Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 25, 2011, 12:00 PM   #4981
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
poohbear
Radeon Evergreen

poohbear is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by {0}Salamander{0} View Post
If you can pick up the limited edition, then I think (I don't know) but I think that still gives you access to the free DLC.

HMV near me was still selling the limited edition last week when I went in...
LOL but wasnt the limited edition, well, "limited"? that was the whole point!
Old Nov 25, 2011, 03:21 PM   #4982
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear View Post
LOL but wasnt the limited edition, well, "limited"? that was the whole point!
limited edition might even have more in production than normal version
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2011, 05:12 PM   #4983
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Will this ever be available on Steam?
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 25, 2011, 11:26 PM   #4984
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Will this ever be available on Steam?
Very unlikely IMO.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 01:24 PM   #4985
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

ok, this game downright sucks.

most of the time I cannot join a server because the great idea is the web browser throw me a Direct X error.

I end up firing MW3 heh.
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2011, 02:00 PM   #4986
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

i really have a hard time finding my enemy on some maps.

like they are invisible, but yet they can still see me.............

Last edited by wc326 : Nov 26, 2011 at 02:03 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 02:09 PM   #4987
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
i really have a hard time finding my enemy on some maps.

like they are invisible, but yet they can still see me.............
Use Q
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2011, 02:37 PM   #4988
ECH1
deal with it

ECH1 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
Use Q
No, he's right it is very hard to see the enemy. Its as if looking down the road becomes blury or something. It's hard to describe but other players seem to blind into the background making it hard to see them. This is why the IRNV is so popular. If you could actually see clearly whats 40 feet in front of you the IRNV would be moot.

If they do nerf or remove the IRNV I believe a lot of people will stop playing the game. As it made it a lot easier to see people. Which shouldn't be the case. You should clearly see people in this game. If, by your suggestion, have to always use Q like a crutch before firing it's because there is something odd about distant players in the game. Yes, you are right, we do have to consistently use Q in order to see people but it shouldn't be that way. We should clearly see people without pressing Q.

Last edited by ECH1 : Nov 26, 2011 at 02:39 PM.
ECH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2011, 02:45 PM   #4989
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECH1 View Post
No, he's right it is very hard to see the enemy.
I agree. He is totally right about not seeing the enemy. On my particular monitor, its pretty difficult to see enemies. On some other monitors I've seen playing the game, its much easier.

With my monitor, if I think someone is around, press Q.

Guess what?

A little red triangle will pop up and identify your enemy.

So yeah. Use Q.

Edit : Ultimately I am unsure as to why certain monitors are better than others. I am going to replace mine however, it is about 4 years old now, and could use to be upgraded.
Quote:
Old Nov 26, 2011, 03:32 PM   #4990
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Use Q
i ddn't know i can use the q key.. i will try that thanks

Old Nov 26, 2011, 03:36 PM   #4991
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I agree. He is totally right about not seeing the enemy. On my particular monitor, its pretty difficult to see enemies. On some other monitors I've seen playing the game, its much easier.

With my monitor, if I think someone is around, press Q.

Guess what?

A little red triangle will pop up and identify your enemy.

So yeah. Use Q.

Edit : Ultimately I am unsure as to why certain monitors are better than others. I am going to replace mine however, it is about 4 years old now, and could use to be upgraded.
i also think it is my monitor.. i am playing it on some crappy 24 inch hdtv 1080p monitor.. it is not the sharpest, non the clearest.. so i guess monitor play a big row on this too

i really have a hard time seeing any enemies at all on those huge maps....

Old Nov 26, 2011, 03:39 PM   #4992
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

Quote:
i ddn't know i can use the q key.. i will try that thanks
You have played BF games for how long and didn't know about spotting?
Quote:
Old Nov 26, 2011, 03:44 PM   #4993
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
You have played BF games for how long and didn't know about spotting?
lol i have no idea.

Old Nov 26, 2011, 03:56 PM   #4994
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
No, he's right it is very hard to see the enemy. Its as if looking down the road becomes blury or something. It's hard to describe but other players seem to blind into the background making it hard to see them. This is why the IRNV is so popular. If you could actually see clearly whats 40 feet in front of you the IRNV would be moot.

If they do nerf or remove the IRNV I believe a lot of people will stop playing the game. As it made it a lot easier to see people. Which shouldn't be the case. You should clearly see people in this game. If, by your suggestion, have to always use Q like a crutch before firing it's because there is something odd about distant players in the game. Yes, you are right, we do have to consistently use Q in order to see people but it shouldn't be that way. We should clearly see people without pressing Q.
FXAA makes it blurry and adds to the can't see **** bullshit.
just for shits and giggles I put some settings to low/med and once you take out all the extras like shadowing hbao etc. it's a whole lot easier to spot enemies, they kind of just stick out more.
Inrv definitely needs to get fixed or taken out completelely.
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2011, 04:36 PM   #4995
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

What I'm guessing is refresh (maybe 120hz) and/or pixel density. I have the same issue with BC2 of sorts. I think my monitor just has a hard time with smaller details.

Watching the game on other monitors some of them appear to be able to show smaller details easier.

Hard to explain.

Laugh all you want, doesn't change anything.
Quote:
Old Nov 26, 2011, 05:12 PM   #4996
ECH1
deal with it

Quote:
What I'm guessing is refresh (maybe 120hz) and/or pixel density. I have the same issue with BC2 of sorts. I think my monitor just has a hard time with smaller details.

Watching the game on other monitors some of them appear to be able to show smaller details easier.

Hard to explain.

Laugh all you want, doesn't change anything.
It's not me but you. You can't even explain how you think it's the monitor yet you don't understand why I say it's not. Here, let me explain part of the problem:
1. The game comes with very high contrast. What that does is make dark areas black. For example, someone outside trying to look inside a building. It's hard to see if someone is there so you spam Q. Or any dark area for that matter.

2. Blinding flashlights, lamps, other lights and sunlight that can cast sun flares. Again, this makes it hard to see anyone at a reasonable distance unless you spam Q. Unlike the contrast problem you might see something but you can't get a fix on it. Oh and I love how team mate inadvertently blind you with their flashlights. I don't understand why it doesn't have a FF on/off feature so that people on the same team are immune to that.

3. Blue tint. For me the blue tint makes it hard for me to distinguish the difference between an enemy's head or a branch. That's because everything has the same tint to it nothing stands out. Like a helmet which is of a different color, etc.

But when you combine all of them together you begin to see the greater picture here. No, it's not the monitor. Even if you believe you have a crappy one. You might believe it has something to do with 120hz but that's not it at all. The pixel density has nothing to do with the things I've described about the game so that ain't it either.

So yes, I do laugh. But the issues is that those features in game need to be removed more so then the IRNV. If they just did that no one would use the IRNV to start with. If they did they wouldn't have any noticeable advantage because the overall IQ of the game would improve. What the IRNV actually does is:
-remove the blue tint
-remove the high contrast
-remove any sun flare, etc
Even though it colors enemies a specific color the point is they can see them. Which is what they want.

Have a look at this thread/post. Below are a few other threads:
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...vs-better.html
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...-extended.html
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...-settings.html
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...ve-please.html

Look at this and you will see that after step 15 distance things become hard to see. Sure, you can get use to it and think it's ok but in reality it's not and should be changed. Here is where I got that image from. link

They really need to go back to step 15 and add the sun (without blinding you) and call it a day. It's not like people are asking for something impossible, it's already there. They simply took it 3 steps to far. And as the thread theorizes, they believe it was a performance saving feature for consoles. Something like the fog of war. If so, I would actually prefer to fog segments of the some maps at step 15 since it doesn't allow you to see all of the map anyway.

Last edited by ECH1 : Nov 29, 2011 at 08:48 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 06:26 PM   #4997
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

yo where in gods name is that 'customize soldier' screen ?

I can only customize IN MULTIPLAYER when i just died.

But that way i can't customize vehicles.

It's not in "Battlelog"(how i seem to MUST start up multiplayer), and when i 'log out' and start BF3 i can only do campain and options (graphics and ****)

WHere the **** can i find this ?

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2011, 10:01 PM   #4998
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

For those having trouble spotting the enemy,

Lower monitor contrast, raise in game brightness, disable FXAA & HBAO/SSAO, enable Transparency AA if you have the muscle, raise digital vibrance.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 10:20 PM   #4999
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

I've been absolutely beasting on people without an IRNV scope. In fact, I use iron sights and other scopes more than it. It definitely isn't as overpowered as everyone makes it out to be. Sure, enemies stick out like a sore thumb when you use it, but it doesn't provide any level of zoom and completely gives you tunnel vision, too, because it takes up the entire screen. I think people are making a big fuss out of nothing. You definitely can defeat players using IRNV scopes by playing carefully, approaching bases from their flanks, and paying very close attention to your radar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-a-m-e View Post
yo where in gods name is that 'customize soldier' screen ?

I can only customize IN MULTIPLAYER when i just died.

But that way i can't customize vehicles.

It's not in "Battlelog"(how i seem to MUST start up multiplayer), and when i 'log out' and start BF3 i can only do campain and options (graphics and ****)

WHere the **** can i find this ?
When you click the "Customize" button after first joining a game or dying, there is a separate tab for vehicles.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 12:59 AM   #5000
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

Is there a way to set weapon loadouts so they are always the same? Like if your playing recon, can you select the mod0 so it defaults there allways? It used to be the same but it always changes now.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 03:37 AM   #5001
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

how come on some server, my unlock is gone???

like i am back to level zero without any guns unlock..

Old Nov 27, 2011, 03:51 AM   #5002
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Because those are non-ranked servers probably

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2011, 04:56 AM   #5003
Sharkfood
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Sharkfood is still being judged by the masses

Yep, set your server filters to only play on ranked. I'd also suggest staying away from Hardcore servers for a while too since you can't spot (Q-key) and no map/targets.

I guess I'm strange as I have no problems seeing enemy troops. I guess I've got too many hours clocked in BC2, plus I do tag the Q key like I'm playing Track & Field most of the time....

Don't spread my wealth, spread my work ethic.
3/21/2010 - R.I.P. Freedom, Democracy, America
Sharkfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2011, 05:39 AM   #5004
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkfood View Post
Yep, set your server filters to only play on ranked. I'd also suggest staying away from Hardcore servers for a while too since you can't spot (Q-key) and no map/targets.

I guess I'm strange as I have no problems seeing enemy troops. I guess I've got too many hours clocked in BC2, plus I do tag the Q key like I'm playing Track & Field most of the time....
none of the server in hongkong has enable Q-key

Old Nov 27, 2011, 06:27 AM   #5005
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
none of the server in hongkong has enable Q-key
play on fragnetics servers, they are running default settings.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2011, 10:36 AM   #5006
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

step 18 are very good for trailers and stuff.

gameplay wise not so good

Old Nov 27, 2011, 12:26 PM   #5007
ECH1
deal with it

Quote:
step 18 are very good for trailers and stuff.

gameplay wise not so good
Many are asking them to revert the game back to step 14/15 in the EA forums.
Eye strain is mentioned in this post. as well.

Last edited by ECH1 : Nov 27, 2011 at 12:35 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 01:04 PM   #5008
Sharkfood
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Sharkfood is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Many are asking them to revert the game back to step 14/15 in the EA forums.
Eye strain is mentioned in this post. as well.
Yes, but J.J. Abrams would not be pleased...

Don't spread my wealth, spread my work ethic.
3/21/2010 - R.I.P. Freedom, Democracy, America
Sharkfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2011, 02:18 PM   #5009
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

the lamest thing dice has done is the flash light mount on the gun.

what are they really trying to do in the first place?
to show off the lighting or something.

non of the maps is dark enough that needs a flash light. this is the most annoying thing about this game, the smoke, fog, sun already is annoying.

the flash light is even brighter than the sun in day light time. what the heck lol

Old Nov 27, 2011, 02:23 PM   #5010
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
the lamest thing dice has done is the flash light mount on the gun.

what are they really trying to do in the first place?
to show off the lighting or something.

non of the maps is dark enough that needs a flash light. this is the most annoying thing about this game, the smoke, fog, sun already is annoying.

the flash light is even brighter than the sun in day light time. what the heck lol
Also annoying is that when I try to use the flashlight it barely lights up the darker areas wtf people can absolutly blind others in the middle of the day time sun but it barely does anything at all to light up a dark area