Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 14, 2015, 06:20 AM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Ancient76
Rage3D Veteran

Ancient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAncient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
Looks like I'm the only one who don't give a crap about HL3.

There are more awesome games...
No, you aren't. Compared to many games HL series is average.

Problem with HL3 is Gabe Newell. This man just like Carmack is old school developer who created games with 15 people team.
Today you can't do this.

Last edited by Ancient76 : Jan 14, 2015 at 10:25 AM.
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2015, 11:00 AM   #152
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I still care about Half Life 3.
NIGELG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2015, 11:05 AM   #153
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient76 View Post
Nonsense. If a new Half-Life game was officially announced everyone would go apeshit with excitement and you know it.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 15, 2015, 11:43 AM   #154
AllexxisF1
I'm Back.

AllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I would be seriously surprised if we didn't hear anything about HL3 this year. If this years goes on without a peep about HL3, there will be some serious concerns.

Doesn't have to be much, just an acknowledgement that there is a project underway would be huge. For crying out loud its become a universal meme at this point.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2015, 12:20 PM   #155
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird sings

I recently played through whole series including fake factory and Black Mesa. I'm ready for HL3.
GSGRUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2015, 12:43 PM   #156
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
I would be seriously surprised if we didn't hear anything about HL3 this year. If this years goes on without a peep about HL3, there will be some serious concerns.

Doesn't have to be much, just an acknowledgement that there is a project underway would be huge. For crying out loud its become a universal meme at this point.
I'm putting $10 down, HL3 will be announced when steambox goes retail...

I know we have discussed this before till death..
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2015, 04:55 PM   #157
UFO
Who's your buddy?

UFO is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

Problem with HL3 is Gabe Newell. This man just like Carmack is old school developer who created games with 15 people team.
Today you can't do this.
If you look at the Half-Life 2 credits you can see it has involved a lot of people. Definitely more than 15 people.

However Gabe Newell might not be the person that wants a larger team to decide how to proceed which is just as bad. Similar to George Lucas that produced Episode 1-3 which turned out to be crap because he was unchallenged during the production. What I think needs to happen is Gabe Newell needs to let Half-Life go, and let other people proceed.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 04:56 PM   #158
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:

I know we have discussed this before till death..
would be interesting if they made HL3 a steambox exclusive.

Lets face it, when steam launched it was garbage and everyone hated it. HL2 & counter-strike are the only reasons Steam was ever to be successful. Valve fully leveraged their 800 pound gorillas to reshape the PC gaming space.

Perhaps Valve intends to do the same with steambox?

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2015, 05:39 PM   #159
Ancient76
Rage3D Veteran

Ancient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAncient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Nonsense. If a new Half-Life game was officially announced everyone would go apeshit with excitement and you know it.
Hype! Just like mediocre HL2 was hyped.

I would like to see Stalker 2 or Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines sequel.
Compared to these series HL is 3rd league.

Quote:
If you look at the Half-Life 2 credits you can see it has involved a lot of people. Definitely more than 15 people.

However Gabe Newell might not be the person that wants a larger team to decide how to proceed which is just as bad. Similar to George Lucas that produced Episode 1-3 which turned out to be crap because he was unchallenged during the production. What I think needs to happen is Gabe Newell needs to let Half-Life go, and let other people proceed.
Gabe Newell is a Dinosaur.
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2015, 06:03 PM   #160
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I'm wondering if Valve hasn't sort of fallen into a DNF trap with HL3. It's been so long that the expectations for the game will be sky high. Knowing that may make it so they keep going back and revamping it, and the game never gets done.

The thing is, Valve makes so much money from Steam that they aren't in danger of going out of business. DNF was only ever released because 3DR finally bit the dust, and someone else came in and finished it.

So, if HL3 has become another DNF it may literally never end up being completed. There's also a danger that if too many more years go by, everyone will have pretty much moved on and forgotten about Half Life.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2015, 06:21 PM   #161
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
I'm wondering if Valve hasn't sort of fallen into a DNF trap with HL3. It's been so long that the expectations for the game will be sky high. Knowing that may make it so they keep going back and revamping it, and the game never gets done.

The thing is, Valve makes so much money from Steam that they aren't in danger of going out of business. DNF was only ever released because 3DR finally bit the dust, and someone else came in and finished it.

So, if HL3 has become another DNF it may literally never end up being completed. There's also a danger that if too many more years go by, everyone will have pretty much moved on and forgotten about Half Life.
Valve isn't that good of a developer anyway. If they were half as good at development as they are digital marketing, HL2 wouldn't have been a buggy piece of garbage and HL3 would have been modded to heck and back by now.

There, I said it.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2015, 06:45 PM   #162
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Valve isn't that good of a developer anyway. If they were half as good at development as they are digital marketing, HL2 wouldn't have been a buggy piece of garbage and HL3 would have been modded to heck and back by now.

There, I said it.
I don't remember hl2 being a buggy mess at all.
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2015, 06:55 PM   #163
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
That game crashed on me more than any other, ever. Google "half life 2 sound loop crash" and you'll see a gazillion hits. I don't remember ever playing without a crash. I also built an entirely new PC during that time and it did the same on that one too.

Afaik valve never formally acknowledged the problem, yet ep1 and ep2 played smooth as a playboy bunnies bottom.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2015, 08:11 PM   #164
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
It was very crash heavy at the start, it got fixed very quickly over a large number of patches, but at the very start it was pretty unstable. Compared to V the Masquerade which was also source and it was very stable. Just buggy as hell
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2015, 08:25 PM   #165
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Hmm well I did play it 10 years ago and sometimes I have no idea what I did just a few days ago so maybe it was indeed buggy.
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2015, 08:43 PM   #166
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I played HL2 the first week of release and had no issues at all. I remember it even ran pretty well for me on my system at the time, which I believe had a GeForce 3.

Quote:
Hype! Just like mediocre HL2 was hyped.
Blah, I thought it was a brilliant game. The gravity gun was great fun.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2015, 08:44 PM   #167
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post

At this rate, a very considerable number of people who played HL2 will have died by the time HL3 releases. You know, if it ever releases, which I think it will, but you never know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2015, 09:43 PM   #168
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
There are a number of different steamboxes coming though, are you talking about the first one?

In any case, I will take that bet (seriously) and will paypal you $10 if you are right.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2015, 10:33 PM   #169
JohnnyFlash
Radeon R520

JohnnyFlash is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
There are a number of different steamboxes coming though, are you talking about the first one?

In any case, I will take that bet (seriously) and will paypal you $10 if you are right.
Probably means when SteamOS fully launches.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 05:37 AM   #170
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Forget HL 3 guys. GabeN got arrested.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2015, 06:26 PM   #171
CyanBlues
Radeon Northern Islands

CyanBlues can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCyanBlues can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCyanBlues can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
Forget HL 3 guys. GabeN got arrested.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 07:50 PM   #172
kboye
9700PRO RIP

kboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultykboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

</thread>
Old Jul 10, 2015, 11:19 AM   #173
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

No sir, there's still hope, if we can only get Gaben, a computer to program on in the slammer.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2015, 01:34 PM   #174
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

By the time the game comes out it will probably be another wave based co-op shooter, gotta get dem monetization hooks in.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2015, 08:47 PM   #175
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Don't forget the caps. You need caps.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2015, 03:17 AM   #176
Saggypoo
Fun Police

Saggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Saggypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2015, 10:46 AM   #177
eNforcer
Radeon Northern Islands

eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
The video makes sense, but it's still an anonymous source and possibly a rumor so I'm not going to put any second thoughts into what was said.
eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2015, 10:50 AM   #178
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNforcer View Post
The video makes sense, but it's still an anonymous source and possibly a rumor so I'm not going to put any second thoughts into what was said.
It makes perfect business sense, and therefore is almost entirely likely to be true. Why spend money to make money when you can rely on others to do it for you?
ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2015, 01:00 PM   #179
CoolNitro
Radeon Volcanic Islands

CoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete stranger

In all fairness harsh backlash from the ending of mass effect was on point the 3 original endings didn't keep in faith with the core values of the game which was that your choices matter and evolve over time into different outcomes, the endings only served to make every past action meaningless and seams kind of insane that it was the original intended story ending.

As for how that effects HL3, sure there could be some butt hurt over a bad story for HL3 but if any developer gets as stupid as BioWare when it comes to creating an ending regarding the ending to a franchise then well they deserve the backlash.
CoolNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2015, 01:18 PM   #180
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default :bleh:

Burn the angry youtubers of the world, clearly they are to blame for this new toxic gaming community.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote