Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 5, 2013, 09:01 PM   #8791
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

RPG killed two snipers in a row the other night from about 200m. Feels good.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 02:21 AM   #8792
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Nice. Was playing Gulf of Oman on the weekend and we pushed the attackers back to spawn on the aircraft carrier. A fully loaded transport chopper was coming to shore getting shot at from every direction so in an attempt to evade the fire he flew low almost at ground level, and came right towards me. I was in prone and popped up with an RPG and took it out from about 10 meters directly in front of me, face to face with the pilot got 5 or 6 kills LoL. Rambo 3 moment ftw.
Old May 6, 2013, 05:22 AM   #8793
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

If you push the entire team to the carrier on oman and they have virtually no chance to recover. All you do is line up the apcs, tanks, jeeps etc on the shore line and enjoy the show.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 6, 2013, 10:04 AM   #8794
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
If you push the entire team to the carrier on oman and they have virtually no chance to recover. All you do is line up the apcs, tanks, jeeps etc on the shore line and enjoy the show.
that transport heli becomes a death trap. never understood why people go for it.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 02:00 PM   #8795
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
I'd just sit on the carrier and wait for the round to end then or quit and find another server. No idea why people even bother to try in those circumstances. Waste of time.
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 02:40 PM   #8796
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Yeah it was a massacre.
Old May 6, 2013, 07:28 PM   #8797
Quickstrike
Verification Required.

Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Damnit.. my previous reply disappeared .

Just installed the game for the first time. Averaging around 100fps with everything set to Ultra.
Are there any settings that I should turn down/off to be more competitive? I would rather kill more enemies than be distracted by environmental fx.

What FOV would you recommend for 4:3 aspect ratio @ 1600x1200 res?

Have any config file / command line recommendations?

Thanks.

Main PC : Intel Core i7 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS P8P67 Pro, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1866-DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Boost, Sound Blaster Zx, Klipsch 5.1 Ultras, Samsung 256GB 840 Pro SSD, 8TB Seagate Archive, 6TB WD Black, 4TB HGST, 3.0TB Seagate x 2, 1.5TB Seagate x 2, Corsair AX850W PSU, Cooler Master HAF 932, 21" NEC [email protected]

HTPC : Intel Core i5 3570K, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo, Asus Maximus V Gene, 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600-DDR3, ASUS 5850 Direct CU, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750W, Silverstone SG09B.

Virtual Server : Intel Core2Quad Q6600, Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme, Gigabyte P35-DS3R, 16GB OCZ DDR2, eVGA 8800GTX, 74GB Raptor, 500GB Seagate x 4, Intel Ethernet port x 4, Silverstone TJ06.
Quickstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 09:01 PM   #8798
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Just play with the FOV till it feels right. Many people recommend high FOV but I don't like the fish lense effect it creates.

MSAA is one feature that is pretty harsh on framerate, but if you are getting 100fps that seems more than enough for when action gets intense.
Old May 6, 2013, 10:00 PM   #8799
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickstrike View Post

Just installed the game for the first time. Averaging around 100fps with everything set to Ultra.
Are there any settings that I should turn down/off to be more competitive? I would rather kill more enemies than be distracted by environmental fx.

Thanks.
try using colour correct mode (colorblind mode). most of the "competitive" players on youtube use it. Overall, makes things easier to see imo. Try not to get too frustrated when you play online. The game has been out for a while now and people are getting good.

Last edited by bob saget : May 6, 2013 at 10:02 PM.
Old May 7, 2013, 12:32 PM   #8800
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickstrike View Post

Thanks.
Colorblind mode doesn't do sh^t . It only makes the icons on your screen a different color. (revive icons and that stuff) . Also makes the enemies on the minimap a little more visable, it's a darker red instead of the pale orange.
But color blind mode doesn't change ANY colors of the actual game.

Yes, i have settings for you bro, seeing as i'm pretty damned pro and all.

FOV . Well, that's a tricky one.

I play @ 105 .
Pros : You see more periphial , obviously .
Cons : When not ADS (aiming down sights), stuff is farther away.

For maps that you are likely to be attacked from all sides i personally would say put your FOV at 90 or above .

For corridor maps (metro, bazaar) , set it lower. You will be more "zoomed" in when not aiming down sights . Easier to see enemies.

Another thing about FOV that could be both considered good and bad, is that the lower you set the FOV, the slower the game feels , for obvious reasons.

Try it out, see what you like best, and remember, after changing it in options, you have to look down your sights and back again for it to take effect.

Things you should set to full if frames permit it :

Mesh quality . (set to ultra) , the higher the mesh ,the further stuff is drawn (including enemies)
MSAA (set to 4x)
Same goes for that other AA thingy .

Stuff you shoudl turn off or low :

Motion blur (obviously)
Post processing (makes crap extremely blurry at distance, makes it ahrder to see enemies)
Ground decoration , set it to low .

One important note , i found this out after hundreds of hours sadly :

On my system, when i start plahying BF3, it sets the refresh rate to 60 for some reason.
Also when i alt_tab out of the game , when i quit the game, and so on .

To resolve, simply change your resolution to something else, click "apply" and "yes", then change it back again to your desired res and refresh rate.

But remember, it will only hold if you don't ALT_TAB or Quit or something.

Oh, and of course :

Turn off mouse acceleration . Doing it in the game options doesn't work for sh^t . (raw mouse input)

http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.nl/

To see if you have mouse acceleration, simply move from very left of screen to very right of screen, SLOWLY .

See how much mouse mat you need for it.

Then do it quickly, and see if you need less mouse-mat . If so, mouse accel is enabled, which blows.

SOUND : Very important if you want to own like a mofo .

For surround sound : DISABLE that stereo thingy . And set the sound to "home cinema" .

Also, check my minimap, notice anything ?

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"

Last edited by g-a-m-e : May 7, 2013 at 12:48 PM.
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2013, 01:23 PM   #8801
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Anyone else having issues connecting???
Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2013, 01:58 PM   #8802
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega53 View Post
Anyone else having issues connecting???
yep. the way i got through it yesterday was just keep reconnecting. on the 5th or 6th try it goes through. they are working on a fix...
Old May 8, 2013, 12:43 PM   #8803
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

EA servers are getting D-dos'd

:-(

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Samsung w840(?) SSD

"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
Old May 8, 2013, 01:27 PM   #8804
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-a-m-e View Post

Probably a pissed off star wars fan
Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2013, 05:14 PM   #8805
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

I've been playing this game a while but there have been a few rare circumstances where I'm running around and I hear bullet impacts that sound like a electric shock. Is this from a tank tungsten round? Doesn't seem to be a sniper because I never get suppressed when it sounds like it lands close.
Old May 8, 2013, 06:34 PM   #8806
Quickstrike
Verification Required.

Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Colorblind mode doesn't do sh^t . It only makes the icons on your screen a different color. (revive icons and that stuff) . Also makes the enemies on the minimap a little more visable, it's a darker red instead of the pale orange.

Awesome! That was quite helpful.

Now the fun begins .

Main PC : Intel Core i7 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS P8P67 Pro, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1866-DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Boost, Sound Blaster Zx, Klipsch 5.1 Ultras, Samsung 256GB 840 Pro SSD, 8TB Seagate Archive, 6TB WD Black, 4TB HGST, 3.0TB Seagate x 2, 1.5TB Seagate x 2, Corsair AX850W PSU, Cooler Master HAF 932, 21" NEC [email protected]

HTPC : Intel Core i5 3570K, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo, Asus Maximus V Gene, 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600-DDR3, ASUS 5850 Direct CU, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750W, Silverstone SG09B.

Virtual Server : Intel Core2Quad Q6600, Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme, Gigabyte P35-DS3R, 16GB OCZ DDR2, eVGA 8800GTX, 74GB Raptor, 500GB Seagate x 4, Intel Ethernet port x 4, Silverstone TJ06.
Quickstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2013, 02:41 AM   #8807
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

For fans of bad company 2... Badger is brilliant

Old May 9, 2013, 03:50 AM   #8808
demo
space cadet

Fail.
Old May 9, 2013, 04:18 AM   #8809
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
For fans of bad company 2... Badger is brilliant

yeah 'brilliant" . Got banned for tweaking files . Punkbuster global GUID ban.

Funny how he says he doesn't know that "Punkbuster" is ... Like he's never heard of it rofl .

Guy is a fraud.

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Samsung w840(?) SSD

Last edited by g-a-m-e : May 9, 2013 at 04:21 AM.
Old May 9, 2013, 07:22 AM   #8810
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

man those bc2 animations look so wooden
Old May 9, 2013, 07:55 AM   #8811
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Samsung w840(?) SSD

Old May 9, 2013, 09:57 AM   #8812
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Fail.
It's meant as a joke Since Carl is about as ridiculously OP as you can get for the longest time.
Old May 10, 2013, 10:07 AM   #8813
xwl
The Lurker

xwl is still being judged by the masses

On top of Battlelog:

"Despite our security measures, we have been working around the clock to mitigate the impact of an ongoing denial-of-service attack on our Battlefield 3 game infrastructure over the last several days. While the motives are unclear, the focus of the attack has been interference with network communications preventing access to multiplayer gameplay. At this point, no user data is involved. We share your frustration about the impact this has had to our service and the ability for many of you to play Battlefield 3. We are working tirelessly to mitigate the problem. As a part of our efforts to resolve these issues, we’ve conducted rolling restarts of Battlefield infrastructure servers to apply some updates. Thank you for your patience and support while we work to get everyone back and playing Battlefield 3 as soon as possible. More updates to come. /DICE Team"
xwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2013, 10:46 AM   #8814
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

I've been able to play for hours the last couple days. Just keep reconnecting and eventually it'll be stable.
Old May 10, 2013, 01:47 PM   #8815
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:

clearly these hackers are working for the people, and are there to expose the corruption of the big companies.....
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2013, 06:49 AM   #8816
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

1000 knife kills finally
Old May 12, 2013, 07:44 AM   #8817
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I'm sitting on 5501 knife kills at the moment.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2013, 09:56 PM   #8818
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

It has been a few days now and Battlelog isn't working. Anyone else having this issue?
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2013, 10:46 PM   #8819
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNB4800 View Post
It has been a few days now and Battlelog isn't working. Anyone else having this issue?
Game and battlelog working fine for me. Whenever I join a server, I get disconnected at first, and on second try I am able to play.
Old May 14, 2013, 04:55 AM   #8820
Beak
Radeon Northern Islands

Location: United States BuRp!!! Dey Dont make CheeKins likE day uSed TA!!
Beak is still being judged by the masses

Finally have the game working again and enjoying it after alot of tweaks i was getting kicked from empty servers the brand new modem i have was giving packet loss on every server and getting me banned for my ping being unreadable.

Replacing a dead modem really helps, and opening all the ports and junk considering i use not need to do those things to play.

http://pingtest.net/ Useful site.