Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 8, 2018, 04:58 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Ancient76
Rage3D Veteran

Ancient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAncient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default Rune: Ragnarok

Hyyyyype!
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2018, 06:37 PM   #2
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Wow, I loved the old Rune!

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2018, 06:52 PM   #3
Argoon1981
Radeon Northern Islands

Argoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Is about time. Loved the first one, i know this one will not be anything like the first, is just different times different cultures but coming from Human Head Studios should be good none the less.
Creative SB Audigy 4
W10 64bits

My modeling portfolio
Argoon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 9, 2018, 02:45 AM   #4
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

wow, Rune, that's been a while, around 2000 if i recall right.

New one's looking great. Will keep an eye on that one for sure

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2018, 07:16 AM   #5
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I wonder what (specific) kind of game it'll be. I remember the first, because I loved it, but it was so long and repetitive I never finished it. I don't think it's aged well enough to give it another go. However, The Witcher 3's Skellige islands have given me a renewed interest in Norse mythology, so bring it on I say!
Old May 22, 2019, 04:40 PM   #6
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

The game is releasing in August 2019

Also it is an Epic Games store Exclusive.

If you pre-ordered through their website they are offering refunds if you don't like it being an EGS exclusive.

Alternatively, they are giving every pre-order, done before May 22nd, a second key for the standard version to do what ever you want with it. They also gave all the pre-orders a Steam key of Rune Classic.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2019, 08:01 PM   #7
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Send the spare key my way.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 03:25 AM   #8
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Release date to coincide with star citizen?

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2019, 07:47 AM   #9
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

SO they made another change to the pre-order, if you pre-ordered prior to May 22nd. You also get a Steam key in 2020 when the game releases on Steam at that time.

Quote:
• An Epic Games store key (1) with all of their pre-order incentives. (Summer 2019)
• BONUS! An Epic Games store key (1) with the standard edition of RUNE II (Summer 2019)
• NEW BONUS! A Steam key (1) with all of pre-order incentives (Estimated: Summer 2020) (3)
https://twitter.com/play_rune/status...84973256351744
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Old May 24, 2019, 08:07 AM   #10
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Incentives or not, I'm just hoping the actual game is any good. I'm not sure Human Head's track record is reason enough to have blind faith.
Old May 24, 2019, 08:42 AM   #11
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default Summer 2020

Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2019, 03:14 PM   #12
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

I believe this released today, anyone got it?
Cynicalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2019, 12:52 PM   #13
deadite_9
random and/or senseless

deadite_9 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydeadite_9 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Aaaaannnnnddddd Human Head is officially done. Didn't these guys get money from Epic?

:: HDTV
Samsung Q8FN (4K QLED, 65") :: A/V Onkyo TX-RZ830 ::
:: UHD
Sony UBP-X700 :: BD Oppo BDP-83 :: CD Onkyo DX-C390 ::
:: PHONO
Technics SL-1200MK2 :: GAME Xbox One X + PS4 Pro ::
:: FRONT
JBL SCS300SAT + FS1000 :: SW HSU Research STF-2 ::
:: CENTER
JBL EC35 (Black Ash) :: LFE HSU Research VTF-2 MK5 ::
:: SURROUND L/R
JBL SCS300SAT :: SW HSU Research STF-2 ::
:: SURR BACK L/R
JBL SCS300SAT :: SW HSU Research STF-1 ::

:: CPU
Core i7 7820X (4.5GHz) :: MB ASUS ROG Strix X299-E Gaming ::
:: BIOS
1704 :: AIO Corsair H115i PRO + (2x) Noctua NF-A14 chromax ::
:: DDR4
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3000MHz (15-17-17-35) ::
:: GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 Founders Edition :: LCD Acer Predator XB241H ::
:: AUDIO
ROG SupremeFX (S1220A) :: SPEAKERS Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 ::
:: OS
Windows 10 Pro x64 (1909) :: NVME Samsung 960 PRO M.2 (512GB) ::
:: SSD
(1x) Samsung 850 PRO (512GB) + (3x) 850 EVO (1TB/1TB/1TB) ::
:: INPUT
Logitech G413 Silver + G MX518 + Xbox One Controller (wireless) ::
:: PSU
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 + CableMod Pro series (black/white) ::
:: CASE
Corsair Carbide Air 540 (silver, DEMCiflex intake filters) ::
:: FANS
(2x) Noctua NF-P14s redux + (1x) NF-P14r redux ::
deadite_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2019, 02:36 PM   #14
zizbuka
Judgemental Old Guy

zizbuka is still being judged by the masses

I watched a gameplay video, doesn't look very good. Looks like one of those many indie survival games. If it's $10 someday maybe I'll bite.
zizbuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2019, 03:50 PM   #15
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite_9 View Post
Aaaaannnnnddddd Human Head is officially done. Didn't these guys get money from Epic?
Take epic money. Check

Release game that looks like it was made 10 years ago. Check.

Close up shop after releasing said game, and immediately create a new studio
owned by Bethesda. Check

I'm not sure who got shafted more here. The folks that pre-ordered or Epic. I'm going to guess Epic since people can return the game.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2019, 04:32 PM   #16
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Here is what has been said on the Rune II official discord

Quote:

RUNE II | Human Head Studios Closing

Yesterday, we successfully launched RUNE II onto the Epic Games Store and the game’s demand has exceeded our expectations. We’re very thankful that everyone wants to play our game. First and foremost - we love this game and we will continue to support RUNE II. James and I are still here to answer questions and provide the same great open communication and transparency that you’ve come to expect from us.

Today, developer Human Head Studios announced that they closed their doors and will be starting a new studio. This is shocking news to us, as there are several entities working on RUNE II - we found out about this news when you did. Human Head had a longstanding agreement with RUNE II’s publisher, Ragnarok Game, LLC, to provide ongoing support for the game. We are working quickly to resolve any current technical issues while we build the team that will execute the exciting planned future of RUNE II’s post-launch content strategy. We appreciate your patience and understanding while we work through any launch issues.

Our plan remains to continue working on RUNE II and launch onto other PC platforms in 2020. We’re excited to show you the future of RUNE II content. Stay tuned!

Thank you for playing.
-The RUNE II Team - Matt, Dan, Sam, Mitch, James, Sam II, Tracie, Dan 2, Sam III, Ekaterina, Lennon, Anthony, John, and Lobo
So sounds like the Publisher of the game was also blind sided by this news, but they are not abandoning the game.

Its going to be an interesting future, we will see what happens.

I bought the game when it went up for pre-order about 1.5 years ago on the official website, and after playing it for a while now, I don't regret buying it, it is still fun game to play.
Quote:
Old Dec 5, 2019, 12:38 PM   #17
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Rune 2 developer Human Head Studios is being sued by publisher Ragnarok after it abandoned the game one day after its release in order to join Bethesda.

Human Head, best known for the original 2006 version of Prey, launched its Viking-themed action-RPG Rune 2 as an Epic Games Store exclusive on 12th November. As such, it was something of a surprise when the developer announced it was closing its doors to be reborn as the Bethesda-owned Roundhouse Studios the very next day.

As you might imagine, those that purchased Rune 2 were somewhat nonplussed to discover there was no longer a studio to support the game a single day after launch. However, they evidently weren't as nonplussed as Rune 2's publisher, Ragnarok Game, which called Human Head's sudden closure to resurrect as Roundhouse "shocking news" in a message to customers, revealing it "found out about this news when you did".

Ragnarok explained that the now-defunct "Human Head had a longstanding agreement with [the publisher] to provide ongoing support for the game", but assured fans that it was "working quickly to resolve any current technical issues while we build the team that will execute the exciting planned future of Rune 2's post-launch content strategy".

Now, however, in a statement posted to the Rune 2 website, Ragnarok has claimed Human Head is yet to hand over the launch build source code and game assets for Rune 2, despite the publisher having "paid for the development of these assets and [being] the rightful owner".

As a result, it has opted to file a legal complaint against its former development partner. "This is not the step we wanted to take," the publisher wrote, "but it is necessary in order to fulfil our promises to our community."

A copy of those legal documents, which Ragnarok has shared with press, alleges that Human Head "secretly conspired to abandon Ragnarok and the Rune 2 community" and "fraudulently concealed its plans to join Bethesda". Ragnarok claims that, despite contractual obligations to support Rune 2 beyond its launch, Human Head told the publisher it would be shutting its doors and terminating all staff, five days before the game's release.

"When Raganarok [asked if it could] reach out to former Human Head employees, [COO Ben] Gokey said that 'would be a problem'", according to the lawsuit. "The problem Gokey knew (but didn't mention) was that those employees were or would soon be Bethesda employees."

Raganarok points out that Roundhouse Studios and Human Head have "the exact same business address" and the same "team of employees and principals" - something that Roundhouse's creative boss Chris Rhinehart previously confirmed to press, saying "Bethesda offered every employee of Human Head a position at the new company".

Additionally, Ragnarok alleges that development of Rune 2 was beset by "delays, errors, and mismanagement", resulting in the initially agreed 11 development milestones more than doubling to 23 in order to ready the game for launch.

Ragnarok claims that Human Head accepted approximately $3.5m USD in milestone payments, but "failed to perform its contractual obligation to deliver a bug-free, co-operative multiplayer, fully localised and tested game". It also says the developer is now deliberately withholding game code, and "refusing to transfer the property absent additional payments for work that had never been completed."

Perhaps strangest of all is Ragnarok's assertion that Human Head, at this point Roundhouse Studios, "not only continued to change the code, but even uploaded and attempted to launch an altered, unapproved Rune 2 build to the Epic Games Store Staging."

According to its lawsuit, Ragnarok is seeking compensatory damages of no less than $100 million USD, restitution of all money it paid to Human Head and its co-founders, punitive damages and legal fees, plus the return of its Rune 2 assets.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...bandoning-game
Yeah, the game is ****ed.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"

Last edited by xCLAVEx : Dec 5, 2019 at 12:45 PM.
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2019, 01:13 PM   #18
zizbuka
Judgemental Old Guy

zizbuka is still being judged by the masses

Coming soon to Epic's free game of the week........ Rune II
zizbuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2019, 10:41 PM   #19
t3hl33td4rg0n
env x='() { :;};

t3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled with

Gaming Computer: Core i7 3770k | MSI Z77 MPOWER | MSI 1080 Twin Frozr | Acer Predator X34 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 PC2100 | Antec DF-85 | Cooler Master Silent Gold Pro 800W | 512GB Samsung 860 EVO | 4TB WDC Black | 4TB HGST
Server: Core i5 4670 | MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX AC | eVGA GTX980 | 8GB G.SKILL DDR3 1866 | Lian-Li V2120X | Corsair RM750 750W | 500GB SSD | 4x 4TB WDC Red
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2019, 11:09 PM   #20
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Human Head sound like a bunch of ****heads.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2019, 11:33 PM   #21
t3hl33td4rg0n
env x='() { :;};

t3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Human Head sound like a bunch of ****heads.
Well, they did join up with Bethesda, so...
Gaming Computer: Core i7 3770k | MSI Z77 MPOWER | MSI 1080 Twin Frozr | Acer Predator X34 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 PC2100 | Antec DF-85 | Cooler Master Silent Gold Pro 800W | 512GB Samsung 860 EVO | 4TB WDC Black | 4TB HGST
Server: Core i5 4670 | MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX AC | eVGA GTX980 | 8GB G.SKILL DDR3 1866 | Lian-Li V2120X | Corsair RM750 750W | 500GB SSD | 4x 4TB WDC Red
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2019, 10:20 PM   #22
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

So this game any good? I hated the original Rune.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2019, 01:02 PM   #23
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
So this game any good? I hated the original Rune.

I still like it. But if you hated the first game, you'll hate this one too.
Quote: