Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jul 12, 2018, 10:16 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
GTwannabe
Radeon Evergreen

GTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default Cheap Android options

My dad shattered the screen on his hand-me-down Nexus 5. Not much sense trying to fix a 5 year old phone so what's a decent unlocked budget phone?
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2018, 10:23 AM   #2
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

What's the budget? Motorola has some great options, Android Central recommends the Moto G6 as the best budget phone.

Good list:

https://www.androidcentral.com/best-...android-phones

Last edited by Elysian : Jul 12, 2018 at 10:33 AM.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2018, 10:31 AM   #3
Silent-Runner
simply indescribable

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Honor 7X

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"If you must blink, do it now" Kubo

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:05 AM   #4
GTwannabe
Radeon Evergreen

GTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
What's the budget? Motorola has some great options, Android Central recommends the Moto G6 as the best budget phone.

Good list:

https://www.androidcentral.com/best-...android-phones
I'd say $200 or less. Refurb/used would also be an option.

My officemate has the Moto G6 and likes it but it's super slippery due to the glass back.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:07 AM   #5
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTwannabe View Post
I'd say $200 or less. Refurb/used would also be an option.

My officemate has the Moto G6 and likes it but it's super slippery due to the glass back.
I'd imagine most people would run a case.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:39 PM   #6
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Honor 7X, Moto G6 and Nokia 6.1 are all about in rage of $200. The Honor7x is often under $200 now. Hauwai's skin over android isn't exactly awesome though.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib -
4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(Yes, darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2018, 08:37 AM   #7
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Prime Day is coming up, not sure if there will be any phone deals but might be worth waiting since it's only 3 days from now.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:20 PM   #8
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

200$ us puts you close to a snapdragon 710 powered phone which is def nice for mid range specs in 2018.

Or get a 2 year old used flagship...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 18.8.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Asus 27" 1080p TN 1ms panel. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F23 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. XFX GTR BE RX 480 Cats 18.8.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 1 TB seagate 7200rpm. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2018, 11:07 AM   #9
GTwannabe
Radeon Evergreen

Going with the Moto E4. PITA sorting through the Amazon listings though. Some reviews say the "Unlocked" model is actually Verizon branded and locked. Might have to go with the Prime Exclusive Amazon lockscreen ad BS model.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 02:04 PM   #10
Elysian
SCAATSJW

The Essential will be $250 when Prime Day starts in an hour.

https://www.amazon.com/Essential-Pho.../dp/B074BWGRKH

Love mine so much I bought one for my wife, and she loves it too.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 02:54 PM   #11
GTwannabe
Radeon Evergreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
The Essential will be $250 when Prime Day starts in an hour.

https://www.amazon.com/Essential-Pho.../dp/B074BWGRKH

Love mine so much I bought one for my wife, and she loves it too.
Too big. 5.0" screen max.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 03:15 PM   #12
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Too big. 5.0" screen max.
It's a big screen but no bezel, it's tiny. Mine measures 5 5/8" x 2 7/8" with a case. The Moto E4 is physically bigger.

Essential:

141.5 x 71.1 x 7.8 mm (5.57 x 2.80 x 0.31 in)

E4:

144.7 x 72.3 x 9.3 mm (5.70 x 2.85 x 0.37 in)

It's literally smaller in every dimension.

Last edited by Elysian : Jul 16, 2018 at 03:24 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 08:27 PM   #13
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Jkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete stranger

The Moto E4 is a great choice, I've got it in use as my personal phone. Its decent for the price, no more and no less.
Antec Sonata 3|AMD Athlon 860k|Gigabyte F2A88XM-D3H|8 gig Cruical Ballistic DDR3 1600|MSI GTX 660ti 2gb PE |LG Blu-Ray Drive/DVD Burner| ASUS XONAR DGX|Western Digital Caviar Blue 1tb |Crucial M500 240gb SSD|Corisar T2 Heatsink|Ducky 1087 mechanical keyboard w/cherry brown switches|Razer DeathAdder 3.5g|Xbox One S Controller| Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick| Samsung 24D390 |Sony C520K| Dell 2007WFP| Creative T10 2.0 speakers| Windows 8.1 Pro x64 |PS3 Slim 120gb|PS4 Slim 1tb| Nokia Lumia 640 w/ 32gb Flash
Jkmetal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2018, 06:21 AM   #14
Eisberg
Wilted, brown, and slimey

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Going with the Moto E4. PITA sorting through the Amazon listings though. Some reviews say the "Unlocked" model is actually Verizon branded and locked. Might have to go with the Prime Exclusive Amazon lockscreen ad BS model.
I have one of those Prime Exclusive Amazon phones, the LG G6+. I love it. And I don't even have the lock screen ads anymore, neither do I have the Amazon widget on my phone either, I replaced that widget with a Weather Widget instead, that was easy to do just doing normal Widget stuff. Though I do not remember how I got rid of the Amazon lock screen ads, but what I do know it was nothing crazy, which means it was just some setting or app on the phone that I changed or got rid of by doing something normal.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2018, 11:11 AM   #15
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Assuming you purchased already, but if anyone else is interested, the Moto X4 is down to $200 on Newegg with a coupon.

https://www.thrifter.com/unlocked-moto-x4