Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D)
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D) Home of the Team Rage3D [email protected] project. Get [email protected] info, download information, and details on how to join the Team. Team Rage3D progress updates posted here daily.

Old Aug 23, 2005, 06:03 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
PreservedSwine
When's dinner?

PreservedSwine is still being judged by the masses

Default I fold

To put a hopefull ending to these kinds of threads

Not sure if it's appropriate ...
But this is the reason I'm here...

The competition is fun, but underneath, there is a purpose and a goal...

Reading that thread, right here on R3D, really brought that home.....
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government—lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." --Patrick Henry
PreservedSwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2005, 06:29 PM   #2
travbrad1001
Radeon R700

travbrad1001 is still being judged by the masses

My grandfather has had alzheimers for 15 years now, and he's at the point where he can no longer do anything (walk, talk, feed himself, etc), so i have a "reason" to be doing this too. The competition aspect is good though, and it drives people to help out more And hopefully one day noone will have to deal with these horrible diseases

Out of all the distributed computing projects, this one just seems like it has the best chance of actually helping humankind. Looking for intelligent aliens isn't going to help us (SETI), they'd probably be extinct by the time we got the radio waves anyway.

Last edited by travbrad1001 : Aug 23, 2005 at 09:11 PM.
travbrad1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2005, 08:58 PM   #3
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Bit too late for me to safe anyone.... My grandfather died last year... complications of altziehmers. Great-grandmother died 2 years ago... Brain tumor.... Grandmother died when i was in 7th grade, of something similar to altzhiemrs... my other grandfather died of cancer due to smoking IIRC when i was in 6th grade.......

My 16 year old cat died last year too

I fold for others now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 24, 2005, 12:06 AM   #4
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

I can think of nothing more appropriate PreservedSwine.

I began to Fold not long after my just-turned-12 yr old niece died of leukemia. Here's to playing a small part in making cancer and these other misfolding related diseases a distant memory.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 12:34 AM   #5
Uber_Tiny
WTF DID I STEP IN

Uber_Tiny is still being judged by the masses

This is one of the main reasons why I fold.

But in the end I like to see the challenges. Just means cures can be made faster!
Uber_Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote