Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Apr 1, 2020, 01:58 PM   #241
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I started a new character because of you Yellowbeard What a difference after learning all the game's quirks and mechanics. One death in the entire first area and that was clearly me being greedy.

Katanas are boring.
Odachi is OP.

Spears though.. spears gonna get me killed learning them.
A hahahahaha get some! Yeah, I've gotten a lot more comfortable with just using Yokai abilities whenever since the beginning. Between that and the Kurisagama's ridiculous high stance I was able to keep the first boss tilted for a good portion of the fight. It just does so much Ki damage for so little ki used on your part.

Yeah, Odachi is pretty strong, it just shows a little weakness in not being able to completely annihilate bosses Ki like some weapons. Unless for some reason I just haven't been able to find the magical combo. (Also, low stance is fun as hell, the backflip on triangle is nice and the up x pole vault combo is hilarious if you hit an enemy right. You go up and over, all the while the Odachi just does damage ticks on it's entire flight path.) Katana is fun, but that's mostly against humans cause you can use all the parry skills and clown on guys. Fighting Yokai is pretty much just abuse the kick cause, good lord, the amount of Ki damage it does is kinda nuts.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2020, 02:30 PM   #242
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Enenra got the spear, right where it hurts

Nailed every single burst counter this time. Felt good

I think I'm going tanky spear this time. See what kind of havoc I can wreak
Old Yesterday, 04:20 PM   #243
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

Heh, interesting tidbit if you didn't see it. When I was going back through a couple of missions to unlock one the last duels you can apparently level sync missions you've gone through before. Squishing your stats and allowing the mission to drop items up to the highest level you've cleared in the current difficulty level. In my case, level 149 items. I was still tanky as all get out and some higher level stuff dropped. Still need the dual swords sub missions. Think I'm gonna go look up what the hidden trophies are and trophy hunt synced missions with dual swords to putz for a little bit.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Yesterday, 09:02 PM   #244
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I saw that level sync and tried it a bit - I'm getting lots of lvl 160 drops, but painfully few + anything drops. Enough to soul match a bit here and there.

I'll tell you one thing - I feel like I'm back in WoTN in the first game, naked with no defense and no Ki. I almost feel like I'm going to be forced to respec for heavier, tougher armor, but I really believe it's a balance issue that might get patched. I can go toe to toe with a tengu and take a number of hits, but an odachi warrior one shotted me.

I'm using the Diehard armor which has great specs/perks for a medium set, but I want the Moon Prayer set and can only pick revenants for it, or farm that one mission which will not give me the bloody text.

Also - that blacksmith can just piss right off. 40 Divine fragments, and all I needed was a set of greaves. 4 attempts at 86% chance of divine gear and I got all whites. That's just BS and really needs to be fixed.