Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 16, 2013, 09:06 PM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaderinred View Post
i don't think they care.
You're insane... Of course they care. A budget had to be approved to make that video, and the guy(s) behind the idea had to justify it.

If it's a flop, I guarantee that you won't see marketing like this again from this publisher.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the development of the game came in way under budget, and they used the extra money for additional marketing.
Crawdaddy79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2013, 09:08 PM   #182
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Location: Manches All hail king Dave, ruler of all Manchesville
JohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

3 copies here, 1 for me, brother and a Christmas gift
JohnEJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2013, 09:22 PM   #183
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Even if the game is really bad, the 80's vibe alone is enough to make it worth the $15. Love dat music.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 16, 2013, 10:04 PM   #184
methimpikehoses
transmigrator

methimpikehoses is still being judged by the masses

Far cry 3 was terrific. I'm in for this one too, should be good for some explosions and chuckles at least. Just like a night with munkus....
Old Apr 16, 2013, 11:34 PM   #185
Redeemed
Radeon Arctic Islands

Redeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Gosh dangit! I'm really tempted to pre-order this. I've never pre-ordered a game but I really love what I'm seeing. Most games I wait for a heft Steam or Origin sale because they're just rehashes and nothing really "new". This, this game... I want to encourage this kind of creativity of bold move from Ubi. This is awesome. And it's only $15.

Get paid Friday. Something tells me I'm going to pre-order this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbitslayer View Post
congratulations on the anniversary of your emancipation from the Great Uterine Squeeze.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingline View Post
There are two types of people in the world: those that are humble and those that will be.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 06:52 AM   #186
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
What does my fun have to do with the games sales?

Im just saying that everybody is "OMG 80S, BEST GAME EVER" and I know all those people arent going to buy it.

They put a lot of money into advertising this .. cartoon, live action, website stuff among other things.,.. they might not get their return on investment.
Compared to a "real" release($60 game), the amount of money they put into marketing this thing is probably pocket change.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 06:57 AM   #187
Deaderinred
Banned

Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
You're insane... Of course they care. A budget had to be approved to make that video, and the guy(s) behind the idea had to justify it.

If it's a flop, I guarantee that you won't see marketing like this again from this publisher.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the development of the game came in way under budget, and they used the extra money for additional marketing.
it's technically dlc. they had dlc budget and profits from the original far cry 3 to work on it. its why its not a full game.
Deaderinred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 07:48 AM   #188
minaelromany
Radeon Caribbean Islands

minaelromany can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyminaelromany can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I was gonna pre-order it then saw AMD added it to all NSR bundles even for people who already redeemed the keys. I love AMD
SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 290 4GB Vapor-X OC 1.1GHz/5.2GHz GDDR5
3 BenQ 2420HD 1080p 24" Widescreen LCD in Eyefinity
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD + 30.0TB of HDDs
Sound Blaster Z -Cambridge SoundWorks DTT 3500 Digital
Seasonic X-850
2xBenq 1640 - LiteOn iHAS120-Pioneer 111L - Samsung 203B - NEC Optiarc AD-7200S DVD+/-RW burners
NZXT Phantom Red Edition
minaelromany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 02:24 PM   #189
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Compared to a "real" release($60 game), the amount of money they put into marketing this thing is probably pocket change.
No one will ever know how much it costs but I think its pretty significant. Way more than most companies have put out for a 15-20 dollar DLC.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:04 AM   #190
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Old Apr 19, 2013, 01:14 PM   #191
Jerm357
Rage3D Veteran

Jerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird sings

This is just getting better and better.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 02:50 AM   #192
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Hope it succeds and the next one is survival horror based on Garth Merengi's Darkplace:

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2013, 07:40 AM   #193
Deaderinred
Banned

Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

one track lover is the best thing to come out of darkplaces. (that and the line "so tell me about this ringwig character..."

Old Apr 24, 2013, 08:18 AM   #194
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
BWAAAAA!

I'm buying it now for sure!! That was awesome video!!
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2013, 08:26 AM   #195
Jimby
Captain Manches

Jimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Hilarious.
Jimby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2013, 08:30 AM   #196
Deaderinred
Banned

his twitter feed is gold too. i sent him a message telling him i loved both him and the entire blood dragon team. he replied with "we love you too, real love. man love."

other tweets include classics like someone asking him "how are far cry 3 and blood dragon related?"

"sisters"

Old Apr 24, 2013, 08:39 AM   #197
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Is it May 1st yet?
Old Apr 24, 2013, 08:55 AM   #198
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor|WAR View Post
Is it May 1st yet?
I'm hoping to get a key from AMD as well.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2013, 09:29 AM   #199
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Already got mine, preordered.

Don't need to rely on any code freebies or cheap deals for a $15 game.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 11:19 AM   #200
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaderinred View Post
his twitter feed is gold too. i sent him a message telling him i loved both him and the entire blood dragon team. he replied with "we love you too, real love. man love."

other tweets include classics like someone asking him "how are far cry 3 and blood dragon related?"

"sisters"

Love it!!!
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:04 PM   #201
GARY OAK
Radeon R300

GARY OAK is still being judged by the masses

http://youtu.be/iJCfhJIkNeE

BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON

Last edited by GARY OAK : Apr 24, 2013 at 12:08 PM.
GARY OAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2013, 03:32 PM   #202
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARY OAK View Post
http://youtu.be/iJCfhJIkNeE

BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON BLOOD DRAGON
For the lazy:

Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2013, 09:39 PM   #203
Deaderinred
Banned

"theres some pigs! and when i say pigs i mean actual pigs, not police officers."
Old Apr 25, 2013, 12:11 PM   #204
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

It runs on technology
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2013, 12:17 PM   #205
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Kind of just biding my time waiting for this game to be released. Since its only 6 days away I don't want to start playing anything else.

But damnit can't May 1st come any quicker??
Old Apr 25, 2013, 03:45 PM   #206
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Watching that video makes me look forward to this a little less. For some reason I was expecting a lot of the game to take place indoors. Awesome music though.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 12:47 AM   #207
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
Watching that video makes me look forward to this a little less. For some reason I was expecting a lot of the game to take place indoors. Awesome music though.
You can play the game indoors.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 07:54 AM   #208
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
You can play the game indoors.
Hmmm... that would also reduce the glare on my screen. I'll think about it.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 11:09 AM   #209
Mangler
PC

Old Apr 30, 2013, 11:20 AM   #210
Deaderinred
Banned

unlocks in 1 day and 1 hour...

so 6pm gmt tomorrow? right on.