Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Sep 29, 2013, 07:21 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Apocalypsee
Radeon Sea Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Default Upgrade from HD 7850

I been using this card for quite a while, and it seems like it can't run Crysis 3 at Very High setting @ 1920x1080 so I thinking of selling it and buy a new one. What is the minimum card I should aim? Thinking of buying GTX 760, or should I Crossfire this HD 7850? I'm not really feeling the new Rx 2xx card AMD will be releasing, it looks like it's just a mix of rebadged card with some new arch on top end.
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2013, 08:07 AM   #2
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Well, the 760 will also struggle with crysis 3, so it would be a pointless upgrade, go cfx.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2013, 10:35 AM   #3
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

for Crysis 3 single card a gtx 780 or wait for the r9-290x
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 30, 2013, 06:57 AM   #4
Apocalypsee
Radeon Sea Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
for Crysis 3 single card a gtx 780 or wait for the r9-290x
So there isn't any good card below those which are worth upgrading from? I'm not really wanted to go multi card again because of it's drawback so I would like to have more opinion about this
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(d) Must use fire.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 10:16 AM   #5
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypsee View Post
So there isn't any good card below those which are worth upgrading from? I'm not really wanted to go multi card again because of it's drawback so I would like to have more opinion about this
for Crysis 3 at Very High setting @ 1920x1080 not much I think if you want aa to and around 60+ fps

at Very High I can get around 35 to 50 fps with 2x of 4x aa at 1600p with two 7970's or 680's

I would wait for the r9-290x anyway for price drops and get a top card, and the r9-290x might be the best bet for Crysis 3 and like games
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2013, 10:24 AM   #6
Redeemed
Radeon Arctic Islands

Redeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
for Crysis 3 at Very High setting @ 1920x1080 not much I think if you want aa to and around 60+ fps

at Very High I can get around 35 to 50 fps with 2x of 4x aa at 1600p with two 7970's or 680's

I would wait for the r9-290x anyway for price drops and get a top card, and the r9-290x might be the best bet for Crysis 3 and like games
Pretty much this.

If nothing else the new cards will lower the prices on other cards. I'd say a 290X or 780 (assuming its price does drop after the 290x launches) and sell your 7850 to offset some of the cost. I'd imagine you could still get between $100 and $150 for that 7850 if it's in great condition still. If the 290X launches at even $600, after selling the 7850 you could have only spent as little as $450 for a brand new, top-end card. Pretty good deal, imo.

So yeah, wait for 290x to launch, then decide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbitslayer View Post
congratulations on the anniversary of your emancipation from the Great Uterine Squeeze.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingline View Post
There are two types of people in the world: those that are humble and those that will be.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2013, 11:48 AM   #7
Apocalypsee
Radeon Sea Islands

Good point guys, it looks like I'm gonna wait for R9 290X after all

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(d) Must use fire.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 08:01 PM   #8
Apocalypsee
Radeon Sea Islands

I bought GTX 760 anyway because the price, if I wanna go GTX 770 I would rather bought a couple of GTX 760 in SLI which I plan to do so in few weeks (GTX 770 is more expensive than a couple of GTX 760).

Specwise it's pretty tame, just barely better than HD 7850 but this card absolutely flies in games. In two of the AMD titles Crysis 3 and Tomb Raider the performance were miles better comparing maximum overclocked HD 7850 at 1200MHz core vs stock GTX 760. How come in AMD titles nvidia cards were much faster? Only downside is the reference cooler on GTX 760 sucks, in games it reaches over 80C but at least with GPU Boost 2.0 I could make temperature as a priority but still the stock heatsink is puny and can't cope with the heat the GPU develops

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(d) Must use fire.