Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Aug 4, 2020, 02:05 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Glad you are all ok! Metal can be replaced.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2020, 03:00 PM   #32
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Glad you're all ok Lupine!
Old Aug 4, 2020, 09:10 PM   #33
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskylord View Post
two mindsets for purchasing a car:

1) I need something to get me (and family) from point A to point B
2) I want to get the best vehicle that I can.

I"m struggling to figure out what I need vs what I want. I would love to replacing my aging 2008 Subaru Tribeca with a Tesla Model Y, but I have not won the lottery. I make decent middle upper middle class income, and still try to understand how so many folk are driving Mercs, BMW, Lexus, etc and I get sticker shock everytime I look at that.

Get a car that lets you sleep at night. Good luck.
Cars are tools. We bought the Odyssey new because it had safety features not available on the outgoing model year, and we had the cash to do so (paid off loan with 6mo). Normally I try to hit the 3-5yr old sweet spot, and then we enjoy it as long as it meets our needs and the maintenance costs stay in check.

This one is tough, because our needs are in flux. I want a truck, but don't NEED a truck since I can use my company F350 engineering truck when I need that utility. I want a fuel efficient car, but there aren't many with 5 passenger + dogs + stuff capacity for those times when we need it, or the towing capacity I prefer. My focus on bang/buck is also limiting, especially with the uncertainties of COVID-19, which hasn't impacted our finances yet but certainly could at any time.

Makes me want to buy something cheap and just sit tight for a few years.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 4, 2020, 09:50 PM   #34
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

The Telluride is a sexy beast for the money.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2020, 01:36 AM   #35
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Telluride is a sexy beast but with the kind of longevity he is looking at, I wouldn't trust a Korean auto mfg.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2020, 07:22 AM   #36
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
The Telluride is a sexy beast for the money.
what? Sexy? Where? Looks like a brick to me.

That aside, glad to see that your family got out without injuries, Lup. As already been pointed out, it's just a car, easy to replace.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it" *Robin Williams*

Silent-Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 05:06 PM   #37
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Looking pretty seriously at getting a used Prius. 2010+ seems to be a good target.

From truck to minivan to prius. The slide continues.

Old Aug 7, 2020, 05:24 PM   #38
dodger
Doggy

dodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupine View Post
Looking pretty seriously at getting a used Prius. 2010+ seems to be a good target.

Wow that is big change. Prius V right? The big one?
dodger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 06:26 PM   #39
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupine View Post

I did that slide. Now I'm back in a truck. There is hope.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2020, 12:11 PM   #40
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

perhaps look at a used low-mileage mid-size CUV/SUV from Carmax and buy the extended warranty. And a brush guard. Although I haven't put the brush guard on my truck since I hit a deer, it's sitting in the garage. One day...
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2020, 12:14 PM   #41
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

I went Jeep -> Scion xD (the small hatchback) -> Camry -> Altima -> And am now back in a full size SUV, GMC Acadia.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2020, 08:52 AM   #42
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

maybe something like this?

"You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it" *Robin Williams*

Silent-Runner is online now   Reply With Quote