Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 31, 2011, 12:29 AM   #3991
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ya, the A4 has the burst mode and i'm doing much better now. I play assault almost exclusively.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 01:25 AM   #3992
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Single player was real short... like 5-6 hours short.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 02:33 AM   #3993
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
20% longer than Call of Duty games then?
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 31, 2011, 02:37 AM   #3994
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Last CODBO was about 6 hours so not 20% but just same as CoD games.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 02:41 AM   #3995
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

That must mean its the perfect length then.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 02:57 AM   #3996
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Sucks not having any friends to play this game with, because it's growing on me and is really fun. I think it destroys Bad Company 2 in every way, and it's so relieving to actually have someone die when I shoot them. In a good squad, the experience is unbeatable. Some of the infantry maps like Bazaar and Seine are just absolutely insane and you can feel the tides of battle dynamically changing. I still think Caspian Border is the best vehicle map and the only one besides Firestorm that really gives you a great deal of room to maneuver around. The only awful experiences I've had with this game are on Operation Metro (Conquest). Otherwise, I really enjoy most of the other CQ maps. I just wish we had more to choose from, because eight (I pretend Metro doesn't exist) is a really, really small number.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 03:05 AM   #3997
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Sucks not having any friends to play this game with, because it's growing on me and is really fun. I think it destroys Bad Company 2 in every way, and it's so relieving to actually have someone die when I shoot them. In a good squad, the experience is unbeatable. Some of the infantry maps like Bazaar and Seine are just absolutely insane and you can feel the tides of battle dynamically changing. I still think Caspian Border is the best vehicle map and the only one besides Firestorm that really gives you a great deal of room to maneuver around. The only awful experiences I've had with this game are on Operation Metro (Conquest). Otherwise, I really enjoy most of the other CQ maps. I just wish we had more to choose from, because eight (I pretend Metro doesn't exist) is a really, really small number.
Come to the R3D server. It owns all of us by the balls.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 04:45 AM   #3998
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Rad2owns is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNB4800 View Post
Well, the Read/Writes are almost there with the raid being at 250MB R/W almost while the SSD is at 280 RW (I have a SATA 2 SSD, Vertex 2 from OCZ). Obviously it is the seek times that make all the difference but I need to check if it is really important when you are just loading data.

STILL, beats using a single HDD by a mile!

Anyone notice some random CTDs or totally freezes? I doubt they are related to my GPU since that would give me a blue screen or screen corruption followed by freeze. It mainly happened yesterday. The major difference is that I was tabbing out alot yesterday to check out web browser while game loads next map.

Also, I still couldn't find out to add an https exception for Battlelog in Firefox! If it is even needed in that browser at all.
My reads are over 500 and writes are a little over 450, good enough I think.
If you Fold The Cure will Come!!!!!
Fold On Forever!!
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...00CC&c5=FFFFFF
Your Thoughts Will Define Your Destiny.
Hidden variables are everywhere.
BF3 KOz1
Rad2owns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 04:47 AM   #3999
KAC
That postcount though...

I have only had one freeze in BF3. I dropped my clocks on the SB by about 200 MHz and since then it has been pumping fine.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 06:05 AM   #4000
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
Which kit is required to get the M16A4? I am guessing Assault?
That is an assault rifle so yeah it is Assault class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
To be frank, for games like CoD and BF, having 5-6 hour SP is totally fine and I actually prefer it like that. There are too many games released and MP eats lots of your time, so am totally leaning towards that kind of SP game lenght as long as it is quality and not a borefest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad2owns View Post
My reads are over 500 and writes are a little over 450, good enough I think.
Aha! You are using SATA 3 SSD! SATA 2 has half that speed on average. That would require 4xHDDs in Raid 0 to match up and ofcourse your seek time suffers more.

My motherboard doesn't support SATA 3 hence my SSD is Vertex 2 (SATA 2) which is still a HUGE upgrade from my single HDD setup with 70MB/s R/W.

So yeah no wonder you see such a huge improvement.
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 06:05 AM   #4001
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I had a bsod aswell raised voltage a little and its been pumping gays with jizz pellets ever since. Thought I saw a cockslap in there somewhere too..

Getting the hang of this game now, last 3 rounds were pwnage.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...5/1/247284203/

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...9/1/247284203/

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...8/1/247284203/
Old Oct 31, 2011, 06:09 AM   #4002
demo
space cadet

M416 is my weapon of choice so far, with iron sights, front grip and heavy barrel. Its like using one of the weapons out of MoH.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 06:14 AM   #4003
KAC
That postcount though...

So I guess, I need to shift to the assault class. Been boning the Engg class simply because it is boss and that RPG is much needed every day. Does the assault class get the C4 and crap or wha? Will do more of it tomorrow if I have time to play some more.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 06:14 AM   #4004
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Does this guide fix load times for anybody? Would rather not install ATT unless it works
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 06:15 AM   #4005
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote from their Facebook page:
"Be Advised: We will be starting server maintenance and improvements for PC, 360, PS3 in ~30 minutes. Outages will last 1 hour. Over."

Any news on the patch notes ?
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 06:21 AM   #4006
demo
space cadet

Quote:
So I guess, I need to shift to the assault class. Been boning the Engg class simply because it is boss and that RPG is much needed every day. Does the assault class get the C4 and crap or wha? Will do more of it tomorrow if I have time to play some more.
No unfortunately you dont get C4 with assault afaik, and I hate it, I'm totally defenseless against tanks.. Instead of being aggressive against tanks, teasing them behind cover until I can sneak up and C4 them like in BC2, I now have to run away with my tail between my legs Best you can do is spot it so everyone knows where it is and hope someone blows it up..

But if you play assault, at rank 5 you get the M416, unlock the foregrip and heavy barrel for that sucker and it owns, very easy to control even when unloading the entire clip. I have a 5:1 ratio with it and I havent really been playing any better.

Last edited by demo : Oct 31, 2011 at 06:23 AM.
demo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 06:34 AM   #4007
dumb1
Radeon Sea Islands

dumb1 is still being judged by the masses

is it just me or are the gfx overrated in this game? some levels are drop dead gorgeous (Eg, tank level) but others look quite dated.

am running on max settings, running gtx 590. getting silky smooth fps, but still some levels just seem bleh.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 06:35 AM   #4008
KAC
That postcount though...

Ahan. Who get's the ****ing C4 then?
I need to learn a lot about the unlocks in this puppy. Also hate class based unlocks with a passion but at least in this game, not too bad.

Level 8 I think and still need to play a metric ton to be able to contribute meaningfully in this game. Default guns suck cock as well.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 06:38 AM   #4009
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The support class gets C4.
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 06:41 AM   #4010
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumb1 View Post
is it just me or are the gfx overrated in this game? some levels are drop dead gorgeous (Eg, tank level) but others look quite dated.

am running on max settings, running gtx 590. getting silky smooth fps, but still some levels just seem bleh.
Yeh I agree, the graphics are good but overrated.

Quote:
Ahan. Who get's the ****ing C4 then?
I need to learn a lot about the unlocks in this puppy. Also hate class based unlocks with a passion but at least in this game, not too bad.

Level 8 I think and still need to play a metric ton to be able to contribute meaningfully in this game. Default guns suck cock as well.
recon gets C4 iirc

edit: ego says support, and I believe him! I havnt played any other class apart from assault yet, unless I pick up a kit when I run out of ammo.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 06:42 AM   #4011
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post
Quote from their Facebook page:
"Be Advised: We will be starting server maintenance and improvements for PC, 360, PS3 in ~30 minutes. Outages will last 1 hour. Over."

Any news on the patch notes ?
Release 6:

* Fix for crashes usually occurring during level switches. Server providers may see a little bit of memory leakage instead in this situation
* Game servers should no longer quit in some situations where the online backend servers are down. Server will reconnect to the backend once it's up again
* Fix for ghost servers which didn't accept connections
* Kick reasons should better match situations where they are issued. This will help battlelog provide more accurate information to the player
* Connection fixes to avoid players sometimes being rejected while joining the game server on one of the last slots
* Security updates
* Improved server logging
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 06:49 AM   #4012
KAC
That postcount though...

Is there like a BF3 unlock map. I have always seen ones for COD games and it is immensely helpful since you know what customized classes you want to create and weaponry you want to spend money on (e.g., in CODBO).

For this game, I definitely need it since it is my first BF game playing online and actually enjoying it...
Old Oct 31, 2011, 06:52 AM   #4013
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

from the battlelog main page, click your name on the left under active soldier, go to weapons and equipment.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 07:27 AM   #4014
KAC
That postcount though...

What settings are you guys playing this game at?
I have everything maxed out in game w/ 4xMSAA (since I still don't know how to turn on FXAA ). Vsync is disabled for MP (duh!). 1680*1050 resolution with everything in CCC set to App Preference. I think I am easily averaging 55-60 fps and sometimes higher in doors and stuff.

What up?
Old Oct 31, 2011, 07:53 AM   #4015
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

My 5870 and i7 920 has been doing pretty well. I have lowered a few things down to medium (most things on "high") and have only had a few occasions when things have chugged slightly (like when flying in choppers etc).
Old Oct 31, 2011, 08:01 AM   #4016
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
That must mean its the perfect length then.
That's what she said...
Old Oct 31, 2011, 08:10 AM   #4017
demo
space cadet

Quote:
What settings are you guys playing this game at?
I have everything maxed out in game w/ 4xMSAA (since I still don't know how to turn on FXAA ). Vsync is disabled for MP (duh!). 1680*1050 resolution with everything in CCC set to App Preference. I think I am easily averaging 55-60 fps and sometimes higher in doors and stuff.

What up?
To enable FXAA only, disable MSAA, and the option directly under it called antialiasing post is the shader based option. IIRC its something like MLAA is low, FXAA is med and SRAA is high.

And Im running ~120+ fps 120hz, all ultra 4xMSAA+4xtrSSAA with post aa disabled and no vsync.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 08:13 AM   #4018
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
To enable FXAA only, disable MSAA, and the option directly under it called antialiasing post is the shader based option. IIRC its something like MLAA is low, FXAA is med and SRAA is high.

And Im running ~120+ fps 120hz, all ultra 4xMSAA+4xtrSSAA with post aa disabled and no vsync.
Guess that mofo tri sli does pay off .
Old Oct 31, 2011, 08:21 AM   #4019
demo
space cadet

Bleh I could easily run this game with 16 or 32xCSAA+trSSAA if it didnt run out of Vram It runs fine but stutters occasionaly at anything over 4+4.

edit: actually I'm a noob, thats for 1440p 4+4 is max, but I have kept it at 4+4 for MP 1080p 120hz.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 08:32 AM   #4020
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Has anyone joined a server where they find it to be hitching terribly, and the only fix is to quit the game and rejoin it? It's very odd, happens maybe 1-6/8 joins. FPS will report like 50-60 and it'll be smooth, stop, smooth, stop, smooth, stop, in very precise intervals with like .25s stoppage, and .5s movement, and just keeps going back and forth.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote