Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Apr 12, 2009, 08:35 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
genci88
lololololol

genci88 is still being judged by the masses

Default Is anyone else here an Amazon Vine member?

Thanks to my anti-DRM Spore review on Amazon.com (which got like 8000 positive votes) I am now a Top 500 amazon reviewer.
Even though I only have like 22 reviews total.

Anyway, Amazon invited me a few days ago to the Amazon Vine program which is accessible to "top reviewers only". While in the program Amazon sends you pre-release books, movies, and other items for free, and you are supposed to review them. Then the items are yours to keep.

Sounds pretty awesome except that the list of items they have this month was pretty lame (mostly books from unknown authors). Not a single science fiction book either, which is my favorite genre. They did have some 24-packs of energy drinks, but those were all out of stock...

So anyone else here a member of this program?

- The hardest thing about getting a Mac is telling your parents that you're gay.

- If I had the choice between being gay and owning a Mac, I would rather be gay, because if I owned a Mac I would be both gay and own a horrible computer.

- Imagine a giant cock flying towards your mouth, and there's nothing you can do about it. And you're like "Oh man, I'm gonna have to suck this thing", and you brace yourself to suck this giant cock. But then, at the last moment, it changes trajectory and hits you in the eye. You think to yourself "Well, at least I got that out of the way", but then the giant cock rears back and stabs your eye again, and again, and again. Eventually, this giant cock is penetrating your gray matter, and you begin to lose control of your motor skills. That's when the giant cock slaps you across the cheek, causing you to fall out of your chair. Unable to move and at your most vulnerable, the giant cock finally lodges itself in your anus, where it rests comfortably for 4, maybe 5 hours. That's what using Mac OSX is like.
genci88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2009, 08:53 PM   #2
bete
Huh?

bete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Don't even know what it is but I am one of the last of the Luddites.

There is no gray area. There is right and wrong and I will decide which side your on.
bete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2009, 08:58 PM   #3
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by genci88 View Post
Anyway, Amazon invited me a few days ago to the Amazon Vine program which is accessible to "top reviewers only". While in the program Amazon sends you pre-release books, movies, and other items for free, and you are supposed to review them. Then the items are yours to keep.
I hope they will send you a game with DRM to review.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 12, 2009, 09:07 PM   #4
genci88
lololololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post

I see that Amazon has sent Vine members expensive electronics as well in the past. My anti-DRM involvement has finally paid off!!!

For example look at this MS webcam. Under the reviewers name (all of them!) it mentions Amazon Vine (which basically means that the item was given to the reviewer for free):

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-RLA-...pr_product_top

Damn, I hope they have something good next month.

- The hardest thing about getting a Mac is telling your parents that you're gay.

- If I had the choice between being gay and owning a Mac, I would rather be gay, because if I owned a Mac I would be both gay and own a horrible computer.

- Imagine a giant cock flying towards your mouth, and there's nothing you can do about it. And you're like "Oh man, I'm gonna have to suck this thing", and you brace yourself to suck this giant cock. But then, at the last moment, it changes trajectory and hits you in the eye. You think to yourself "Well, at least I got that out of the way", but then the giant cock rears back and stabs your eye again, and again, and again. Eventually, this giant cock is penetrating your gray matter, and you begin to lose control of your motor skills. That's when the giant cock slaps you across the cheek, causing you to fall out of your chair. Unable to move and at your most vulnerable, the giant cock finally lodges itself in your anus, where it rests comfortably for 4, maybe 5 hours. That's what using Mac OSX is like.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 09:40 PM   #5
Cartigan
Banned

Cartigan is still being judged by the masses

I hate you. I want in for free junk.
Cartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2009, 09:44 PM   #6
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

so let me get this straight, you are going to get something for free because you prevented people from buying a game with DRM from amazon and because you prevented amazon from making money in the process?

congratulations on your help to the economy?

What is Amazon Vine™?

Amazon Vine™ is a program that enables a select group of Amazon customers to post opinions about new and pre-release items to help their fellow customers make educated purchase decisions. Customers are invited to become Amazon Vine™ Voices based on the trust they have earned in the Amazon community for writing accurate and insightful reviews. Amazon provides Amazon Vine™ members with free copies of products that have been submitted to the program by vendors. Amazon does not influence the opinions of Amazon Vine™ members, nor do we modify or edit their reviews.

Quote:
Old Apr 12, 2009, 09:47 PM   #7
genci88
lololololol

Quote:
so let me get this straight, you are going to get something for free because you prevented people from buying a game with DRM from amazon and because you prevented amazon from making money in the process?
Again, !

But seriously, Amazon will be losing much more money in the future (than these individual lost sales), if this DRM trend continues. Amazon makes a lot of money (though fees) from the third party second hand market, and DRM effectively kills that market.

So, from a business perspective the anti-DRM reviews are a good thing for Amazon.

Last edited by genci88 : Apr 12, 2009 at 09:53 PM.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 09:48 PM   #8
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Again, !
you bastardo.
I hope you are proud.
Quote:
Old Apr 13, 2009, 09:27 PM   #9
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
But seriously, Amazon will be losing much more money in the future (than these individual lost sales), if this DRM trend continues. Amazon makes a lot of money (though fees) from the third party second hand market, and DRM effectively kills that market.

So, from a business perspective the anti-DRM reviews are a good thing for Amazon.
in the short term, Amazon is losing money because of your review though.

people that I believe messed up the economy:
1-Bush
2-People that voted for Bush not once but twice.
3-Republicans
4-Genci88
Quote:
Old Apr 13, 2009, 09:38 PM   #10
coyote81
Radeon R420

coyote81 is still being judged by the masses

Lmao nomore, anyway never heard of this. It sounds pretty neat and I should review my items better next time

Anyway congrats man, sounds like your in a sweet deal.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 02:48 PM   #11
genci88
lololololol

Quote:
I think you work for Amazon. They are sending me Corel Painter 11 (I'll stay on topic when I review it, but I WILL cut a star if it comes with DRM.).

I am also getting a brand new Creative Live! Cam Pro webcam. Everything totally free. Not a bad grab considering this is my first monthly offer.

Last edited by genci88 : Apr 16, 2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 09:03 PM   #12
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I think you work for Amazon.

Quote:
They are sending me Corel Painter 11 (I'll stay on topic when I review it, but I WILL cut a star if it comes with DRM.).

I am also getting a brand new Creative Live! Cam Pro webcam. Everything totally free. Not a bad grab considering this is my first monthly offer.
congratulations though.
that Corel program looks very expensive, so if you don't use it you can probably sell it and make some money.
Quote:
Old Apr 22, 2009, 09:10 PM   #13
genci88
lololololol

Quote:

congratulations though.
that Corel program looks very expensive, so if you don't use it you can probably sell it and make some money.
I'll probably use it, since Photoshop sucks at painting. Plus it's against the rules to sell (or even donate) the stuff they send you.

Old Apr 22, 2009, 10:29 PM   #14
genci88
lololololol

Hmm, I just installed Painter 11, and wasn't required to activate (I disabled my NIC to make sure). Interesting. I could swear that Corel's latest stuff came with DRM. Guess I was wrong. However, there was a "Dear Reviewer..." letter from Corel in the package, so maybe they sent me a DRM-free special copy?

Oh well. At least now I won't be removing any points due to DRM.

Old Apr 27, 2009, 08:41 PM   #15
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Plus it's against the rules to sell (or even donate) the stuff they send you.
that sucks, sorry to hear that.
but I wonder whether they can track it or not.

Quote:
Hmm, I just installed Painter 11, and wasn't required to activate (I disabled my NIC to make sure). Interesting. I could swear that Corel's latest stuff came with DRM. Guess I was wrong. However, there was a "Dear Reviewer..." letter from Corel in the package, so maybe they sent me a DRM-free special copy?

Oh well. At least now I won't be removing any points due to DRM.
they were probably afraid of you, so they removed the DRM specially for you.
Quote:
Old Apr 27, 2009, 08:55 PM   #16
genci88
lololololol

Quote:
that sucks, sorry to hear that.
but I wonder whether they can track it or not.

they were probably afraid of you, so they removed the DRM specially for you.

According to users on Vine's official forum, all other reviewers got special DRM-free copies too. Meh, whatever. That's perfect for me anyway, since the software itself is pretty good.

As for selling, I don't think I wanna take any chances. I am greedy, but not THAT greedy.

Old Apr 27, 2009, 09:07 PM   #17
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
According to users on Vine's official forum, all other reviewers got special DRM-free copies too.
thats what they want you to believe.

Quote:
I am greedy, but not THAT greedy.
now that is hard to believe.
Quote:
Old Apr 27, 2009, 09:39 PM   #18
neight
Radeon R420

neight is still being judged by the masses

Lucky. I only got 23 upvotes on my anti-DRM review for the Riddick PC game and I was one of the first people that posted a review for that game. It's very easy to get upvotes when your reviews are anti-DRM. Gotta work on my anger better for my next anti-DRM review to get more upvotes.

Last edited by neight : Apr 27, 2009 at 09:49 PM.
neight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2009, 10:04 PM   #19
genci88
lololololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by neight View Post
Lucky. I only got 23 upvotes on my anti-DRM review for the Riddick PC game and I was one of the first people that posted a review for that game. It's very easy to get upvotes when your reviews are anti-DRM. Gotta work on my anger better for my next anti-DRM review to get more upvotes.
Yeah, I wrote a negative review on Riddick too, and likewise it didn't get many votes.

My Spore review became that popular, simply because it was featured on major tech publications for some reason ( ). Additionally, Spore had over 3000 anti-DRM reviews (extremely popular), while Riddick only 100.

Old Apr 27, 2009, 10:21 PM   #20
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by neight View Post
better luck next time but you just can't be angry like Genci about DRM period.
Quote: