Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Yesterday, 11:23 PM   #301
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Babel-17
Radeon R200

Babel-17 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBabel-17 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo-Ohki View Post
Star Trek TOS remastered on Netflix. There are some episodes I never got around watching...
Imo a must watch one is the episode written by Norman Spinrad, and guest starring the one person (William Windom) who could be acting with Shatner and yet still dominate the screen.

And the story is excellent, and holds up very well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Do...riginal_Series)

Yeah, they even had to give Windom's character a son, who'd play a major role in the first motion picture, because he was just that good. Very cool guy, he even graciously agreed to star in one of the Star Trek series that was developed by fans, and let them film in his house. Check out what was in his garage!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...yages_episodes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVCXw1xJFJ4
Babel-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:48 AM   #302
Ryo-Ohki
Cabbit

Ryo-Ohki is still being judged by the masses

Agreed, "Doomsday" is probably one of my favorites first watched it in the eighties and it made a lasting impression. As for TOS we didn't get the series aired on a national channel in full before 86. Even though I only saw about half/two thirds of it maybe?

I think I read about the connection between Matt Decker and William Decker in the TMP book by Roddenberry or the Encyclopedia, but AFAIK it was never mentioned in the movie itself ?

I'm quite fond of Balance of Terror, The Ultimate Computer, the City on the Edge of Forever (it's a bit disappointing they never reused the Guardian in canon, while it's been used extensively in books and other stories, your vid included ) and A Taste of Armageddon too... And of course The Trouble With Tribbles, only made better with the DS9 tie-in

Last edited by Ryo-Ohki : Today at 04:57 AM.
Ryo-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote