Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Oct 26, 2011, 10:06 PM   #11
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplode View Post
Ye I'm getting a new system in about ~ 3 weeks when the New Intel CPUs come out. But seriously? dipping down to low 20's on all low? what the **** is that all about. Is the 2500k that much better then the q6600?
You need more GPU power too, and imo you are getting a combination of poor GPU performance and CPU performance.

to answer your question about 2500k, yes the 2500k is that much faster than the Q6600, I got rid of my Q6600 when BC2 was released, at 3.8 it was a bit slower with much lower minimums than the i5 750 at stock clocks I have in my spare pc, and in my main pc I bought an i7 930 which was a little faster than the i5 750 although similar, and when oc'd to ~4.2 was about 50% faster in BC2, then I bought a 970 (sold the 930) which is a little faster than the 930 again at equal clocks (especially in BC2/BF3) plus it oc's to 4.6.
To cut a long story short, the progression from Q6600 to I7 970 has almost doubled frame rate in BC2, especially minimums, you could expect a 2500k at similar clocks to perform pretty close in anything that uses 4 or less threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukilla View Post
It can´t be the cpu, my q6600 sits around 50% on all cores during action. I think you are using msaa which kills performance in this game in particular. Go with post aa.
That doesnt mean anything, the CPU doesnt have to be at 100% load for you to be CPU limited.

You guys will find with high end MGPU, which BF3 needs to run at decent settings, you need i5/i7 to power it these days.