Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 19, 2019, 09:49 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Default Terminator Resistance | Announcement Trailer

"Terminator: Resistance is an officially licensed, first-person shooter set during the ‘Future War’ scenario that was only glimpsed at in the iconic films from James Cameron, ‘THE TERMINATOR’ and ‘T2: JUDGEMENT DAY’.

This story takes place in a post-apocalyptic Los Angeles, nearly 30 years after Judgement Day, and stars a brand new hero in the Terminator universe, Jacob Rivers, a soldier in the Resistance led by John Connor. Despite the fact that Jacob is just a lowly private, he’ll soon discover that he’s been specifically targeted by the latest threat from Skynet and marked for termination!"

FPS Terminator game? I'm in on 12/3!

yoz

Last edited by acroig : Sep 19, 2019 at 09:55 PM.
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2019, 09:52 PM   #2
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

I'm going to be the first to say that this looks like a horrible game. I'll replay FC3 Blood Dragon before playing this.

Also it's not for PC (according to the trailer).
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2019, 09:55 PM   #3
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
I'm going to be the first to say that this looks like a horrible game. I'll replay FC3 Blood Dragon before playing this.

Also it's not for PC (according to the trailer).
https://www.terminatorvideogame.com/

yoz
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 19, 2019, 09:56 PM   #4
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Hey - the trailer you posted only said Xbox and PS4 at the end. I can only process the information you feed me.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 09:56 PM   #5
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Hey - the trailer you posted only said Xbox and PS4 at the end. I can only process the information you feed me.
Just shut your whore mouth already!

yoz
Old Sep 19, 2019, 09:58 PM   #6
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Just shut your whore mouth already!
Usually causes injuries, but if that's what you want to pay for...
Old Sep 19, 2019, 09:59 PM   #7
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Usually causes injuries, but if that's what you want to pay for...

BOT, it's been a long time since I've played a Terminator game and trailer looks purdy.

yoz
Old Sep 19, 2019, 10:04 PM   #8
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Quote:

BOT, it's been a long time since I've played a Terminator game and trailer looks purdy.
You're talking to a guy who bought the horrible iteration of the Terminator game on Sega CD for $59.99 when he was making $4/hr and didn't return it because he liked that it included real footage from the movie (at 160 x 90, 12 FPS, 54 max simultaneous colors) and had good original music from Tommy Tollarico.

The trailer makes the game look horrible to me. Not falling into that trap again. Will let you guys be the guinea pigs.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 11:31 PM   #9
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

These guys made Heavy Fire: Afghanistan and Rambo The Video Game: Baker Team

Both on rails shooters. You don't move, you only aim the reticle and shoot. I think you can take cover though.
Hopefully in this Terminator game you can move around.

Old Sep 19, 2019, 11:36 PM   #10
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

This game is going to be epic

Failure.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2019, 11:45 PM   #11
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Even Epic store wouldn't offer them an exclusivity deal.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 12:14 AM   #12
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
Hopefully in this Terminator game you can move around.
Unless the trailer is totally misleading you see the character walking around.

yoz
Old Sep 20, 2019, 12:16 AM   #13
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Quote:
Unless the trailer is totally misleading you see the character walking around.
Hopefully
Old Sep 20, 2019, 12:22 AM   #14
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Looks promising, but I’ve been burned by trailers before. *cough*Colonial Marines*cough*
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2019, 12:29 AM   #15
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
I'm going to be the first to say that this looks like a horrible game.
im trying to pin point why. a lot of bad textures i think? a lot of darker areas, and frantic so you don't really know wtf is going on.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2019, 02:42 AM   #16
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I have come from the future to terminate this game as it corrupts after November 15th and sends the hopeful kiddies into a downwards spiral and the world to an end.

Looks terrible, the gameplay (if thats what it is) looked on the rails with a forced cover system possibly. With being just over a month away and not real gameplay or previews I think says it all..... ..... ..... ___________
Old Sep 20, 2019, 03:49 AM   #17
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Looks promising, but I’ve been burned by trailers before. *cough*Colonial Marines*cough*
Exactly this.

I rather wait for game play..
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2019, 11:46 AM   #18
Fleksta
Radeon R700

Fleksta is still being judged by the masses

The last Terminator game I can remember playing was a stand up arcade unit at the local roller skating rink. It was one of those side scrolling light gun games...so many quarters lost
Fleksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2019, 12:01 PM   #19
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Game reminded me of all those epic bad movie tie in games of the 90's that Blood Dragon made fun of so well and had Mike Bean to boot!!

All hail the cyber dragon baby!!
Old Sep 20, 2019, 12:04 PM   #20
alitayyab
EGS is the future

alitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird sings

The only terminator I have played is Terminator: Future shock; it was decently good albeit with some wonky controls (that may be due to my under-powered 386DX).

This one should be a good $5 or lower buy.
Ali#1317
ali_tayyab
Game Endings
Core i7-9700K @5.0GHz + Noctua NH-D15S || Asus Z390-H || 16 GB RAM || Zotac GTX 1080Ti Amp Extreme Core Ed || Antec HCP-1000 PSU || Corsair AIR 540
Core i5-6700K || AsRock H110M-itx || 16 GB RAM || Integrated Audio/Video || Corsair CX430 || Cooler Master Elite 120
alitayyab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2019, 12:31 PM   #21
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The last Terminator game I played and liked despite being heavily flawed was that multiplayer one a bit like battlefield.

However this team made Rambo, and that game ****ing sucked.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2019, 05:26 PM   #22
acroig
Master Troll

Let's hope it's at least mediocre. Not buying on rails shooter.

yoz
Old Sep 20, 2019, 06:42 PM   #23
Falck
Radeon R420

Falck is still being judged by the masses

Last Terminator game I played was Dawn of fate on PS2. Long to since I've played that, but I remember that it was a good game.

It's probably 15+ years ago though, but I remember it fondly. Would like to be able to replay it again!

This one says that you're able to explore, so hopefully that's a tell that's it not a rail-shooter. But I agree, the textures looks bland and generic with little depth.
Falck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2019, 07:02 PM   #24
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

From the official website:

Key Features:
  • Resist the machines! Fight against a selection of iconic enemies from the films, including the T-800, as well as a host of enemies that are brand new to the Terminator universe.
  • Equip an arsenal of plasma weaponry to run and gun or sneak and hack through sprawling environments! The world isn’t as forgiving as it used to be so you’ll need to search for scraps to trade and craft.
  • Choose the kind of hero you want to be by levelling up your skills while exploring post-Apocalyptic Los Angeles. Complete story missions to rise through the ranks of the Resistance as well as side-quests to help your friends.
  • Change the fate of mankind! Protect a motley crew of survivors, each with their own motivations and backstories. The actions you take throughout the game will impact their survival and change the ending you get.

Almost sounds like Far Cry and even Deus Ex, though I doubt it'll have even half the depth of the latter
Old Sep 20, 2019, 07:43 PM   #25
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleksta View Post
The last Terminator game I can remember playing was a stand up arcade unit at the local roller skating rink.
The last arcade game i remember playing was at a mall. It was called after burner... and then my day got weird.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2019, 08:30 PM   #26
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The trailer doesn't make it look too bad. But I don't think there is any sequence longer than like 2 seconds. Track record is usually a good indication of quality, but we've seen devs get better with age (e.g. Greedfall devs)
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2019, 11:53 PM   #27
ugly
Radeon R520

ugly is still being judged by the masses

When I watch the trailer all I can think is, "Is that the best dialogue and voicework they could find in the game?"
ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2019, 10:34 PM   #28
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Shut up and take my money!!!!!
Old Sep 22, 2019, 10:40 PM   #29
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

You're a horrible person, NIGELG.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 12:55 PM   #30
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
You're a horrible person, NIGELG.
Why?

I'm just a Terminator fan...well the first two movies anyway.