Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Jun 9, 2003, 01:47 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
kjetil

kjetil is still being judged by the masses

Default Sapphire or Hercules

I'm going to buy a new card, and I'm not sure which I want to buy of:

Hercules 3D Prophet 9800PRO 256MB DDR2
AGP,ATI 9800PRO,TV-Out/DVI, Bulk
NOK: 6.426,-

or

Sapphire Radeon 9800 Atlantis PRO 256MB
AGP, ATI 9800PRO, DVI, TV-Out, Retail
NOK: 5.139,-

I see that I would get a Sapphire-card in retail-version a lot more cheaper then the Hercules-card. What is the main difference between those cards?
kjetil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2003, 09:01 AM   #2
Bomb&Run
King Tut

Bomb&Run is still being judged by the masses

Sapphire caz dint see many complains against it and its cheap could a main diff.
Old Jun 9, 2003, 02:56 PM   #3
SmuvMoney
Radeon R600

SmuvMoney is still being judged by the masses

Default Go for the cheaper one unless the bundle is better

Even though I have a Hercules 9800 Pro 128, I'd lean towards the Sapphire based on price. However, you may want to check out each bundle. My retail card came with Raven Shield along with all the other "normal" retail goodies (VGA <-> DVI adapter, own power cord, driver CD, some other stuff I've forgotten ). I don't know if the Sapphire bundle comes with any games or not. That may be the difference right there. Then again, if you're going OEM, then this is a nonissue.

$muvMoney
John 14:27 & Numbers 6:24

Athlon 64 3500+ 939 | Epox 9NDA3+ | 1 GB Corsair XMS RAM | Gigabyte X800 XT PE | Audigy 2 ZS | Samsung SATA 120 GB HD
3com Etherlink 3C905C-TX | USR 56K PCI Modem | Thermaltake Tsumani Case | Thermaltake Silent Purepower 410W PSU
SmuvMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 9, 2003, 03:12 PM   #4
DarkPretender
Radeon Volcanic Islands

DarkPretender is still being judged by the masses

Ya know...I used to belive that picking one or the other would make or break the perforamce of the card. But after a few reviews and such, I realized that the cards are not different enough to make a difference in performance. The only main difference is the bundle of stuff that comes with it. I THINK that only seller that does somthing different with the card is PowerColor...who uses faster memory. As for the rest? The color of the board and heatsink/fan are different. Somtimes ram sinks are put on. I guess my point is, it doesn't matter, go with what is cheaper.
DarkPretender is offline   Reply With Quote