Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 28, 2011, 07:11 AM   #3811
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Ust
Radeon R300

Ust is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litennörd View Post
The terrain uses tessellation and a DX11 card is required for that

No "fix" possible unless Dice suddenly implements support for the HD3000/HD4000's tessellator unit
I thought this was only Ultra?
Ust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 08:00 AM   #3812
Montyswe
Radeon R200

Montyswe is still being judged by the masses

Downloading the game now. Before I start, any of you guys have any tips about what GFX-settings I should use for best visual and good performance (and what drivers is the best)? Maybe some specific setting that should be lowered or something.

Thank you in advance.
Corsair 6GB (3x2GB) 1600MHz PC3-12800
Intel Core i7 930, 2.80GHz
2 * XFX Radeon HD5870 1GB (Crossfire)
Corsair HX 1000W 80+
Windows 7, 64-bit
Montyswe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 08:11 AM   #3813
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montyswe View Post
Downloading the game now. Before I start, any of you guys have any tips about what GFX-settings I should use for best visual and good performance (and what drivers is the best)? Maybe some specific setting that should be lowered or something.

Thank you in advance.
You could try everything on ultra with fxaa/sraa on high, with msaa turned off.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 28, 2011, 08:13 AM   #3814
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

with my current specs im able to run everything on ultra but no AA, or MSAA or whatever its called, at all @ 1080p. 2x is ok but the performance hit is kind of annoying, 4x is far too much of a hit for me. Havent tried playing with other settings nor that i will i think, this game is pretty sexy with everything set to ultra. But i may fine tune it more this weekend.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 08:26 AM   #3815
RicH(SAD)
Radeon Northern Islands

RicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montyswe View Post

Thank you in advance.
Because you have 1GB of vram like me, your best bet would be to start with the game on high with no MSAA. I have tried Ultra with my GTX 560 ti in SLI although the framerate itself is good, there is a lot of stuttering/freezing when looking around. Last time I played, I set MSAA to 2x with FXAA to Medium to try to reduce the blurring and it seems to be working ok.
RicH(SAD) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 08:34 AM   #3816
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

We need a dedicated R3D server dammit.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 08:42 AM   #3817
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

it was working pretty good yesterday, I had 2 crashes 1 with somethin with nvidia, played a couple of rounds this morning, and the game made the PC hardlock with a black screen needing a hard reset. happened 2 times anybody know what could be causing this?
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 08:50 AM   #3818
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

i am still thinking, if i should get this game
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 08:56 AM   #3819
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

need someone for tonight to join me if that server is empty.. just going in circles capping flags

Although, I've been doing a lot better after giving up on big servers. Was in a 16 player conquest server last night and got 9500 points, 200 behind mvp, in Bazaar. More fun and it feels like i am really helping the team. 64player cluster fcks aren't for me.

Very disappointed in the lack of self adjusting maps.

Last edited by night : Oct 28, 2011 at 08:59 AM.
night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 09:02 AM   #3820
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

I'm really thinking Bazaar is my favorite map so far. I like the natural choke points and how the combat gravitates to that alleyway with paths for flanking. It keeps the teams together and allows for more ability to use the class benefits like reviving and ammo supplying.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:17 AM   #3821
shoman24v
Radeon Southern Islands

shoman24v is still being judged by the masses

I was really hoping to see some old maps in this game.

Karkand - dunno status on that

Dragon Valley

Gulf of Oman

Wake!!?!?!

And where are the jungle levels like in BC2???
shoman24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:24 AM   #3822
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Just play Caspian and pretend you got your moneys worth
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:38 AM   #3823
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Finished the single player campaign!
It's pretty, it's fun, it's good, but I must say what I noticed most is how horribly designed the Hard difficulty is. It's ridiculously stupid how many times you'll die of scripted events, surprise kills, one shot deaths, and silly tricks. I'll probably replay the game on Easy through the weekend or something, just to have fun in the campaign!

(Wait, there's multiplayer as well? )
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:45 AM   #3824
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuryX View Post
(Wait, there's singleplayer as well? )
fixed
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:46 AM   #3825
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by night View Post
Just play Caspian and pretend you got your moneys worth
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:11 AM   #3826
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I really do hope we see some optimization in the coming days from both ATi and DICE.

I'm not sure why but sometimes the game reports 60fps and it's a little chunky, other times it reports 45 and is smooth as glass, sometimes 45 and herky jerky, it's very inconsistent in the actual performance of the game.

I think a lot of it has to do with netcode too, when servers start lagging it starts jerking around and gets a serious "low fps" feeling even though radeonpro tells me otherwise.

The game also has very strange dips down into the 20s and 30's when seemingly nothing very "intensive" happens, then a second later it streams right back up to 60fps and it's like it never happened.

Also of note, the leaked CAP4's didnt seem to do anything for me. If anything, they still stutter a bit like CAP3's do. I'm gonna uninstall them tonight and go 11.10b3 capless and see if I was crazy or not.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.

Last edited by _TiTaNiuM : Oct 28, 2011 at 11:15 AM.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:16 AM   #3827
Danny Nissan
high quality troll

Danny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDanny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Long loading times anyone? AMD exclusive feature?
ASUS PG279Q | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC 2025MHz/12.2GHz | Intel i7 3770K 4.7GHz [Noctua NH-U12P SE2] | 2x8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 10-12-12-31-1T | Fractal Design R4 | Be Quiet! Straight Power CM E9 580W | ASUS Maximus V Gene | SteelSeries Rival 310 | Qpad MK-50 | Sennheiser HD-555 | SupremeFX III | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + 840 Evo 250GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 10 Professional

iPhone 8 Plus
Danny Nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:18 AM   #3828
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I don't think so, my loading times are not exactly short.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:18 AM   #3829
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

I was thinking the long load times had to do with loading the game 5 times to get into a server..
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:23 AM   #3830
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Nissan View Post
Long loading times anyone? AMD exclusive feature?
Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Also, I am loving MLAA in this game. I am very impressed with it's performance and appearance. It manages to make everything look very smooth without blurring the entire image.

I'm not sure if that's because it was coded ground up with MLAA/FXAA in mind, but I would wager that has something to do with it's fantastic implementation.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:23 AM   #3831
Spynole
Ultra Combo

Spynole is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman24v View Post
I was really hoping to see some old maps in this game.

Karkand - dunno status on that

Dragon Valley

Gulf of Oman

Wake!!?!?!

And where are the jungle levels like in BC2???

Three out of the 4 you listed will be in the Back to Karkand expansion.

http://bf3blog.com/battlefield-3-back-to-karkand/
Spynole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:23 AM   #3832
Danny Nissan
high quality troll

Danny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDanny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I don't think so, my loading times are not exactly short.
OK thanks!

Anyone figure out if you can change the renderahead option? I have slight mouselag but dont want to turn SSAO off (its so pretty xD).
ASUS PG279Q | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC 2025MHz/12.2GHz | Intel i7 3770K 4.7GHz [Noctua NH-U12P SE2] | 2x8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 10-12-12-31-1T | Fractal Design R4 | Be Quiet! Straight Power CM E9 580W | ASUS Maximus V Gene | SteelSeries Rival 310 | Qpad MK-50 | Sennheiser HD-555 | SupremeFX III | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + 840 Evo 250GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 10 Professional

iPhone 8 Plus
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:25 AM   #3833
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

I wish they would re-make el alamein. by far, my favorite bf map ever.... EVER
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:26 AM   #3834
RicH(SAD)
Radeon Northern Islands

RicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by night View Post
I was thinking the long load times had to do with loading the game 5 times to get into a server..

It seems to come and go in my case. I think it may be a memory leak issue, possibly even with Battlelog. I had the issue yesterday and looked at my task manager .. My Firefox was using 820Mb of RAM with like 5 tabs open and it said 81% of my 8GB of RAM was in use.

Last edited by RicH(SAD) : Oct 28, 2011 at 11:30 AM.
RicH(SAD) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:36 AM   #3835
1Bravo
Radeon R100

1Bravo is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
I wish they would re-make el alamein. by far, my favorite bf map ever.... EVER
+1
1Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:59 AM   #3836
RSViper
Radeon R520

RSViper is still being judged by the masses

All of you are welcome on my clan's server.

Type in "=MGC=Servers Hacker Free" in the server search. It's a 64 person server out of Chicago. We are running all the large conquest maps. We are usually on it from 7pm-12 pm EST. We're an older (21-30+) group of guys who like clean gameplay and having fun. Act like a douche or cheat and you will be banned.

Our web page is www.mgcclan.com.

I'm "Wildweasle" in Origin and in game.

Last edited by RSViper : Oct 28, 2011 at 12:04 PM.
RSViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 12:11 PM   #3837
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by {0}Salamander{0} View Post
I think you can safely lay the blame for a lot of the shortcomings at the fact that its a multiplatform release.
So this is the new "end to all arguments" excuse that PC gamers use nowadays?

"Waa waa, the game is buggy and untested - it's because of the consoles!11"

I guess the server browser is the fault of the consoles, seeing as its completely different.

Quote:
As soon as the consoles were getting it, thats when I knew sacrifices were going to be made.
Let's list all the sacrifices that were made on the PC side for consoles?

Graphics? Nope. Sound? Nope. UI? Different.

Quote:
From what I gather, consoles and PC have the exact same maps.
They're not. The PC version simply has flags pretty close to each other on certain maps.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 12:46 PM   #3838
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Also, I am loving MLAA in this game. I am very impressed with it's performance and appearance. It manages to make everything look very smooth without blurring the entire image.

I'm not sure if that's because it was coded ground up with MLAA/FXAA in mind, but I would wager that has something to do with it's fantastic implementation.
Looks like it blurs the image to me, just like FXAA in RO2.. I disable it and enable trSSAA.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 01:06 PM   #3839
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Looks like it blurs the image to me, just like FXAA in RO2.. I disable it and enable trSSAA.
Well the ATi componant works really well IMO!
In RO2 it looked like it jhust blurred the hell out of the image. In BF3 it just smooths everything out and is still quite sharp!

You also have crazy tri-sli, I can't afford that. But MLAA is practically free and looks as good as 4x MSAA, at least.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 01:14 PM   #3840
Danny Nissan
high quality troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicH(SAD) View Post
It seems to come and go in my case. I think it may be a memory leak issue, possibly even with Battlelog. I had the issue yesterday and looked at my task manager .. My Firefox was using 820Mb of RAM with like 5 tabs open and it said 81% of my 8GB of RAM was in use.
My game just crashed, windows told me im out of memory and that i should close battlefield 3 =/ On top of that, catalyst control center crashed. Rebooted PC.

iPhone 8 Plus