Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Mar 15, 2010, 09:09 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default Shutter Island

The awesome.

A good suspense film. Kind of hard to discuss without giving it away but I'm a little confused on how they got to dress up and role play his US Marshall. I mean, at what point did he reset and get on the ferry. But ya, it was overall a good film.

Last edited by Razeus : Mar 15, 2010 at 09:32 AM.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2010, 09:32 AM   #2
HiThere
salty cracker

HiThere is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
The awesome.

A good suspense film.
Agreed. The only (tiny) complaint I had throughout the whole film was the early onset of the score, which was needlessly loud and intrusive during the opening. Other than that, it was a really, really well-crafted film, imho.

I think the ferry ride was part of his manufactured memories, stitched together from his actual ride over from 2 years prior.

Last edited by HiThere : Mar 15, 2010 at 09:34 AM.
HiThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2010, 01:50 PM   #3
pixie69
Not in the face!

pixie69 is still being judged by the masses

We sat beside two idiots who beside us and in the row directly behind. The bird beside us took a phone call 2/3 rds the way in and only after 45 seconds decided it was better to get up and leave the room.

Best film I've seen at the cinema for a long time.

At the end where his partner shakes his head at the shrink, the whole theatre burst out laughing. Retards.

I'm going up into the city for the cinema from now on. This town is full degenerate uneducated scum.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 15, 2010, 04:26 PM   #4
Kraven
Stafoo!

Kraven is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie69 View Post
We sat beside two idiots who beside us and in the row directly behind. The bird beside us took a phone call 2/3 rds the way in and only after 45 seconds decided it was better to get up and leave the room.

Best film I've seen at the cinema for a long time.

At the end where his partner shakes his head at the shrink, the whole theatre burst out laughing. Retards.

I'm going up into the city for the cinema from now on. This town is full degenerate uneducated scum.
Yeah that sounds like a hellish experience, tards.

Great film, I found the ending disturbing When dicaprios character mutters those words better to die a good man or something, pretty sure his character didnt relapse but chose to get labotomized. Made me shiver.

Yeah some quote goes here...

Kraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2010, 04:59 PM   #5
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraven View Post
Yeah that sounds like a hellish experience, tards.

Great film, I found the ending disturbing When dicaprios character mutters those words better to die a good man or something, pretty sure his character didnt relapse but chose to get labotomized. Made me shiver.
Exactly what happened. I wouldn't want live with myself being a monster either. I rather die with the thought of myself being a good man in the little made up world I made for myself, than face the reality that I'm a killer .
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2010, 05:27 PM   #6
Kraven
Stafoo!

Kraven is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Exactly what happened. I wouldn't want live with myself being a monster either. I rather die with the thought of myself being a good man in the little made up world I made for myself, than face the reality that I'm a killer .
I would live with it rather than face the prospect of having a chunk of my brain ripped out with a pointy sharp thing, f**k that.

Yeah some quote goes here...

Kraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2010, 03:41 AM   #7
Meteor
[RenJeRot] rulez!

Meteor is still being judged by the masses

Awesome movie, awesome ending...

nuff said

Other: Asus EEE 1005HA / Intel Atom N280 1.66GHz / 1GB / 160 GB HDD / Windows 7
Meteor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2010, 06:44 AM   #8
KAC
Gays be gays be gays be g

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I think he went ahead with lobotomy since other option was suicide. I also propose lobotomy for FrAg Of FuRy
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2010, 06:51 PM   #9
Xiro
Oo

Xiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I understand he felt guilt for the death of his children because he didn't get his wife help earlier when she was acting weird. But, I myself, would have shot that bitch dead and not thought twice about it after what she did. I'd feel Horrible I lost my kids, but I wouldn't think of myself as a monster. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be lobotomized.
Xiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2010, 02:21 PM   #10
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

I saw this movie last night since movies like this are usually what I enjoy most, but I almost walked out on this one. It was poorly done. Dicaprio is a good actor, but hell.. he couldn't save what they did to this movie. The "twist" was kind of predictable, I went in not knowing anything and about half way through it started becoming blatantly obvious to the point I was feeling insulted. There weren't many people in the theater, but 2 or 3 walked out around the half way point, and I almost joined them but couldn't leave the person I was with.

The movie was too wrapped up in trying to be creative with artsy scenes and needlessly long dialog exchanges. Not to mention poorly edited, I caught a few times where scenes were spliced together and characters positions were slightly different mid way through, like 2 different takes put together. It was just bad.

The only thing I did like was the exchange at the end between him and Chuck. Probably the most thought provoking part of the movie.
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8

Last edited by Perky McGiggles : Apr 30, 2010 at 02:25 PM.
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2010, 02:29 PM   #11
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

im gonna watch it tonight. I sure hope its better then hurt locker and avatar. I found both of those boring, unoriginal and just overall average.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2010, 02:32 PM   #12
Idle Wild
Up and away!

Idle Wild can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyIdle Wild can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie69 View Post
And what kind of degenerate calls a Cinema a Theatre?
Idle Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2010, 02:50 PM   #13
Blasphemer
Radeon Northern Islands

Blasphemer is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle Wild View Post
And what kind of degenerate calls a Cinema a Theatre?
Probably some uneducated northern type.
Blasphemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2010, 05:10 PM   #14
the_mup
Did I microstutter?

the_mup is still being judged by the masses

It is a decent movie. I thought they gave it away too soon, though. Then again, I have a knack for foreshadowing movies like this one.
Powercolor 290x LCS
PC Power and Cooling 860w
Muskin SSD
ASUS 24" HDMI Widescreen
Custom Watercooled
Windows 8.1 x64
the_mup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2010, 05:32 PM   #15
CHIPS
The Overmind

CHIPS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCHIPS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I think it was a good movie overall.

"Humans in general are very self-interested, while expecting all other humans around them to be selfless."
"Sometimes, it is not about whatever you can do something or not. It is about, if you cannot do it, who else can?"
"A difficult task might stop you from getting it done. But it cannot stop you from trying your best."
"Who you hang out with is who you will become" "Do not act on feelings, but act on facts"
"It does not matter how other people sees you. What matters is how you see yourself." "Some pains are sharp, but short. Some pains are dull, but long."
"I killed you ten times with my knife and you killed me 13 times with a gun so I pwned you!" -Crawdaddy79
"Gorgeous white girls everywhere with that "I'M SOOO HOT AND YOU CAN'T HAVE ME" bullsh** attitude" -gts007
"If you wasn't in my way, I wouldn't have shot you" -Kamille Bidan, Zeta Gundam
"It is easy to give up. Anyone can do it. But I choose the hard path." -Beyond
"If women can't compete with video games for our attention its their problem, not ours." -sumpwa
CHIPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2010, 05:35 PM   #16
kepler
Radeon Arctic Islands

kepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Good movie.
kepler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2010, 10:32 PM   #17
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Watched it last night...movie was okay but I wasn't exactly blown away by the 'twist' ending either...saw that coming a long time before they reveal it.

Meh
MyTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote