Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 20, 2005, 04:33 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Pr()ZaC
Banned

Pr()ZaC is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber
Exclamation LotR:BfME - A glimpse of what patch 1.01 and 1.02 will fix

Straight from EA's community manager:
Quote:
Everyone should know by now that patch 1.01 will largely be a bug fixing patch.

It would be interesting to see a very simple positive or negative reaction to what I feel are the TOP ISSUES below. Please as always try and keep your comments constructive, to the point, and not running on in essays. I have a whole seperate list of issues which are growing stronger, but these ones below seem to be the most prominent right now.

-The memory leak
I have addressed this issue and it will see fixes in patch 1.01 and 1.02.

-Disconnection Policy
I have commented on this in many threads. Working towards an effective policy and will change according to community reaction.

-Overall NAT/firewall connection problems
Being addressed in patch 1.01 but more fleshed out in patch 1.02 and as needed

-Ability to disband combination formations
Understand this is a big complaint from fans to reviewers and I have addressed this to the dev team.

-Ability to epmty units from an occupied structure
Understand this is a big complaint from fans to reviewers and I have addressed this to the dev team.

-Gandalf is too strong but don't nerf him completely
It seems at least 3/4 of the community would like Gandalf's powers adjusted. The one-hit istari light killing a Nazgul, even more so, the Witch-king is the biggest complaint. I really like the idea of having Gandalf the White cost more points and possibly starting him at a lower level. This is a high concern issue.

-Overall A.I pathfinding needs tweaking
I know the reviewers and fans have complained about this, units being attacked and not reacting back, as well as attempting to enter a castle from the wrong end when sieging.

-Heroes
General feeling seems to be Boromir is too weak, Legolas is too cheap and too strong early on, Aragorn is unstoppable after level 7 when combining blade master and anduril, Eomer's spear ability is very weak, and Saruman should be more powerful and less expensive for his worth.

-Isengard Pikemen need tweaking
They own cavalry and are nearly impossible to beat when fully upgraded to forged blades and armor.

-Fire archers are overpowered
Especially against the Nazgul and Mumakil. There is concern than Elven Archers when fully powered up are an unbeatable force or at best, extremely powerful.

-Mordor feels too weak overall
Issues I see are that Nazgul are too expensive for their power and are owned by fire archers and Gandalf of course. Siege towers should not count against your command point limit. Orc archers should be cheaper. Mumakil are owned by fire archers too quickly.

[added Jan 19 2005 6:24PM]

In Reply To #214
I would also add:

-The Army of the Dead is too cheap compared to the Balrog
10 points to the AOD is a far cry from 20 to the Balrog and thus is a big issue. The community would like a more even balance here so that both players can get these super powers closer to the same time.
Funny bit for the nVidia drivers lovers:
Quote:
The Nvidia graphical card issues are a problem we are looking in to with Nvidia, and it will probably require you to simply download their latest drivers. When i get more information on this topic, i will let you know.
So, nV users will have to wait months for nVidia to release a bug fixing driver for a game that's part of the TWIMTBP saga
Pr()ZaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 04:47 PM   #2
schwartz
Team Zissou

schwartz is still being judged by the masses

Neato game and great use of the LOTR license and holy moses the soundtrack. I could never get into the hours upon hours of fighting the same battle and just respawning them guys over and over.... actually now that I think about that I think it must be the lack of any sort of strategy skills
schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 04:51 PM   #3
fLeM911
Veteran^7

fLeM911 is still being judged by the masses

lol oh man gandalf is gettin fixed... oh well it was inevitable. As Gondor you can take the entire map once you have all your powers (summoning elves and rohan and all that) and gandalf at level 10. Good call from EA.
WD 120gb 7200rpm ATA133
Sapphire X800 XT 256mb
SB Audigy2 ZS
Antec 350W True
Win XP SP1
fLeM911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 20, 2005, 04:53 PM   #4
Trip
Radeon R520

Trip is still being judged by the masses

That looks good to me. I just hope the dev team decides to fix those balancing issues as well has the bugs.
Old Jan 20, 2005, 07:59 PM   #5
ayabe
Leftwing Bomb Thrower

ayabe is still being judged by the masses

WEll there will only be 2 patches, that's EA pattern. They might fix those bugs but others will be reintroduced and will not be fixed.
2 x 160 GB Hitachi Deskstar RAID 0
Dell 2005 FPW 20.1" Widescreen
Radeon X1900XT
Klipsch 4.1s
Keep it pithy please, no bloviating.
ayabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 08:26 PM   #6
sMashPiranha
Radeon Volcanic Islands

sMashPiranha is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayabe
WEll there will only be 2 patches, that's EA pattern. They might fix those bugs but others will be reintroduced and will not be fixed.
That means it's time to stop playing that old (2 months) game and buy the latest high quality offering from EA
sMashPiranha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 06:53 AM   #7
Pr()ZaC
Banned

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by sMashPiranha
That means it's time to stop playing that old (2 months) game and buy the latest high quality offering from EA
The only quality product from EA in 2004 was NFS:U2
Old Jan 21, 2005, 07:18 AM   #8
BENCHMARKMAN
Radeon Caribbean Islands

BENCHMARKMAN is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
So, nV users will have to wait months for nVidia to release a bug fixing driver for a game that's part of the TWIMTBP saga
That statement is a bunch of BS. Nvidia users get 5 times as many drives as Ati users. I'm betting in a few weeks rather than months. Please stop making FanATIcal statements.
BENCHMARKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 07:25 AM   #9
movieman
Radeon Northern Islands

movieman is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Nvidia users get 5 times as many drives as Ati users.
Yes, because nvidia drivers have five times as many bugs .

More seriously, I'm always amused when I read a game forum and see people saying 'oh, you're running 96.763 drivers, you need 45.765 to run Foo-Bar Shooter'. And never seems to be the same version for different games, so I can only presume that nvidia users are continually installing different drivers whenever they switch from one game to another...
movieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 08:01 AM   #10
BENCHMARKMAN
Radeon Caribbean Islands

BENCHMARKMAN is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by movieman
Yes, because nvidia drivers have five times as many bugs .

More seriously, I'm always amused when I read a game forum and see people saying 'oh, you're running 96.763 drivers, you need 45.765 to run Foo-Bar Shooter'. And never seems to be the same version for different games, so I can only presume that nvidia users are continually installing different drivers whenever they switch from one game to another...
That's odd since I've changed from a Radeon 9700pro to a 6800nu I've had no bugs and no need to update drivers whereas I was having to constantly change ati drivers. Like I said above please stop making fanATIcal statements.
BENCHMARKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 08:18 AM   #11
Pr()ZaC
Banned

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENCHMARKMAN
That statement is a bunch of BS. Nvidia users get 5 times as many drives as Ati users. I'm betting in a few weeks rather than months. Please stop making FanATIcal statements.
No, you stop defending nVidia.
Please tell me the date of their last OFFICIAL driver. Also, isn't BfME supposed to be endorsed by nVidia, work like a charm on nV hardware, have SM3.0 and all that MK bullsh!t?
http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_lo...gsme_home.html

You might not give a sh!t about using beta drivers but I know plenty of people who are ranting about nV not releasing official software in 3 months.

Last edited by Pr()ZaC : Jan 21, 2005 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Wrong quote :p
Old Jan 21, 2005, 09:17 AM   #12
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
No, you stop defending nVidia.
Please tell me the date of their last OFFICIAL driver. Also, isn't BfME supposed to be endorsed by nVidia, work like a charm on nV hardware, have SM3.0 and all that MK bullsh!t?
http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_lo...gsme_home.html

You might not give a sh!t about using beta drivers but I know plenty of people who are ranting about nV not releasing official software in 3 months.
DFT also i never have to install drivers all the time for my ati card because i never have any bugs, the only time i do install new drivers is when they add something nrew like gemotry instancing for example.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 11:33 AM   #13
ReDeeMeR_RR
Crysis ftw

ReDeeMeR_RR is still being judged by the masses

It lagged like a ***** + no flanking and I didnt buy it, if they fix that I might buy it for the MP.
Old Jan 21, 2005, 11:40 AM   #14
movieman
Radeon Northern Islands

movieman is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
That's odd since I've changed from a Radeon 9700pro to a 6800nu I've had no bugs and no need to update drivers
So why is it that pretty much every game site I go to is full of discussions from nvidia users saying they need to install a completely different version of the drivers to get their game to run? Why can't nvidia just release a driver that runs all games?

Quote:
whereas I was having to constantly change ati drivers.
Whereas I upgrade every few months because I see so few bugs and with ATI's crappy installer it's too painful to upgrade more often.
movieman is offline   Reply With Quote