Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 12, 2019, 05:17 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default The Halo Master Chief collection is coming to PC.

Quote:
Halo: The Master Chief Collection will soon include Halo: Reach and be available on the Windows store and Steam, Microsoft announced today during its Inside Xbox livestream.

Rather than make every game in the collection available all at once on PC, Microsoft said the collection will roll out one game at a time, starting with Halo: Reach and going in chronological order from there. Microsoft is pitching this incremental approach as a way to make the games available sooner rather than waiting until the entire collection is ready. The games will run at 60fps and support 4K.

At launch, the game consisted of Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4. In 2015 343 Industries added Halo 3: ODST to the collection. The addition of Halo: Reach means it will soon contain every Halo shooter except for Halo 5, and that every game in the series will be available on Xbox Game Pass.
https://kotaku.com/the-master-chief-...alo-1833244157

No EGS, no buy.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2019, 05:21 PM   #2
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

That's neat. I've played Halo 1 to 3. Got halfway through ODST and accidentally restarted (???). I would like to play the rest of the series at one point.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2019, 05:27 PM   #3
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Will buy.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 12, 2019, 05:35 PM   #4
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I am so ready for this, and I am so relieved that Microsoft is bringing it to Steam as well. Funny they're not dealing with the Epic Store at the moment, considering their long-standing relationship with Epic through Gears of War.

I have always loved Bungie's Halo games, and have waited a long time for MS to finally bring them over to PC.

Important note: it'll be a staged release for the Halo games on PC. Reach first, then H1, then 2, then 3, then ODST, then H4.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 10:43 PM   #5
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I don’t think I can play Halo games again.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2019, 10:57 PM   #6
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

I have dreamt of this for years! The original Halo PC port was my guilty pleasure. Some of the level design was terribly repetitive, but I loved the guns, grenades, and melee combat.

I bet that Halo 5 will follow at some point.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:04 AM   #7
zizbuka
Judgemental Old Guy

zizbuka is still being judged by the masses

I still have discs for the first 2 on PC. I never understood the love, there are many much better options on PC.

If the whole collection (when they finally package them) is cheap enough I'll consider it, but not at all excited.
zizbuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:08 AM   #8
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

I have both discs for one and two as well.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:38 AM   #9
Taman Linkin
Rage3D Veteran

Taman Linkin is still being judged by the masses

Nice. reach is awesome imo.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 06:03 AM   #10
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2019, 09:56 AM   #11
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

They were good console fps games, especially for their time. But on PC they are terribly average games, IMO.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:59 PM   #12
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post
This because I have had this on my Xbox One X for ages!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:59 PM   #13
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Will buy.
+1
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:17 AM   #14
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

I played a bit of Halo 1 windows version, and I thought it was a bit janky with the mouse & keyboard controls. Weird framerate stuff, limited mouselook speed, and still the difficulty was laughable.

I hope they really tune the games to work well with mouse&keyboard controls. Otherwise I'm pretty happy just playing them on my xbone.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2019, 02:25 PM   #15
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
I played a bit of Halo 1 windows version, and I thought it was a bit janky with the mouse & keyboard controls. Weird framerate stuff, limited mouselook speed, and still the difficulty was laughable.

I hope they really tune the games to work well with mouse&keyboard controls. Otherwise I'm pretty happy just playing them on my xbone.
Played Halo 5 with a mouse&keyboard and it played as you would expect an FPS to play.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2019, 02:40 AM   #16
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Halo? Janky? Wtf did you play?
Old Mar 16, 2019, 06:12 AM   #17
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Halo? Janky? Wtf did you play?
Halo 1 for PC was janky. You could play at 60 frames per second, but the animations for the original Halo were all at 30fps. So you'd have a smooth framerate, but the animations would sometimes feel awkward. Besides that, the narrow field of view was (more so at the time) a big change from PC shooters.

Halo 1's difficulty though, that issue I never saw. Heroic is good, showing off the AI in combat; Legendary is difficult, putting the odds forever in their favor. By the time you can handle yourself easily on Legendary, you will have earned it.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:06 AM   #18
warmonger180
Zionist

warmonger180 once held a door open for a complete strangerwarmonger180 once held a door open for a complete strangerwarmonger180 once held a door open for a complete stranger

so, just how dumbed down will it be?

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Franklin

Corsair Vengeance M70; ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z; FX 8350; Asus RX580 OC; Samsung SyncMaster 2243SWX; Corsair AX860i psu; 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3; Corsair M4 SSD 128GB, WD 1TB; x18 DVR212D; 10
warmonger180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2019, 04:02 PM   #19
twonha
Yods be silent!

December 3, on Steam (and MS Store), hooray!
Old Nov 14, 2019, 04:09 PM   #20
Evileh

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
December 3, on Steam (and MS Store), hooray!
Just reach but yay!! Game Pass double yay!
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Old Nov 14, 2019, 06:07 PM   #21
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Master Chef cooking hot stuff
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2019, 06:16 PM   #22
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Halo 1 for PC was janky. You could play at 60 frames per second, but the animations for the original Halo were all at 30fps. So you'd have a smooth framerate, but the animations would sometimes feel awkward. Besides that, the narrow field of view was (more so at the time) a big change from PC shooters.

Halo 1's difficulty though, that issue I never saw. Heroic is good, showing off the AI in combat; Legendary is difficult, putting the odds forever in their favor. By the time you can handle yourself easily on Legendary, you will have earned it.
I had many hours of fun with Halo 1 for the PC (which included multiple successful Legendary campaigns), and these are my thoughts as well. The animations actually had a certain charm for some reason. I never noticed the narrow FOV, though.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2019, 11:29 PM   #23
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Just reach but yay!! Game Pass double yay!
This game pass is tight.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 08:44 AM   #24
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I only want Halo 3 and those that came after Halo 3.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 09:07 AM   #25
Evileh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
This game pass is tight.
Unlike ya momma at the county fair while standing in line for the goat petting booth.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
Old Nov 24, 2019, 09:15 AM   #26
twonha
Yods be silent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGELG View Post
I only want Halo 3 and those that came after Halo 3.
Good thing they're starting with Reach then.

Next up are Halo 1 and Halo 2 though, but both in upgraded form, so that should be neat.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 09:28 AM   #27
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:

Next up are Halo 1 and Halo 2 though, but both in upgraded form, so that should be neat.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 09:32 AM   #28
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I played Halo Reach on steam recently, never played it on the xbox before (only played 1-3), so not a newbie to the series.

But, didn't really enjoy it that much. Felt too dated for me to enjoy it properly. I can play retro games from 35 years ago, but for some reason this one felt... meh.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2019, 09:45 AM   #29
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
I played Halo Reach on steam recently, never played it on the xbox before (only played 1-3), so not a newbie to the series.

But, didn't really enjoy it that much. Felt too dated for me to enjoy it properly. I can play retro games from 35 years ago, but for some reason this one felt... meh.
Reach is really the only one that didn't do anything for me. The first and 4th are my favorites. They just never got old. I can't say that for a large number of games.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 01:08 PM   #30
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:

Halo 1 remaster is okay, but Halo 2 remaster is AMAZING. I really enjoyed the second one, and the remaster adds alot on top of the original.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro