Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Nov 30, 2019, 05:12 PM   #6151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I want a mid life crisis mobile myself, but I've got a teen that's going to need a car in three years. Maybe I'll just buy her something fun, and use it. I think she should learn how to drive a manual.

I can't wait to explain to my wife why the kiddo should get a V8 Mustang GT.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2019, 05:42 PM   #6152
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I figure I'll get a jumpstart on midlife-crisis-mobile when I replace the Colorado.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2019, 06:21 PM   #6153
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

I've been having a midlife crisis for 14 years now.

A lot of people don't understand that you may actually be into cars, and it's not just for an image or a mid-life crisis. Buy what you like, who cares what anyone thinks.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 2, 2019, 01:01 PM   #6154
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytprice View Post
Snippet.
I was poking fun, because of how it looks like that. I apologize and really didn't mean any insult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
I've been having a midlife crisis for 14 years now.

A lot of people don't understand that you may actually be into cars, and it's not just for an image or a mid-life crisis. Buy what you like, who cares what anyone thinks.
I was just teasing, I thought it was less inflammatory than calling someone a 'boomer'...

I like cars, old classics, fast muscle, panty dropping euro-trash but I like fun cars primarily. Fun to me can be a Porsche, to a mid 50s sedan with a straight 6, to a 70s muscle car, to an econobox going far faster than it ever should but still being wonderfully slow.

Edit: I draw the line at stupid compensation trucks. Those are just stupid.

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2019, 02:18 PM   #6155
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Yeah idk why everyone took your comment so seriously. I thought it was funny

I'm ready to have my midlife crisis at 27
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2019, 03:22 PM   #6156
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Yeah idk why everyone took your comment so seriously. I thought it was funny

I'm ready to have my midlife crisis at 27
Problem with dry humor is that sometimes it's so dry it's hard to detect the sarcasm.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 12:20 AM   #6157
kytprice
Autism Awareness

kytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefoo21 View Post
I was poking fun, because of how it looks like that. I apologize and really didn't mean any insult.
Sorry I can see where you meant no insult. Sometimes when I read a post I can't get how it's meant. I'm old I understand those windup telephone thingys much better.
kytprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2019, 11:30 AM   #6158
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytprice View Post
Sorry I can see where you meant no insult. Sometimes when I read a post I can't get how it's meant. I'm old I understand those windup telephone thingys much better.
LoL...

No worries, miscommunication has been a thing since before the old wind up telephone with human operated switch boards...

I should have been clearer, because you aren't the only one who thought I was going all dark side.

Heatware
Old Dec 6, 2019, 03:08 PM   #6159
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Driver side fog lamp on the RAM was flickering. Took it to the dealer this morning, he hooks up his tablet, and says, "ground fault to driver side fog lamp". Amazing how networked these new cars and trucks are these days.

They had to order a new harness for it, so I have to take it back tomorrow.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2019, 06:44 PM   #6160
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

I have to replace the ECT sensor on the car, so I get to drain all of the coolant out, and burp it and regret my winter life lol

Heatware
Old Dec 8, 2019, 06:56 PM   #6161
Roadhog_
Sausages

Roadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRoadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefoo21 View Post
I have to replace the ECT sensor on the car, so I get to drain all of the coolant out, and burp it and regret my winter life lol
Why not just leave the system sealed and replace it without draining it? Shouldn't lose too much coolant.
Roadhog_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2019, 08:50 AM   #6162
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog_ View Post
Why not just leave the system sealed and replace it without draining it? Shouldn't lose too much coolant.
I might try that, on this car it's mounted in a stupid spot on the throttle body, so it's easy to get air trapped. Though if I do it cold and quickly I shouldn't lose much coolant at least. Hopefully it'll just burp the air bubble out, and be a happy camper. If not I can put it on ramps with the filler setup and burp it manually.

Then comes a broken wire in the main bundle behind the engine.

The RSX is down because the starter wore out it's brushes, so I rebuilt the starter with a new brush assembly, and nice new synthetic grease. Now I just have to do some lazy porting on the intake, wait for the remanufactured injectors to show up, and replace a chunk of the clutch hydraulics.

Since it's a boring base, it has the intake length changer thing, so I pulled it out, and cleaned it. The entire intake was coated with sticky oil scum from the PCV. The plastic seals didn't move before, and now they are free to do their job. So that's good.

Oh and the Legacy, well I bought parts from a local shop to rebuild an alternator, unfortunately the regulator is faulty, it puts out 12.0V under load, so no good. The shop guy sat on it for 2 months doing nothing, then got mad at me for asking about it and refusing to accept a regulator he pulled out of the trash. Sigh...

It never ends... At least I can do the porting inside.

Heatware

Last edited by gamefoo21 : Dec 9, 2019 at 08:55 AM.
Old Yesterday, 07:41 PM   #6163
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Test drove a 2018 Audi S3 tonight. Think I'm in love.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:55 PM   #6164
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Me and my buddy were looking at RS3s all day. I know your feel brother
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote