Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Radeon Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Technical Support Radeon technical support forum for all Radeon products from the classic Radeon to the latest cutting edge family of graphics cards.

Old Nov 7, 2008, 11:11 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
littrellii

littrellii is still being judged by the masses

Default Problem with using 2 video cards

I have installed 2 video cards in my machine in order to use my three monitors. The first card is a Radeon HD 2400Pro (PCI Express) and the second card is a Radeon HD 2400Pro (PCI). Long story long, I was running Windows XP with 2 different video cards and everything was fine. I swiched to Windows XP Professional x64 Edition and had no driver support for my secondary card. I ordered the 2 new cards and installed them.

OK now for the problem. The PCI Express card is working fine but the PCI card is not even showing up in Device Manager. There is something showing up that I have not seen before. It is PCI Standard PCI-to-PCI Bridge.

Any help getting the second card to work would be great. I don't want to have to switch back to the 32 bit OS.

Motherboard: Supermicro X6DAL-TB2
Processor: 2 dual core Intel Xeon CPU's 3.20GHz
Memory: 5GB
Primary Video card: Radeon HD 2400PRO (PCI Express)
Secondary Video card: Radeon HD 2400PRO (PCI)

I am not sure if you need any other info.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 04:59 PM   #2
littrellii

littrellii is still being judged by the masses

After some testing it looks like the card may be bad. I tried it in different slots and also tested the slots and it never did show up in device manager.
I also booted under my Windows XP 32bit OS with the same results.