Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 14, 2020, 12:41 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
t3hl33td4rg0n
env x='() { :;};

t3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled with

Despite being a little rough on the edges and some UI bugs, the actual gameplay has been pretty fun. Previously went with a staff based mage, but wanted to try something new.

Went with a spellsword build and it's really fun to play. Basically 1H weapon with a focus. Spam fireballs until rage is filled up, then jump into the thick of it either using the spear leap, or the teleport smash, spamming either whirlwind or that spinny chain skill, finishing stuff off with the flying hammer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
Interesting about the "too small hitbox" problem. Because that's exactly what I'm noticing. I'll have to check out this basic attack option. Hopefully it helps.
Noticed this with some enemies, especially those damn bats. Sticking with attacks/spells that have an AoE with force-stand so don't have to worry too much about having to explicitly target enemies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
There are some oddities that make me wonder about the gameplay like my movement based abilities (i.e. heroic leap or jumpy speary) can't traverse between two separate areas or over obstacles when it clearly seems like it should.
Yeah, that is annoying. Discovered this when I couldn't leap over a carriage. Hope that get fixed. Then again, I've seen this same behavior in D3 with the various teleport spells. Can teleport through walls, but not this random bush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
EDIT: It seems to be happening randomly; some players are encountering it as soon as they start act 2, others are encountering it once they hit act 3.

Don't rely on your stash right now, people are also randomly losing those too lol.
Eek! I lost my stash in the first beta, people complained about it in the 2nd beta phase too. I'm surprised it wasn't fixed.
Gaming Computer: Core i7 3770k | MSI Z77 MPOWER | MSI 1080 Twin Frozr | Acer Predator X34 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 PC2100 | Antec DF-85 | Cooler Master Silent Gold Pro 800W | 512GB Samsung 860 EVO | 4TB WDC Black | 4TB HGST
Server: Core i5 4670 | MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX AC | eVGA GTX980 | 8GB G.SKILL DDR3 1866 | Lian-Li V2120X | Corsair RM750 750W | 500GB SSD | 4x 4TB WDC Red
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2020, 01:28 PM   #32
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

I thought the disappearing stash items was addressed in the patch? I have not lost anything from my stash so-far. Curious if people having the most issues missed the part about reinstalling the game from scratch? The performance issues reported are strange too. I'm still in act 1, but no dramatic frame drops noticed. Regarding the targeting issue, there is a setting that allows one to target via mouse-hover. Its basically auto-attack, but listed as basic attack in the game settings. It will allow you to hold down the left-mouse and attack anyone you hover the cursor over. Be warned, it will make positioning tricky.

Quote:
Update: Server status update - We now have a higher amount of servers available and the number of simultaneous players has been dramatically increased. The game creation should also work much better now.

Online chest reset issue workaround: Logout/login just after the act boss should prevent the loss of items in chest when making an Act transition (as long as you don't use your chest until the transition is complete). Hotfix for this issue early next week.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Feb 14, 2020 at 02:14 PM.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2020, 08:41 AM   #33
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Interested in this but it sounds like it launched way before it was ready. Will monitor and check out in a month or two.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 15, 2020, 09:48 AM   #34
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Anyone know what the "Duplicate Skill" options are for? I don't understand what's going on with those tabs. I'm only level 11 so maybe I'm not there yet.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2020, 11:41 AM   #35
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2020, 06:49 PM   #36
CyanBlues
Radeon Northern Islands

CyanBlues can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCyanBlues can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCyanBlues can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

i had this for a while now when it was in alpha/beta, but stop trying to play because each updates i would have to start over, now that its out officially, I'll take a look at it again
Old Feb 15, 2020, 07:28 PM   #37
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Two days released and online is still broken lol.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2020, 02:47 AM   #38
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Two days released and online is still broken lol.
The devs are pretty active on discord. Their last update seemed to point at a possible server fix happening already (Saturday 12 noon UTC)? I have no idea if that actually happened?

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 04:56 AM   #39
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
The devs are pretty active on discord. Their last update seemed to point at a possible server fix happening already (Saturday 12 noon UTC)? I have no idea if that actually happened?
It didn't, the online mode is still borked as of 5 minutes ago.

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
Old Feb 16, 2020, 07:06 AM   #40
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

The devs posted on discord at 06:09am today - Basically saying its going to be a little while more. Guess the database is still suffering from all those simultaneous connections

Quote:
Old Feb 16, 2020, 05:38 PM   #41
xCLAVEx
Not gone

It's good the online mode is working now, how long that will last is anybodies guess but for now it's playable. One thing I wish they fixed (which has been a problem since the games inception) is that you cannot use any potion during any kind of animation...meaning if you are attacking you can't use a health potion or if you are getting tossed around like a rag doll you can't use a health potion. This often leads to getting murdered while spamming the health potion button and nothing happening which can get frustrating...

Old Feb 16, 2020, 07:28 PM   #42
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Aaaaaaaaaaaand servers are down again lol.

Old Feb 17, 2020, 01:49 AM   #43
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

People are still reporting on discord that items are disappearing from their stash and that progress is being lost? Problem is you can't tell who is being sincere and who is trolling these days . I am also assuming this is mostly associated with online since offline is stored locally on you pc?

Quote:
Old Feb 17, 2020, 07:38 AM   #44
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

If you're playing offline use the Wolcen Save Manager while playing, it will make a local backup of your save file every time it changes. You might need to install the .Net runtime for it to work properly.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2020, 11:09 PM   #45
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

In the gates of fate, I'm at the perimeter of the first ring, rotated the second ring to the tree I want and now want to move to the second ring but it won;t let me says "you can't reach this skill yet", any idea how to get to the second ring?
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2020, 11:41 PM   #46
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

How you gays liking this game?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2020, 12:57 AM   #47
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
In the gates of fate, I'm at the perimeter of the first ring, rotated the second ring to the tree I want and now want to move to the second ring but it won;t let me says "you can't reach this skill yet", any idea how to get to the second ring?
Not sure what you mean? As long as you have a connecting point at the tip of the first wheel, you should be able to put a point into the connecting point of the start of the second wheel.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Feb 18, 2020, 11:02 AM   #48
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Not sure what you mean? As long as you have a connecting point at the tip of the first wheel, you should be able to put a point into the connecting point of the start of the second wheel.
There is a connecting point, but it won't let me, do they have to be the same color?

or is there something that I need to complete in the first ring?
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2020, 11:26 AM   #49
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
There is a connecting point, but it won't let me, do they have to be the same color?

Could be bugged. About 2/3rds of those passives are non functional anyway. The game is a buggy mess at the moment.

Old Feb 18, 2020, 02:56 PM   #50
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

Hmm no, that is weird, the only requirement for any of the nodes is to have the one next to it. Maybe try the game forums, maybe someone has a fix.

I do know that some passive bugs can be fixed by simply rotating the wheel so no points connect, confirming, closing reopening the passives and then try connecting them again.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 06:17 AM   #51
barleystout
Radeon R700

barleystout once held a door open for a complete strangerbarleystout once held a door open for a complete strangerbarleystout once held a door open for a complete strangerbarleystout once held a door open for a complete stranger

Sometimes the connecting dot might look like it’s lit up or has been acquired but actually has not been acquired.
barleystout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2020, 10:22 AM   #52
xCLAVEx
Not gone

I've actually shelved the game for now. Was very interested when they finally "released" it but with the absolute mess the game is at the moment and the unstable servers, I've decided to shelve it for another month or two in the (minor) hope that they will fix enough of the problems for it to be worth playing. I haven't gotten very far yet so I may even start over, not sure.

Old Feb 20, 2020, 10:42 AM   #53
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I've actually shelved the game for now. Was very interested when they finally "released" it but with the absolute mess the game is at the moment and the unstable servers, I've decided to shelve it for another month or two in the (minor) hope that they will fix enough of the problems for it to be worth playing. I haven't gotten very far yet so I may even start over, not sure.
They just released a patch that fixed a bunch, xpecially quest stoppage bugs. Some aspects definitely have bugs still, like some of the passive tree bits, but overall the game is definitely playable. I have not really encountered many bugs myself yet, definitely nowhere near what others have. I also play offline, so none of the server issues really bothered me, and they just fixed (hopefully) one of the few issues with characters saves in offline too.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 04:09 PM   #54
CyanBlues
Radeon Northern Islands

CyanBlues can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCyanBlues can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCyanBlues can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

finished offline and decided to try online just now, talk about lag and network issue lol, guess its back to offline
Old Feb 23, 2020, 05:36 PM   #55
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

i finished the story in offline, but i dont want to really do much end game until my friends buy it in six months when they think it will be ready
Old Feb 23, 2020, 09:16 PM   #56
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

This game is ****ing horrible.

Bugs aside which there are many, the game is just slow paced. Not something I enjoy much.

But the bugs, **** me.... This game should have never been released when it was. Definitely not ready for prime time.

Going to refund it if I can.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS14, EVGA FTW3 2080Ti Sixtuple SLI, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2020, 10:15 AM   #57
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
This game is ****ing horrible.

Bugs aside which there are many, the game is just slow paced. Not something I enjoy much.

But the bugs, **** me.... This game should have never been released when it was. Definitely not ready for prime time.

Going to refund it if I can.
Slow paced? Wolcen is many things, but the game is actually quite fast paced in terms of action. The bugs are the main problem with the game, even after that large patch that fixed a bunch of stuff there is STILL a bunch of bugs my buddy and I encountered when I decided to try it again over the weekend.

*Random disconnects from online mode.

*We occasionally loaded UNDER the map.

*Sometimes our character models didn't load and all we saw were our weapons.

*Sound would occasionally muffle itself or just flat cut out except for voices.

*We'd often get stuck on the dead screen if we died to a boss and we would not be able to respawn back in town.

*If we died to a boss and WERE able to go back to town, occasionally we couldn't proceed back to the boss as the area would be unselectable forcing us to restart the game.

*Sometimes mission critical NPC's would disappear and we couldn't proceed through a triggered event. Had to restart game.

*Many passives and skill mods STILL don't work and have no function. It's a crapshoot if you find an ability that works or is borked.

*The "sidequest" mini dungeons you could find would often not allow us to complete them due to the target monster/monsters not spawning.

These are just the ones off the top of my head, there were many more.