Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old May 25, 2018, 09:29 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Default Essential Phone 2 has reportedly been canceled

https://www.theverge.com/2018/5/24/1...rs-sale-report

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-consider-sale

Quote:
Quote:
Essential has canceled plans to develop a second phone and is exploring selling off the entire company, according to Bloomberg. Much of the details remain up in the air. Talks of a sale sound like they aren’t very far along, and the report says that Essential still has plans for future products.

One thing that does sound certain is that Essential’s second phone — at least as it was originally planned — isn’t going to happen. Bloomberg says the development was canceled and that engineers are now working on a smart home product, which is supposed to be released next year. That may be the Echo competitor that Essential announced a year ago, but which we haven’t heard a word about since.
Well crap.
Old May 25, 2018, 10:41 AM   #2
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Yea it unfortunately didn't sell very well. It is from my understanding the Essential Phone kinda rocks. But them choosing to cut back on the camera, haunted the phone.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2018, 10:50 AM   #3
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I like my Essential so much I bought one for my wife, and she loves hers too. Hopefully this is a temporary setback, Andy Rubin did respond to this saying they have multiple products in development, and sometimes they get cancelled.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 25, 2018, 11:41 AM   #4
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Yea it unfortunately didn't sell very well. It is from my understanding the Essential Phone kinda rocks. But them choosing to cut back on the camera, haunted the phone.
I've had multiple people tell me that going to an S9 would be mostly a sidegrade, mostly. I love mine and was (am) really hoping to see what improvements were (are?) on the drawing board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I like my Essential so much I bought one for my wife, and she loves hers too. Hopefully this is a temporary setback, Andy Rubin did respond to this saying they have multiple products in development, and sometimes they get cancelled.
I sure hope he doesn't completely give up on it. Android users that pay high end premiums but only use 30% of the devices capability should have profited massively from the PH1. Should have....
Old May 29, 2018, 09:29 AM   #5
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

A decent concept... but trying to build flagship phones at niche production levels means you don't get good bulk pricing on flagship level components.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:02 AM   #6
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

What camera app do you guys use? Did you stick with the default camera app? I have read a few reviews hat said it is a good idea to get an 3rd party camera app.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 11:07 AM   #7
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
What camera app do you guys use? Did you stick with the default camera app? I have read a few reviews hat said it is a good idea to get an 3rd party camera app.
I've always used the stock one, but I don't really do any kind of remotely serious photography.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2018, 12:36 PM   #8
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Stock camera app here. I grabbed a dslr for anything remotely serious.