Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Closed Thread

Old Mar 6, 2018, 03:08 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Default Half life 3

So looks like it might legit be October. Do you think that portal dude is gonna get fired? Think its legit?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/co...ked_by_portal/
Old Mar 6, 2018, 03:32 PM   #2
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Couple of things:
1) Valve hasn't been to E3 for years. They aren't listed this year https://www.e3expo.com/participating-companies So bullshit meter is at about 8/10
2) Valve news network is not affiliated with valve, it's just some kid running a channel for hits. So bullshit meter hits 9/10
3) He had nothing to lose by posting a rumor. If it's false people will just forget, but he'll get lots of hits in the meantime. BS meter = 10/10

It's fake, HL3 is not coming this year and probably not coming for at least a decade, if at all.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 03:39 PM   #3
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I don't know what this is, but I don't think a significant portion of the remnant Half-Life community is currently under an NDA, forbidden to talk about a Half-Life 3. So I'm going to go with "bullshit" on this one.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 6, 2018, 03:58 PM   #4
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Couple of things:
1) Valve hasn't been to E3 for years. They aren't listed this year https://www.e3expo.com/participating-companies So bullshit meter is at about 8/10
2) Valve news network is not affiliated with valve, it's just some kid running a channel for hits. So bullshit meter hits 9/10
3) He had nothing to lose by posting a rumor. If it's false people will just forget, but he'll get lots of hits in the meantime. BS meter = 10/10

It's fake, HL3 is not coming this year and probably not coming for at least a decade, if at all.
This. Close thread.

yoz
Old Mar 6, 2018, 04:04 PM   #5
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I have permanently filed HL3 hopes under "It would be nice to see, but..." and just left it at that.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 04:06 PM   #6
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I have permanently filed HL3 hopes under "It would be nice to see, but..." and just left it at that.
Yes, never gonna happen unless Valve sells the IP to someone else.

yoz
Old Mar 6, 2018, 04:10 PM   #7
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Think anyone would pony up what valve would want for the rights?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 08:58 PM   #8
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Jkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
So looks like it might legit be October. Do you think that portal dude is gonna get fired? Think its legit?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/co...ked_by_portal/
Dude idk what your going on about they released half life 3 using the "script" engine last year.
Antec Sonata 3|AMD Athlon 860k|Gigabyte F2A88XM-D3H|8 gig Cruical Ballistic DDR3 1600|MSI GTX 660ti 2gb PE |LG Blu-Ray Drive/DVD Burner| ASUS XONAR DGX|Western Digital Caviar Blue 1tb |Crucial M500 240gb SSD|Corisar T2 Heatsink| Logitech K840 |Razer DeathAdder 3.5g|Xbox One S Controller| Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick| Dell U2410F | Dell 2007FP| Creative T20 2.0 speakers| Windows 8.1 Pro x64 |PS3 Slim 120gb|PS4 Slim 1tb| Moto E4 w/ 64gb memory card
Old Mar 6, 2018, 09:58 PM   #9
WarlorD721
Jizzlobber

WarlorD721 is still being judged by the masses

I am hoping that Project Borealis (Epistle 3) does come to fruition though, they seem to be working diligently on it...
Old Mar 6, 2018, 10:33 PM   #10
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Or if a modder/modding team starts making what they'll label as Half-Life 3, and Valve ends up being impressed by it, and hires the modding team to work on it.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 01:27 AM   #11
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

shut up and take my money!
Old Mar 7, 2018, 04:40 AM   #12
ATI FURY-OUS
WYSIWYG

ATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

probably will be a VR only game.

also far better games than HL have been released now. dont care about HL now

i5 4690, Gainward GTX970 Phantom, 16gb ram, Gigabyte Z97X UDH3 mobo
Old Mar 7, 2018, 08:00 AM   #13
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

Even if this was real - which I highly doubt it is - my response is: Yawn.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 08:29 AM   #14
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

If HL3 were to come out I would have a hard time justify buying before it hit the bargain bin. Valve showed a lot of disrespect to the gaming community with how they acted on the HL series (set up a cliff hanger ending and then basically left us hanging), and much as I'd like to see the series concluded I don't want to reward their behavior.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 09:58 AM   #15
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird sings

One glowing review of HL3 and I'm begging Valve to take my money.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:55 PM   #16
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

I never really saw the appeal of Half-Life. Were they good games? Yes, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut I don't find myself caring if they release are part 3 or not...ever.

Besides, they are just going to stuff dlcs, loot boxes, early access, and pay walls into it like all other games have these days anyway (if they ever make it). Gone are the days of a fully complete, structured game on release.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:56 PM   #17
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
I never really saw the appeal of Half-Life. Were they good games? Yes, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut I don't find myself caring if they release are part 3 or not...ever.

Besides, they are just going to stuff dlcs, loot boxes, early access, and pay walls into it like all other games have these days anyway (if they ever make it). Gone are the days of a fully complete, structured game on release.
Not gone, just not as prevalent as they used to be. Prey is a great example.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 01:03 AM   #18
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Meh Valve is more likely to release a VR or e-sports title. Its all about money now. As if they didnt have enough already with Steam. Rumor is tho MS wanted to buy Steam... Id rather they sell their game IP and let some decent studio make new HL or LFD games.

Bethesda could do it.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.9.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.9.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
Old Mar 13, 2018, 02:13 AM   #19
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

You know, there has not been anything really pushing vr yet. Like, there have been some decent titles, but most things are pretty average. Vr would make sense as a new medium to push hl3 through on, wouldnt have any competitors.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Mar 13, 2018, 03:10 AM   #20
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Its all about money now.
lol, really... now it's all about money..
Old Mar 13, 2018, 05:25 AM   #21
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

HL3 can eat a dick.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 07:46 AM   #22
ATI FURY-OUS
WYSIWYG

ATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
HL3 can eat a dick.
gabe and valve can /and do!

i hate steam, so much crap on it and i find it cumbersome and bloated to use but its a cash cow for valve

i5 4690, Gainward GTX970 Phantom, 16gb ram, Gigabyte Z97X UDH3 mobo
Old Mar 13, 2018, 08:01 AM   #23
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Rumor is tho MS wanted to buy Steam...
Steam is privately owned, so I think MS would have a hard time trying to buy Valve / Steam...
Old Mar 13, 2018, 11:45 AM   #24
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
Steam is privately owned, so I think MS would have a hard time trying to buy Valve / Steam...
Depends if Gaben wants his billions now and to get out.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:34 AM   #25
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
HL3 can eat a dick.
KAC feels personally attacked when he hates a franchise that 95/100 people love.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:44 AM   #26
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

lol wut?
Old Mar 14, 2018, 01:57 AM   #27
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

It's been tooooooo long.

I'm willing to bet that 1/4 of the gamers out there have never heard of half life or really even care.

Now, I could see them re-releasing with better graphics for more money like Skyrim.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 06:11 PM   #28
borat
Radeon R700

borat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
lol wut?
You're right, he's way off. Should have mentioned you like HL1.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 11:50 AM   #29
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

HL3 is the new Duke Nukem Forever.

By the time it comes out (if it does at all) the gaming landscape will have changed and the game itself will become some mediocre half assed feeling project stuck between what it was supposed to be like (plays like a HL sequal), what it wants to be like (GOAT FPS) and what it needed to be like (whatever the gaming landscape is like at the time of release).
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:22 PM   #30
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Duke Nukem Forever was actually in development.

Half Life 3 is not.

Valve can go from design to retail for Half Life 3 in less than 3 years if they wanted to, they have no problems churning out a game. They've just found it easier to just collect money rather than build new games.

The incentive just isn't there anymore for them. Whatever money they make from Half Life 3 would be dwarfed by whatever they're making now just from Steam.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Closed Thread