Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 5, 2019, 12:53 AM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNforcer View Post
It's coming to Steam in December. Wait an extra month.
My plan!
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2019, 02:53 AM   #152
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Kinda want the 2 free games on Rockstar launcher, so will get it there.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2019, 09:22 AM   #153
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Wondering if I should wait for Steam or just grab it on day one. Game gonna be dope.
Did you play this already?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 5, 2019, 09:30 AM   #154
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Did you play this already?
Yes played and finished.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2019, 07:18 PM   #155
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Want to know the best part about this release?

I just sold my house on Tuesday. I have until the 19th December to move out. I haven’t found any new property to purchase. I’ll be moving in with either the in-laws or sister in-law for a few months me thinks so I’ll probably purchase this and have it sit in my steam library for some time as there is no room for a PC setup

Old Oct 5, 2019, 08:30 PM   #156
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

That sweet house money though

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2019, 01:53 AM   #157
globalist
Rage3D Veteran

globalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyglobalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Want to know the best part about this release?

I just sold my house on Tuesday. I have until the 19th December to move out. I haven’t found any new property to purchase. I’ll be moving in with either the in-laws or sister in-law for a few months me thinks so I’ll probably purchase this and have it sit in my steam library for some time as there is no room for a PC setup
You best purchase it day one lest R* run out of copies.
globalist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2019, 04:28 AM   #158
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Got this on the PS4 , and i just can't get into it

It's like it's TOO polished for me maybe ? And a little slow paced.

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2019, 07:13 AM   #159
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Amazing game with incredible draw distance. I mean you can see animals and people walking around like miles away.

I only played about 1/8th if that of RDR1, so you really don't need to play that to play this one as it's entirely a prequel. Also want to try Online as I imagine it's much better to play on the PC.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2019, 08:39 AM   #160
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Definitely a day one purchase if you have never touched a RDR game. RDR2 is a masterpiece. It will probably be your game of the year. I dont want to support R*s launcher but RDR2 is that *** good to double dip and prove to them that it is worth their time to bring it to the PC. Maybe for their next games we can get day 1 releases on PC alongside console releases.
Never gunna happen Rockstar want people to double dip for the same game, and it works every time. Hell GTA5 had tripple dippers, those moving from PS3 to xbox/ps4, and then console to PC.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2019, 06:52 PM   #161
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

If this is purchased via Steam, wouldn't it start up Rockstars launcher as it does with GTA V?

I assume the only difference would be that you'd be unlock Steam achievements and using Steams T & C's
Old Oct 6, 2019, 10:20 PM   #162
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

The way I understand it is that all Rockstar games will initiate their launcher regardless of where you buy/bought it.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2019, 10:32 PM   #163
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Word. So I am getting it on the launcher coz ain’t nobody got a month extra to run benchmarks.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2019, 05:15 PM   #164
Spencer
CA Driftwood

Spencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete stranger

Looks like you can run single player mode without an internet connection for most of the time like with GTA 5. I say most of the time meaning occasionally GTA 5 makes you or at least some players login to keep playing single player. And then a reasonably short time after the login you can play SP without the net. So I figure (guessing) it'll be about the same for RDR2.

And anyway maybe there are settings/workarounds where you can avoid those periodic logins. And of course you have the mandatory net connection for the first setup of the game.

I hope I covered enough so I don't get yelled at for any of this post. To summarize: I'm guessing it will be like GTA 5, a great majority of the time you won't need the net for single player. But once in a while you may have to be logged in for a very short period of time to play single player. And after that login you can stay off the net while enjoying single player for a long time until the next periodic login is required unless you've found a workaround. Hot damn my summary is just about as long as my long version. Well that's me, wordy.

Edit - and all this is assuming Rockstar launcher needs the net to start up most of the time for general launcher updates. It may be that after you fire up the Rockstar launcher you can disconnect from the net and then start the game in single player. Ok maybe someone knows if that's the case, I haven't used the Rockstar launcher in years. As an example or analogy I prefer to start Steam with a net connection because of the frequent updates for the launcher itself. Then I disconnect from the net and start Witcher 3 (which is single player) and play it for hours.

Last edited by Spencer : Oct 7, 2019 at 05:44 PM.
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2019, 06:47 PM   #165
Megaman
Packing heat!

For what they are worth!

Minimum System Requirements

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3 GHz or AMD FX-6300 3.5 GHz
RAM: 8 GB System Memory
GPU RAM: 2 GB Video Memory
GPU: GeForce GTX 770 2GB or Radeon R9 280 3GB
HDD: 150 GB Available Hard Drive Space
DX: DirectX 11

Recommended System Requirements

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5 GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1500X 3.5 GHz
RAM: 12 GB System Memory
GPU RAM: 4 GB Video Memory
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB or AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB
HDD: 150 GB Available Hard Drive Space
DX: DirectX 11
Old Oct 9, 2019, 07:17 PM   #166
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Aint worth ****

Recommended 1060

Old Oct 9, 2019, 07:30 PM   #167
Megaman
Packing heat!

R* says improvements for PC are going to include:

Better draw distances
Higher quality global illumination and ambient occlusion that should help day and night scenes look better
Snow trails that are higher quality
Higher resolution shadows
Better-looking reflections
Tessellated tree textures
new grass and fur textures for every plant and animal in the game
Support for better frame rates and 4K (and beyond) and HDR
Multi-monitor support and widescreen options

New content being added to the PC version for the Story mode. These include:

New bounty hunter missions
More gang hideouts
New treasure maps
More weapons
New horses
More collectibles
New mission "To the Ends of the Earth"

Haven't played this on console so can't say how excited we should be for it. I expect it will be awesome.

More time spent achieving 100% completion on a title like this is always a plus.

Last edited by Megaman : Oct 9, 2019 at 07:37 PM.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2019, 07:37 PM   #168
logical
What is my purpose?

Anything new is always a plus, but looking at the official list of stuff its just busy work at best. The game itself as is, is a masterpiece and with the added visuals and solid framerate it makes the game a must buy for anyone who has a PC that can run it. Hands down the worst thing with RDR2 was it running at 30 and a lot of times sub 30 frames. The game is so good that you can get immersed and most of the time forget that its a blurry smeary mess, but given the choice to run it on the PC its a no brainer.

Old Oct 9, 2019, 07:39 PM   #169
Megaman
Packing heat!

So what you are saying is that I should get my ass into gear and find me a new house before my settlement date arrives....even if it means a 1 bedroom apartment???

Old Oct 9, 2019, 07:45 PM   #170
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
So what you are saying is that I should get my ass into gear and find me a new house before my settlement date arrives....even if it means a 1 bedroom apartment???

Nope, what I am saying is find a good comfortable place first and when you have time to play something make RDR2 on PC the top of the priority list. You can shut down any other game for the next 2 months cause thats how long its going to take you to get through the game.

Old Oct 9, 2019, 07:47 PM   #171
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
Nope, what I am saying is find a good comfortable place first and when you have time to play something make RDR2 on PC the top of the priority list. You can shut down any other game for the next 2 months cause thats how long its going to take you to get through the game.
I'm down with that.

This game alone is the incentive for me to hurry up and purchase something. Never mind the family priorities

BTW you need 150GB HDD storage space for this.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 01:37 AM   #172
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

I'm not sure how the graphical integrity can be improved upon, even on pc? Certainly the draw distances are already insane

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2019, 07:09 AM   #173
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

I never cared for the first RDR much. Too slow. Only 1 vehicle to drive. Very limited guns to use. Very limiting in many ways due to era theme.

I'll get this on a $5 sale 4 years from now if I'm bored, which won't be likely.

I'd rather spend $60 on Cyberpunk 2077.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 12:52 PM   #174
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I doubt my 1060 3GB can pull off much more graphical quality at a reasonable framerate, than the PS4 Pro can with which I finished the game. I really enjoyed Red Dead Redemption 2, but it's also a very frustrating game from a gameplay perspective. I don't think I'll double dip come December. Probably later though, when rose-tinted nostalgia beats the cynic in me.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 01:29 PM   #175
globalist
Rage3D Veteran

globalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyglobalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
but it's also a very frustrating game from a gameplay perspective.
Can you maybe elaborate on that? Thanks!
globalist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2019, 03:44 PM   #176
hazindu
I put the zin in Hadu!!!

hazindu is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalist View Post
I thought of the game as a queen off of creep simulator. You move like a slug, respond nearly a full second after pressing a button, and the game wants you to do a bunch of boring chores like go hunting and inject larva. Worst of all, the controls are a relic from the PS2 era complete with a run button you need to mash repeatedly. Hopefully the game will be mod friendly, because it needs a lot of fixing that Rockstar isn't going to do.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 03:51 PM   #177
logical
What is my purpose?

Movement just plays into the time. Everyone these days are so used to running around like super soldiers never getting tired. Take a step back and realize these characters in RDR are just normal dudes.

I think the game will actually be harder on PC using a mouse cause I assume they took a lot of the auto aim out.

Old Oct 10, 2019, 03:56 PM   #178
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalist View Post
See hazindu's post for one perspective on that: the interaction triangle between player / controller / character is indeed ruthlessly slow. That's something anyone who's played GTA4 will be familiar with in a sense. What I minded more, was something I noticed in GTA5 especially: if you deviate from the script in single player missions, you'll usually find a mission fail state rather than a pat on the back for getting creative.

Hitman is a fantastic game that allows the player a lot of freedom: you can do as you please, and the game can handle whatever you decide to do. GTA5 and RDR2 are the polar opposite in their mission structure: you must do as instructed, and the game refuses to acknowledge player choice. You want to set a character free after he pleads for his life? Mission failed, you had to arrest him. You want to run this route instead of that one? Mission failed. You left your buddy? Mission failed. Took too long? Mission failed. Snuck out of camp instead of blasting your way out? Mission failed. Hit a rock? Blinked with your eyes? Combed your hair the other way? Mission failed, failed, failed.

So long as you stick to Rockstar's tracks, RDR2 is a cumbersome, enjoyable, beautiful game. As soon as you want to get creative, RDR2 is cumbersome, frustrating and beautiful.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 04:05 PM   #179
logical
What is my purpose?

I find it weird that you go into RDR expecting Hitman style open ended missions. Hitman sells games because thats what they do and what they market. In fact if you just completed the main missions once the game is super short. You are intended to go back and experiment. In RDR its not billed that way because they have a narrative to tell. Its not as simple as Hitmans story where the only thing that matters is you killed the target. It doesnt matter how, what you did in between, and how you got out...only that the end result is that you completed the mission. All those little details actually matter in RDR where they do quite a bit of referencing what happened earlier in the game.

Youre really comparing apple to oranges in terms of game play.

Old Oct 11, 2019, 01:01 PM   #180
twonha
Yods be silent!

Quote:
I find it weird that you go into RDR expecting Hitman style open ended missions.
I did not say that that was my expectation. What I expect, is some leeway in terms of player agency, using Hitman as an ultimate example of how that can look. Rockstar's games are sold as open world games where the player is free to roam and set out his own adventure. That's largely true, except for the bulk of the missions, which are cinematically structured (Rockstar's strength) but also on-rails in terms of gameplay (Rockstar's weakness).

Quote:
Youre really comparing apple to oranges in terms of game play.
Exactly, because Rockstar has increasingly moved to linear, structured, restricted side of the range of player agency. I'm not saying they should've moved to completely non-linear, non-structured, unrestricted gameplay, but landing where they did, disappointed me to the point of frustration. I encountered issues like leaving friendly characters behind because I strayed too far, leaving mission territory because I tried to flank enemies, and failing a mission because I wanted to set a guy free who pleaded for his life. None of this (and many other times Rockstar says "Jump!" and the player doesn't even get to ask how high) is relevant to the game's brilliant storytelling, but it does restrict player agency greatly.