Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:51 AM   #6571
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ECH1
deal with it

ECH1 is still being judged by the masses

You can watch origin and pb by using Performance Monitor. It's a bit tedious to use though. Bring up Performance Monitor, click on the Performance Monitor icon (black and red icon to see the graph), on the lower right side right click on Processor Time. Select 'Add Counters'. Scroll up one notch and expand Process (or it's down arrow to the right). Make sure you click on 'Process' so you can see the box below populate with your processes. Look at the box below labeled 'Instances of Selected object:'. Scroll down to find the process you want displayed while playing.

If you want pb you need to be in a server already to see pnkbsteB.exe process (also pick pnkBrsterA.exe as well). Like I said, it's a bit tedious to do. However you can run it while gaming thus allowing you to see a graph of any of your chosen processes. This will allow you to see if any of those processes are running higher then normal (high spikes in line graph) and causes no impact on gaming performance.

It's pretty neat if you ask me and I'm surprised that Performance Monitor's functions aren't spoken more in other forums. If only Procmon would do that ...

Last edited by ECH1 : Apr 12, 2012 at 12:05 PM.
ECH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:33 AM   #6572
The PyroPath
Qualified Thread Killer

The PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by zampe View Post
punkbuster may cause problems, try to manually upate it.
Unfortunately it's not PB related...
Old Apr 16, 2012, 02:12 PM   #6573
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

The iOS battlelog app came out today for checking your stats on the go

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 16, 2012, 02:20 PM   #6574
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

So um whats the deal with the M26 DART?
I read when configured in a certain way its stupidly overpowered.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2012, 02:25 PM   #6575
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
With a heavy barrel it is pretty overpowered, one shot kills at a pretty decent distance.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2012, 02:30 PM   #6576
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Just started using it yesterday because everyone on a squad deathmatch round was using it. it is WAY OP. Make sure you hit the person at chest-head high. If you end up hitting the legs, can take 3 shots to kill. But yea, at head high, you can take out whole squads easily.
Too predictable.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2012, 02:34 PM   #6577
icecold1983
Radeon Arctic Islands

icecold1983 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
yes, 1 shot instakill

http://gawker.com/5002269/the-cruise...ed-to-suppress

AHAHAHAH WTF IS HE TALKING ABOUT??????????
icecold1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2012, 03:25 PM   #6578
JulianLyle
Radeon Northern Islands

JulianLyle is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I've been using it for a few weeks and yeah, it's kind of OP.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:20 PM   #6579
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:25 PM   #6580
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Ahh that explains why I have seen people pwing with the DART on various servers for the last few days..
Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:29 AM   #6581
Emilee
Next to her

Emilee can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEmilee can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEmilee can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

People who use something like that, that they know is overpowered really annoy me. Same as all the douche's (I hope I offend someone here) who use tac lights to blind people in the day light. Its idiotic that they are so bright, and REALLY pisses me off. Sure they arent as bad as they used to be, they are still a million percent too bright.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:32 AM   #6582
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilee View Post
People who use something like that, that they know is overpowered really annoy me. Same as all the douche's (I hope I offend someone here) who use tac lights to blind people in the day light. Its idiotic that they are so bright, and REALLY pisses me off. Sure they arent as bad as they used to be, they are still a million percent too bright.
I love the tac lights.
It makes their position so much easier to spot lol.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:44 AM   #6583
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
I love the tac lights.
It makes their position so much easier to spot lol.
Yeah, shoot into the light and score a kill.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2012, 06:31 PM   #6584
Emilee
Next to her

Emilee can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEmilee can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEmilee can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Agreed, if they're far off. However, if they are right on top of you its blinding, and you cant get a sure read on them. Its annoying, and very far from realistic.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 06:38 PM   #6585
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Agreed, if they're far off. However, if they are right on top of you its blinding, and you cant get a sure read on them. Its annoying, and very far from realistic.
MMhmm... used to be a lot worse than it is now though. Thank god they toned it down some.

Old Apr 17, 2012, 08:01 PM   #6586
Syl66
I've got nothin'

Syl66 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
QFT
Syl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2012, 08:17 PM   #6587
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Rad2owns is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I totally agree, I love it when my team mates blind me with it.
If you Fold The Cure will Come!!!!!
Fold On Forever!!
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...00CC&c5=FFFFFF
Your Thoughts Will Define Your Destiny.
Hidden variables are everywhere.
BF3 KOz1
Rad2owns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2012, 05:06 PM   #6588
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

It's pretty sad that DICE haven't fixed the problem after 3 weeks. Servers have to ban people to stop using a gun that should be allowed. DICE's patch schedule is too long and/or not adaptable enough to fix simple problems like this. Probably get a patch in 3 weeks which includes the DLC maps.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2012, 05:16 PM   #6589
logical
What is my purpose?

I have yet to get killed by one of those scrubs.. whats the range on it?

Old Apr 18, 2012, 06:02 PM   #6590
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

It's a medium / close range.

The AK-74M is by far the best gun in the game for Assault. I've nearly got my second service star.
Got my Engineer up there too, working for Service Star #2 and holy hell man. AK-74M on hardcore servers = get out of my face bro.

Demo, what's your name in-game? I want to see your stats nublet!
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Last edited by Nunz : Apr 18, 2012 at 06:05 PM.
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2012, 09:59 PM   #6591
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:02 PM   #6592
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

holy **** is all I have to say. My stats for the amount of hours I have pretty much destroys most of R3D.. but you .. wow.

I was doing really well (SPM was over 790) but after about a month I started fooling around.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:05 PM   #6593
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
you know, there is another class besides Assault right..

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:09 PM   #6594
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
you know, there is another class besides Assault right..
Wait, what now?!

Whats your stats nunz??
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:11 PM   #6595
Nunz
RIP Roxen

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...ats/362708435/

My skill used to be at 600 and my SPM was 790 at my best.. but yeah, fooling around with Jets will drop it considerably.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:14 PM   #6596
demo
space cadet

Not bad

I wouldnt pay much attention to the skill score, sometimes I'll be pwning all night, jump out and my skill has dropped 200 points.. other nights, I'll be getting my ass kicked and my skill has gone up 100 points
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:16 PM   #6597
Nunz
RIP Roxen

The only thing I can tout on you - W/L ratio
1.78 for me vs 1.76 on yours.

Honestly though, I play best when I'm with a great squad. I'm a great shot but with a decent squad that plays together.. revives / heals all day. I never die with a good squad.
Most of the time I die from flying in the Jets or going off on my own and getting surrounded.

I'm going to start fooling with the Support class.. C4 + MG36 is great apparently - need to get that class up. Assault is by far the best. M416 was amazing and then you get the AK-74M and it's godlike with a 4x scope.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:17 PM   #6598
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

Ye the skill stat is ****in retarded, I did manage to make it in the top 1000 once but it's way to jumpy.
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:21 PM   #6599
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
AK-74M and it's godlike with a 4x scope.
AK-74M ftw, but I like it raw dog .. iron sights for me, with foregrip and heavy barrel.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:24 PM   #6600
Nunz
RIP Roxen

I switched to Heavy Barrel after the suppression patch.. made a huge difference for me. I run foregrip as well.

Iron sights though.. interesting. I like the scope (I use the russian 4x) it gives some nice range to a very accurate AK-74M. I play hardcore as well 95% of the time, and with the AK I can kill people in 3 shots. Makes the scope ultra useful.