Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Mar 30, 2020, 09:34 AM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
At this point, just wait for the next gen Nvidia GPU
OP already made purchase.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2020, 12:41 PM   #62
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Next gen will bring some really interesting mid-range options in my opinion.

NV will have RTX on Gen 2, AMD will have the same RTRT as the consoles.

Oh and if anyone gives a poop...

If the 2080 was new, I would have picked it over the rest.

The price difference for the loss of warranty wasn't worth it, after looking at the 'card' options, I did object to the MSI card model, and if those options were static. I should have explained further and more concretely that if those were the options, I'd go with the 2070 Super.

Oh and... Yeah I'll rag on the Reddit, Chrome and NV day, every day... When AMD gives me a reason, I will too. Like their chipset driver installer, misspelling 'boost' as 'bosst' in every pane and graphic, doesn't exactly inspire confidence. I think AMD royally screwed up the Radeon VII(should be V2 not '7'), they shouldn't have pushed it as some pure power gaming card, but them opening the Pro drivers to install on basically everything GCN forward, was a cool move. The lack of AMD addressing Navi's OpenCL issue, is a bother I can't seem to find anything concrete on if it was just a driver bug or if it's a hardware fault. The AMD drivers should for the love of all that's nice and good, allow you to choose if you want their overlay and encoder stuff to install, it's really annoying that it just bulls ahead with it. AMD should have stuck clock ramping into the drivers ages ago. Oh and grr... The AMD chipset drivers made my 2700 go from single core equality with a 7700K in the CPU-Z bench to sitting 100pts behind it. Guess I'll be figuring out if that's from a bios update or the chipset drivers.

Still that R9 290 staying power, though that 8GB(a few 290x models and the 390 refresh) vmem that seemed pointless back in the day is certainly paying out now.

Heatware

Last edited by gamefoo21 : Mar 31, 2020 at 01:22 PM.
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2020, 01:00 PM   #63
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefoo21 View Post
Oh and if anyone gives a poop...

If the 2080 was new, I would have picked it over the rest.

Zero fracks given.

yoz
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 31, 2020, 03:04 PM   #64
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Zero fracks given.
He also ignored how utterly wrong his DLSS assumptions were.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2020, 03:06 PM   #65
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
He also ignored how utterly wrong his DLSS assumptions were.
Well, we won't mention that, especially since OP bought his nephew a sweet 2070 Super.

yoz