Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Jan 23, 2020, 08:33 PM   #271
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Good luck brotha! That's my favorite color as well.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2020, 08:40 PM   #272
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Same color as my old A4 and has the virtual cockpit, which is AWESOME.

Sweet ride at a great price. Nice job dude! Enjoy the hell out of it. I miss mine every day.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2020, 09:42 AM   #273
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Just signed my life away. Dealer told me they're trying to have the car picked up tomorrow or Saturday. Best I can tell it's a 2-4 day trip, so hoping to have the car here early next week!
Car shipping unless you are going coast to coast, should be 2, maybe 3 days at the max once the car is loaded unless the driver has a mechanical issue. It usually takes longer for the shipper to arrive to load the car than it does to get to the destination.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 24, 2020, 09:56 AM   #274
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
Same color as my old A4 and has the virtual cockpit, which is AWESOME.

Sweet ride at a great price. Nice job dude! Enjoy the hell out of it. I miss mine every day.
Besides price, virtual cockpit is why I went with the S3 instead of a Golf R. For some reason the 7 speed DSG Golf R's are more expensive than the same S3's. I'm assuming the main reason is hype.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2020, 06:18 PM   #275
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
I believe if the first offer isn't good it goes to arbitration, which is binding.
Gotcha. I hope it doesn't come to that.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2020, 09:32 PM   #276
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Offer didn't come in today, assuming they're waiting till the last possible minute, just like with the "final" repair.

Meanwhile, my truck's USB port in the arm rest (main one I use) stopped accepting plugs despite no obstruction that I can find, and today it literally fell inside the hole. Now my truck is just being petty.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 10:36 PM   #277
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Man that's a giant piece of ****.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2020, 11:46 AM   #278
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Offer didn't come in today, assuming they're waiting till the last possible minute, just like with the "final" repair.

Meanwhile, my truck's USB port in the arm rest (main one I use) stopped accepting plugs despite no obstruction that I can find, and today it literally fell inside the hole. Now my truck is just being petty.
It's decided to punish you because you didn't get a Caddy, you traitor!

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2020, 06:06 PM   #279
Elysian
SCAATSJW

The Audi dealer told me they put out the notice to dispatch to ship the car, but if it didn't ship Saturday it wouldn't be till Monday, so I'm guessing Monday for that too.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 09:56 PM   #280
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

I'm sorry that you're suffering, but that is just really funny.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 10:03 PM   #281
wazman
Resident Curmudgeon

wazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
I'm sorry that you're suffering, but that is just really funny.
I have to agree... I don't even have remote keyless entry on my truck, but oh, the inhumanity of a USB plug falling out.

Some superglue will probably fix that right up, Karen.

RIP, Hannibal. RIP, Shadow. RIP, Mitchell. RIP, Annie. RIP, Jones.
wazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2020, 09:01 AM   #282
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazman View Post
I have to agree... I don't even have remote keyless entry on my truck, but oh, the inhumanity of a USB plug falling out.

Some superglue will probably fix that right up, Karen.
Seriously, this. My '07 Silverado Z71 has plasticky bits falling apart, but you expect that from a 13 year old vehicle.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2020, 08:21 AM   #283
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Just got word my car is scheduled to be picked up this morning.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 07:36 PM   #284
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Whelp. BBB called me at lunch. GM has not made an offer yet, so BBB is going to schedule the arbitration hearing for some time in February. I will have to take the truck to the hearing, let the arbitrator inspect it and possibly drive it, and explain why I think it needs to be bought back.

If the arbitrator finds in my favor, GM can't dismiss it. GM can also make an offer all the way up to the day of arbitration, though knowing how they've been through this process I doubt that happens.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 08:56 PM   #285
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Pray the arbitrator is a Ford fan.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2020, 12:29 AM   #286
kytprice
Autism Awareness

kytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Hope it goes good for you. Whenever I would have a mechanic look or listen to a car of mine they wouldn't do a thing. Then pulling out of the lot start clunking again. Like they were possessed.
kytprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2020, 09:08 AM   #287
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Reading about Elysian's experience makes me really want to avoid GM cars in the future. They clearly don't stand behind their products. I'm supposed to take my Silverado to the dealer next weekend to have them look at the warning lights on my dash (TPMS and Airbag). Not looking forward to it. Hope I'm wrong. It's perfectly drive-able, but I have no idea if the airbags will deploy in a crash. Probably not. Since it's all computerized, there aren't any independent mechanics in my area that will touch those functions.

Meanwhile, every experience I've had with Toyota dealerships and vehicles has been positive. 10/10 will buy again.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2020, 09:56 AM   #288
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Reading about Elysian's experience makes me really want to avoid GM cars in the future. They clearly don't stand behind their products.
I hesitated posting about this, but two weeks ago my girlfriend's 2013 Equinox broke down and she ended up having to call AAA and have it towed to the dealer after hours. While waiting for the tow truck I showed up to give things a look over. Based on the massive amount of oil undercoating the bottom and the location of the source I had assumed the rear main seal had blown. I researched the issue and determined that there is a known flaw with these vehicles (2.4l engine) and that GM even issued a bulletin/special coverage for 10 years/120k miles. What happens is the PCV system freezes and causes extreme pressure causing the seal to blow:

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...90101-2280.pdf

I noted both the issue and the above bulletin on the form/envelope used for the after hours dropoff. The next day the dealer confirmed my suspicions but then said that they have bad news and that the VIN of my girlfriend's Equinox was not on their list. Due to this she is now stuck paying over $2000 to have her car repaired.

Doing additional research online there are dozens if not hundreds of posts where people detail this exact issue who are also told their VIN is not covered and they are stuck with the repair costs, despite it being the exact issue as detailed in GM's bulletin.

Needless to say we are waiting for it to be repaired and once she gets it back she is buying a different vehicle (which will not be a GM product despite the fact that it's all she has ever owned).
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2020, 10:15 AM   #289
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Wow, that's awful. Sorry ya'll are going through that.

Contact GM corporate.

Last edited by Elysian : Jan 28, 2020 at 12:03 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 10:15 AM   #290
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Reading about Elysian's experience makes me really want to avoid GM cars in the future. They clearly don't stand behind their products. I'm supposed to take my Silverado to the dealer next weekend to have them look at the warning lights on my dash (TPMS and Airbag). Not looking forward to it. Hope I'm wrong. It's perfectly drive-able, but I have no idea if the airbags will deploy in a crash. Probably not. Since it's all computerized, there aren't any independent mechanics in my area that will touch those functions.

Meanwhile, every experience I've had with Toyota dealerships and vehicles has been positive. 10/10 will buy again.
Lame that you don't have a mechanic in the area that can look into that. I'd avoid GM at all costs for anything else.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 10:16 AM   #291
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Damn that's a sweet ride!
Ya, rly.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2020, 10:18 AM   #292
Elysian
SCAATSJW

GM just called to pitch an offer, on the line with them while they try to also get the BBB on the line.

edit: They offered to warranty the transmission to 100k miles. Hard nope, considering all the other problems I've had with this truck as well. Have zero faith in it.

Last edited by Elysian : Jan 28, 2020 at 10:24 AM.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 10:42 AM   #293
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
GM just called to pitch an offer, on the line with them while they try to also get the BBB on the line.

edit: They offered to warranty the transmission to 100k miles. Hard nope, considering all the other problems I've had with this truck as well. Have zero faith in it.
Not even a lowballed buyback value? Just tried to give you "piece of mind" for a grenading transmission?

That's pretty insulting.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2020, 10:44 AM   #294
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
Not even a lowballed buyback value? Just tried to give you "piece of mind" for a grenading transmission?

That's pretty insulting.
Yeah, I reached out to a lawyer to see if they can help. If not, I'll just take it to arbitration and see where it lands me. If I don't succeed in arbitration then I'll just sell it and call it a day. I owe a bunch less than it's worth anyways.

Last edited by Elysian : Jan 29, 2020 at 04:24 PM. Reason: typo
Old Jan 29, 2020, 04:05 PM   #295
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Quote:
Yeah, I reached out to a lawyer to see if they can help. If not, I'll just take it to arbitration and see where it lands me. If I don't succeed in arbitration then I'll just sell it and call it a day. I own a bunch less than it's worth anyways.
Good idea on the lawyer.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 09:11 AM   #296
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Arbitration has been scheduled for Feb 19 at 9am. Lawyer stopped emailing me, so I guess not interested.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 12:18 PM   #297
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
I hesitated posting about this, but two weeks ago my girlfriend's 2013 Equinox broke down and she ended up having to call AAA and have it towed to the dealer after hours. While waiting for the tow truck I showed up to give things a look over. Based on the massive amount of oil undercoating the bottom and the location of the source I had assumed the rear main seal had blown. I researched the issue and determined that there is a known flaw with these vehicles (2.4l engine) and that GM even issued a bulletin/special coverage for 10 years/120k miles. What happens is the PCV system freezes and causes extreme pressure causing the seal to blow:

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...90101-2280.pdf

I noted both the issue and the above bulletin on the form/envelope used for the after hours dropoff. The next day the dealer confirmed my suspicions but then said that they have bad news and that the VIN of my girlfriend's Equinox was not on their list. Due to this she is now stuck paying over $2000 to have her car repaired.

Doing additional research online there are dozens if not hundreds of posts where people detail this exact issue who are also told their VIN is not covered and they are stuck with the repair costs, despite it being the exact issue as detailed in GM's bulletin.

Needless to say we are waiting for it to be repaired and once she gets it back she is buying a different vehicle (which will not be a GM product despite the fact that it's all she has ever owned).
Be super watchful over the oil usage.

GM had to extend a warranty because the rings they used are crapola and the 2.4L starts consuming oil at a scary rate.

DO not trust the OLM.

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2020, 03:02 PM   #298
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefoo21 View Post
Be super watchful over the oil usage.

GM had to extend a warranty because the rings they used are crapola and the 2.4L starts consuming oil at a scary rate.

DO not trust the OLM.
The car has already been "fixed" (two weeks and $2150 later).

On Saturday my girlfriend traded it in on a 2018 Ford Escape SEL 4WD with 8,000 miles. The dealership gave her $7500 for her trade (more than KBB and more than we ever thought she'd get) and $500 off the already decent price.

Bye bye GM/Chevy. Bye bye ticking time bomb Equinox.
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2020, 03:06 PM   #299
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
The car has already been "fixed" (two weeks and $2150 later).

On Saturday my girlfriend traded it in on a 2018 Ford Escape SEL 4WD with 8,000 miles. The dealership gave her $7500 for her trade (more than KBB and more than we ever thought she'd get) and $500 off the already decent price.

Bye bye GM/Chevy. Bye bye ticking time bomb Equinox.
Not a bad move, IMO. Sorry GM ripped you off like that.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 09:40 AM   #300
Elysian
SCAATSJW

While researching for my arbitration hearing, I found this article:

https://gm-techlink.com/?p=5754

Quote:
The transmission adapts can be reset and relearned on most vehicles. Clearing and relearning the shift adapts should not be considered a repair process and is intended to be performed only when a repair has been performed to the transmission.
One of the "repairs," this is literally all they did, they didn't do any repair just cleared the shift adapts and let it relearn. Per GM, that's not a repair.