decisions and I believe some of us can, even though it may involve much pain and consequence.

In light of what you've shared, I won't spell out my experience that defined why I feel the way I do about pedophiles. I'll simply say envision the worst possible scenario imaginable, and you'll understand.

I do not believe everyone can be helped, reformed. Maybe some individual cases...but a blanket fix...I don't think so.


Regarding you, your son...I sincerely hope for nothing but peace, and the very best possible outcomes for the both of you.
__________________
Quote:
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." Jackie Robinson

Last edited by Lazy8s : Feb 11, 2020 at 04:54 AM. Reason: spelling
Lazy8s is offline  
Old Feb 11, 2020, 08:37 AM   #21
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: United States Big Sky Country
Posts: 25,391
Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation


Default

I think I understand what DigitalDemon is trying to get at. But IMO, it's not so much about mental illness as it is about societal norms. Not very long ago, western society persecuted and executed homosexuals, saying they were deviants. This is still happening in some countries. The point is, society determines what kinds of behaviors are acceptable and which ones aren't. In the Roman empire, certain forms of pedophilia were accepted. The very thought repulses me because of how I was raised and taught. I also have very strong spiritual beliefs, but I won't go into those here.

I do believe that sexual orientation/preferences are largely wired in the brain from birth. Society dictates whether acting on those attractions is acceptable or not. There's also the matter of impulse control, which is part of our wiring and upbringing. We try to teach our kids to control their actions, not their thoughts (which is much harder), because actions have consequences in the real world. Sadly, the older people get, the more hard-wired their attractions and impulse control become. At a certain point, some people are simply beyond help and need to be removed from society. IMO pedophiles who act on those impulses are in that category. Should they receive mental help? Perhaps if they haven't acted upon their attraction, there's hope. Once they do, rehabilitation becomes much more difficult, and the damage they've caused can be immeasurable, so they need to be removed.

Last edited by Munkus : Feb 11, 2020 at 08:47 AM.
Munkus is offline  
Old Feb 11, 2020, 09:03 AM   #22
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Canada New Ukraine
Posts: 9,454
Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh


Default

__________________
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS14, EVGA FTW3 2080Ti Sixtuple SLI, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline  
Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:31 AM   #23
curio
𐐒ananaD
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Manches Pimp maestro de Manchesville
Posts: 48,842
curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road


Default

I think this has gone far enough
__________________
Love take me down to the streets - Wings
curio is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Predatory sisters abusing boy for years spared jail because they're deaf Adanu Off Topic Lounge 20 Aug 24, 2016 05:42 AM
Girl dressed up as Boston marathon victim Zero Off Topic Lounge 52 Nov 4, 2013 03:47 PM
Rape Victim to be spared from Jail wabbitslayer Off Topic Lounge 155 Jul 27, 2012 11:36 AM
Porn fire passenger spared jail Doozer Off Topic Lounge 6 Sep 21, 2004 11:38 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright ©1998-2011 Rage3D.com
Links monetized by VigLink