Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Dec 6, 2012, 05:55 AM   #8071
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I think CQ was the worst dlc, it was a bad version of COD that did not receive any support from DICE.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 06:04 AM   #8072
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

If anyone wondering, once to unlock the explosive bolt, to switch between regular and explosive, press "v" while having the xbow out.
Too predictable.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:49 AM   #8073
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I dont even know how to unlock the crossbow, been taking n00bs to skool with my trusty AK. I'm really lazy like that, I find a weapon I like and stick with it lol.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:54 AM   #8074
RSViper
Radeon R520

RSViper is still being judged by the masses

Played a couple of the maps last night in conquest mode, TDM, and scavenger. I really like how the new maps are laid out. There's some great combat to be had from long range to short range. I think they are the best maps yet as far as infantry combat. Many options for different routes, vertical spaces, and lots of hiding places and cover. It's really what CQ maps should have been, bigger, but with lots of places for close engagements.

The vehicles are nice, but not overpowered due to the broken up streets and tight spaces. Two RPG's will take one out.

So far the maps beat Bazzar, Metro, Seine my previous favorite infantry small infantry maps by a long shot.
RSViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:09 AM   #8075
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSViper View Post
So far the maps beat Bazzar, Metro, Seine my previous favorite infantry small infantry maps by a long shot.
Yeh I agree, and those were previously my favorite maps too. It really is what I was hoping for out of CQ.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:39 AM   #8076
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
I dont even know how to unlock the crossbow, been taking n00bs to skool with my trusty AK. I'm really lazy like that, I find a weapon I like and stick with it lol.
well the bow is not a 24/7 assault rifle that you can grind away with for years. more like a cool gimmicky type of weapon that has its own peculiarities. it actually is surprisingly hard to get headshots with it. you unlock it for the medic class by winning 3 scavenger rounds.
Too predictable.

Last edited by bob saget : Dec 6, 2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:32 PM   #8077
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
....CQ .....was a bad version of COD....
I had more fun in CQ than every COD put together.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:41 PM   #8078
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristogod View Post
I had more fun in CQ than every COD put together.
Maybe you should give COD another chance then!

Dom in COD>CQDOM, since the spawns are better.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:59 PM   #8079
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Maybe you should give COD another chance then
I've given it every chance a man can. I bowed out this year. I'm tired of the rinse and repeat rehashed twitch shooter on small maps all running on a outdated graphics engine. I hate the hype. The community is hostile and juvenile. It's not like they are going to miss me.

Last edited by Ristogod : Dec 7, 2012 at 09:03 AM.
Ristogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 12:04 AM   #8080
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

anyone grinding away at Aftermath should definitely try the VAL. I sang this gun's praises many months ago during deathmatch gameplay at maps like Noshahar canals, but this gun absolutely CRUSHES at the new maps. The recoil is easily manageable, and you can take on multiple enemies smoothly. I am amazed more people are not using it. Many times I have killed 3 enemies without reloading, one after the other. Be smart with the kinds of engagements you partake in, but anything from close range to medium is child's play.
Make sure to have the ammo perk in your squad and/or be support class because it chews through ammo like crazy. I use it with the Kobra scope and obviously extended mags. I don't know how the damage spread is, but it basically feels like a more powerful P90
Too predictable.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 12:08 AM   #8081
Mangler
PC

I think it has the same damage as the assualt rifles at medium/long range.

So I think the spread is something like 20-18.4.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 02:40 AM   #8082
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

scavenger mode is more fun than I expected, perhaps because of limited ammo or because you get such a good range of weapons to try out. Could also be that everybody starts with pistol. Love the map layouts so far, good range and detail.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 03:30 AM   #8083
demo
space cadet

Not a fan of scavenger myself, but the maps are great. I really wish BF3 had a version of Rush with no respawns, and that once the objectives are blown, you then respawn. That would be esports material imo.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:06 AM   #8084
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Loving the maps. Been playing this again. Every time I come back I wonder why I left to try other games.

I'll have to try out the VAL as suggested. I tried it in the past and wasn't my cup of tea. But I've notice a lot of my deaths are at it's hands. So I should give it a go again.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:32 AM   #8085
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
well the bow is not a 24/7 assault rifle that you can grind away with for years. more like a cool gimmicky type of weapon that has its own peculiarities. it actually is surprisingly hard to get headshots with it. you unlock it for the medic class by winning 3 scavenger rounds.
it is unlocked for all classes with 3 wins of scavenger rounds.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 12:31 PM   #8086
RSViper
Radeon R520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristogod View Post
Loving the maps. Been playing this again. Every time I come back I wonder why I left to try other games.

I'll have to try out the VAL as suggested. I tried it in the past and wasn't my cup of tea. But I've notice a lot of my deaths are at it's hands. So I should give it a go again.
The AS Val is a great weapon with the extended mag and an optic. It really gives some different play style options to your classes. It's not the best gun, but probably the best gun that is available to all the different classes. Shoot in bursts. It's low recoil makes it very accurate.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 06:54 PM   #8087
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

I keep trying the AS VAL but it ALWAYS lets me down and never comes out on top in a close quarter encounter, and theres no long range accuracy to be had. I've not unlocked the extended mag yet so its easy to spend 21 rounds and then get shot by the next guy coming through the door. And it seems to have no stopping power???

The F2000 and the M16A3/4 is where its at. They are tough to beat in close to mid encounters.

Old Dec 7, 2012, 06:57 PM   #8088
Mangler
PC

The Val actually has excellent long range accuracy, it has no spread for the first couple of bullets that you fire.

The hipfire sucks though, and I think it has the highest movement penalty of all AR/PDWS.

Last edited by Mangler : Dec 7, 2012 at 07:00 PM.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 02:14 AM   #8089
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Been doing the old assignments: LSAT, UMP45, SKS, and started the MTAR one. All on metro and Armoured Kill.
LSAT= awful. My best results were just spraying from the hip at point blank because it is inaccurate. randomly charged whole groups and did well occasionally because they did not expect it.
UMP45= Decent. But slow rate of fire makes it hard to go up against fast weapons. Very easy with the Kobra sight to get headshots.
SKS= Very good weapon for close quarters.
MTAR= Almost no recoil. Easy to use.
EDIT: And finally got the rambo one. 5 multikills is surprisingly easy if you know how to farm it.
Too predictable.

Last edited by bob saget : Dec 8, 2012 at 03:33 AM.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 08:37 AM   #8090
RSViper
Radeon R520

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonder squirrel View Post
I keep trying the AS VAL but it ALWAYS lets me down and never comes out on top in a close quarter encounter, and theres no long range accuracy to be had. I've not unlocked the extended mag yet so its easy to spend 21 rounds and then get shot by the next guy coming through the door. And it seems to have no stopping power???

The F2000 and the M16A3/4 is where its at. They are tough to beat in close to mid encounters.

You're right, almost all the Assault class rifles are better as well as the other class specific weapons. It's probably the best PDW of the bunch though if used right. I use it when I want to play support without a LMG or recon without a sniper rifle. I always use the class weapons when playing assault or engineer as they are better.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 02:03 PM   #8091
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

Double XP day if anyones into it. Got like 100k bonus one round

Old Dec 8, 2012, 03:13 PM   #8092
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonder squirrel View Post
Double XP day if anyones into it. Got like 100k bonus one round

yea just noticed that. is that only for the day, or weekend, or what?
Too predictable.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 03:38 PM   #8093
wonder squirrel
Godlike

Not sure. Probably the weekend though.

Old Dec 8, 2012, 03:47 PM   #8094
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

So do weapons from other expansion packs carry over to current ones? I don't have AF but I've seen people have xbow... or is it an unlock of sorts?
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 03:49 PM   #8095
Mangler
PC

You can use them in all modes/maps.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 04:10 PM   #8096
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Went to log in today and play a bit and it told me I had to do a 3.8GB update. Just finished updating and have been trying to connect to a server and it won't connect to any of them. It gets to Connecting and then never connects.

Any ideas why the **** it won't work now?
Old Dec 8, 2012, 04:13 PM   #8097
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Went to log in today and play a bit and it told me I had to do a 3.8GB update. Just finished updating and have been trying to connect to a server and it won't connect to any of them. It gets to Connecting and then never connects.

Any ideas why the **** it won't work now?
check your expansions are updated. in origin right click on bf3 > show game details. Then for all the add ons you have right click > check for update.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 04:18 PM   #8098
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
check your expansions are updated. in origin right click on bf3 > show game details. Then for all the add ons you have right click > check for update.
It's downloading Aftermath now, which I had already downloaded once. I've been playing on Aftermath servers for a couple weeks. Why didn't Origin tell me it had uninstalled itself, or that it needed an update? It isn't telling which one it's doing or that it needed to be installed or updated in the first place. The server browser just let me try and connect.

This Origin setup is a joke. Now I'm updating or downloading the whole damn thing...I have no idea which. It has the progress bar, but I get no details on speed or ETA.

EDIT: Looks like it's downloading the same exact update that I downloaded this morning...the same 3.9GB update for Aftermath. Or...downloading the whole thing is what it looks like. What the **** is going on!? I won't be able to play for another 2 hours now.

Last edited by OverclockN' : Dec 8, 2012 at 04:20 PM.
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 04:19 PM   #8099
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
It's downloading Aftermath now, which I had already downloaded once. Why didn't Origin tell me it had uninstalled itself, or that it needed an update? It isn't telling which one it's doing or that it needed to be installed or updated in the first place. The server browser just let me try and connect.

This Origin setup is a joke. Now I'm updating or downloading the whole damn thing...I have no idea which. It has the progress bar, but I get no details on speed or ETA.
I had to dl it twice too for some reason.. It dl'd but didnt have time to play it, came back, says 100% finished so I clicked play, and it proceeded to dl it again, wtf? You can look at dl speed and data details by double clicking the progress bar.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 04:22 PM   #8100
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
I had to dl it twice too for some reason.. It dl'd but didnt have time to play it, came back, says 100% finished so I clicked play, and it proceeded to dl it again, wtf?
Yeah...it's the same exact update. It took me 2 hours to download...now I have to wait all over again.

Also, how is this an "update"? It looks like the entire expansion to me. How did it uninstall itself? What could I possibly get in an update that is a whopping 3.9GB?