Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Jan 23, 2020, 07:34 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Put some snow tires on it and enjoy the car. No wonder you're thinking about selling it; you've kinda crippled it by not getting a winter set.

Continental Wintercontacts aren't super expensive. Get a cheap set of wheels and off she goes. 2018+ Mustang would be neat, but you'll end up in the same place you are now during the winter, even if you did put snow tires on it. The Golf R is a great all-season car.

I ran into the same boat since I didn't put my winter set on the Subaru this year. Went to leave for NY, felt all the ice on the ground, and said "nope, I'm gonna end up in a wall doing 80 on the NJ Turnpike" So I drove my Malibu.

I've driven the Subaru in some of these 15 degree days. Haven't really had much snow so not much ice, but they've held up surprisingly well thus far. I just take it super easy.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2020, 08:22 PM   #32
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Winter isn't the issue. I was doing the same thing before the snow fell.
Old May 23, 2020, 07:04 PM   #33
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Put the Golf R up for sale today.

Torn on what to replace it with if it sells. Cars on the short list are:

1. C6 Corvette (Grand Sport or ZO6 preferably)
2. Cayman S
3. 911 S

Last edited by OverclockN' : May 23, 2020 at 07:18 PM.
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 25, 2020, 02:48 PM   #34
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Does the Cayman S still not come with an LSD?
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2020, 03:52 PM   #35
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Put the Golf R up for sale today.

Torn on what to replace it with if it sells. Cars on the short list are:

1. C6 Corvette (Grand Sport or ZO6 preferably)
2. Cayman S
3. 911 S
Nice.

I am looking at a 2011 911S right now. Pandemic Porsche.
Old May 25, 2020, 06:27 PM   #36
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Does the Cayman S still not come with an LSD?
I'd be looking at a 2009 or around there, and I believe they all had ELSD. I don't hear any complaints about it, but there are also a million nannies working in the background on the Porsche's anyway.

I have a track car, so this would just be a fun driver. Don't think it would bother me either way.