Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 4, 2019, 09:18 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2019, 09:24 PM   #62
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Reviews are finally starting to roll in and just as most of us found out by playing the beta, this game sucks balls.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/play...akpoint?ref=hp
https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/gho.../1900-6417330/

One of the lowest-rated Tom Clancy games ever... thanks Ubisoft.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 10:20 PM   #63
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Evileh likes it though
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 4, 2019, 11:58 PM   #64
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Evileh likes it though
I mean, it's ok
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2019, 12:49 AM   #65
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
I mean, it's ok
We know how much you like playing turds. Own it
Old Oct 5, 2019, 05:58 PM   #66
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Old Oct 5, 2019, 09:01 PM   #67
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Sad thing is that Breakpoint will probably sell more than the entire splinter cell series.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 02:14 PM   #68
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Some peeps say it's not as good looking as wildlands. True? How's performance for you?
It’s about the same. Performance is roughly equal as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
This game worth 50 cock slaps?
Nope. $25 - $30 at most. New scenery but more of the same as wildlands. I’m basically using it as filler until the new Star Wars game comes out in about a month.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2019, 03:37 PM   #69
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
It’s about the same. Performance is roughly equal as well.

Nope. $25 - $30 at most. New scenery but more of the same as wildlands. I’m basically using it as filler until the new Star Wars game comes out in about a month.
I'm hoping Ubisoft will put this on sale by Thanksgiving.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2019, 01:48 PM   #70
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Reviews have been brutal.

yoz
Old Oct 7, 2019, 02:19 PM   #71
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Reviews have been brutal.
Yeah, I was just reading those. "Microtransaction hell" is the phrase used most often. People need to send publishers a message and stop buying this crap.

It would be like going to a movie, where the basic price let's you stand up back against the wall. You would pay extra for a seat, or a seat with a cushion, or a seat with a cushion and a cup holder, with a different price per row and aisle. It's beyond stupid. It's offensive.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2019, 04:16 PM   #72
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Yeah, I was just reading those. "Microtransaction hell" is the phrase used most often. People need to send publishers a message and stop buying this crap.

It would be like going to a movie, where the basic price let's you stand up back against the wall. You would pay extra for a seat, or a seat with a cushion, or a seat with a cushion and a cup holder, with a different price per row and aisle. It's beyond stupid. It's offensive.
I haven't seen anything for sale which would be considered "must buy", gamebreaking, or that would provide a major advantage to anyone using it.

I'm all for a boycott if it's something which changes the gameplay in any meaningful fashion. In this case I haven't see anything like that though.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Old Oct 7, 2019, 04:28 PM   #73
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
I haven't seen anything for sale which would be considered "must buy", gamebreaking, or that would provide a major advantage to anyone using it.

I'm all for a boycott if it's something which changes the gameplay in any meaningful fashion. In this case I haven't see anything like that though.
That's good to know. The reviews I've read made it sounds like "pay to win" or "pay to enjoy it at all"
Old Oct 7, 2019, 04:47 PM   #74
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Quote:
That's good to know. The reviews I've read made it sounds like "pay to win" or "pay to enjoy it at all"
Nah, not at all.

It's just Wildlands without the AI squad. Not bad, not great - just more of the same.

Alpha

Omega

Old Oct 7, 2019, 04:50 PM   #75
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
I think I read Ubi pulled that out first day of release but it was there for a bit.

yoz
Old Oct 7, 2019, 06:36 PM   #76
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Nah, not at all.

It's just Wildlands without the AI squad. Not bad, not great - just more of the same.
Quote:
I think I read Ubi pulled that out first day of release but it was there for a bit.
Gotcha.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 08:21 PM   #77
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Game sold bad and Ubi shares tanked.

Quote:
Ubisoft blamed the downgrades on lower sales expectations for two Tom Clancy games, “Ghost Recon: Breakpoint” and “The Division 2.” Their underperformance led it to push back the release dates of “Gods & Monsters,” “Rainbow Six Quarantine,” and “Watch Dogs: Legion” into its next financial year.
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/u...ys-2019-10/amp
Old Oct 27, 2019, 09:28 PM   #78
KAC
That postcount though...

No Ass Creed. No share price.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 09:38 PM   #79
Fleksta
Radeon R700

Fleksta is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post

Not surprised, they marketed the game as a stealth survival shooter and instead just gave us a generic Wildlands reskin.
Fleksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2019, 10:00 PM   #80
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post

Play stupid games win stupid prizes....

wait what!?

:D

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2019, 01:44 PM   #81
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyiji View Post
Play stupid games win stupid prizes....

wait what!?

:D
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2019, 01:51 PM   #82
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleksta View Post
Not surprised, they marketed the game as a stealth survival shooter and instead just gave us a generic Wildlands reskin.
I would not even mind a Wildlands re-skin but it's not even that, no AI squad, nothing.

yoz
Old Oct 29, 2019, 01:36 PM   #83
acroig
Master Troll

Default Update from Ubisoft

https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/game...moving-forward

My personal issue:

4. AI Teammates

We announced at E3 2019 that AI Teammates would come back to Ghost Recon Breakpoint, and they will. Ghost Recon Breakpoint was designed from the ground up to be enjoyed in co-op up to four players, and as an innovative pure solo experience. As such, adding back AI Teammates to the game is a major undertaking that will still require time. We will update you as we progress towards their release.

yoz
Old Oct 29, 2019, 07:11 PM   #84
KAC
That postcount though...

Let’s hope they aren’t as brilliant as Wildlands.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 09:42 PM   #85
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Let’s hope they aren’t as brilliant as Wildlands.
They were helpful in clearing out bases, I'll take them.

yoz
Old Nov 1, 2019, 10:20 AM   #86
acroig
Master Troll

Ghost Recon: Breakpoint - on sale @ Ubi, $48 for standard edition.

I'm tempted as I enjoyed Wildlands. What you guys think?

yoz
Old Nov 1, 2019, 11:01 AM   #87
Fleksta
Radeon R700

Fleksta is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

If you enjoyed Wildlands and go into it just wanting more of the same...then you will probably like it. I got bored quickly; but I wanted the stealth survival game that the trailer had teased. The squad AI is gone, but even on extreme it is easy to clear bases if you do it methodically.
Fleksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2019, 04:05 PM   #88
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleksta View Post
If you enjoyed Wildlands and go into it just wanting more of the same...then you will probably like it. I got bored quickly; but I wanted the stealth survival game that the trailer had teased. The squad AI is gone, but even on extreme it is easy to clear bases if you do it methodically.
Agreed.

You can literally lead an entire base into a killbox and just annihilate them with no effort. Just find and kill the guy who can call in reinforcements and then go to town.

Alpha

Omega

Old Nov 1, 2019, 06:21 PM   #89
acroig
Master Troll

Yeah, I picked it up. One hour in, liking it so far, missing AI buddies though. Looks good.

yoz
Old Nov 1, 2019, 08:01 PM   #90
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:

Quote:
Yeah, I picked it up. One hour in, liking it so far, missing AI buddies though. Looks good.
you are kidding right? its such a bad game that it literally broke their company. Sales were some of the worst they ever had and their profit for the quarter went down 94%, do you not pay attention to any gaming news or anything? The games almost as bad as fallout 76.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote