Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jul 23, 2020, 11:04 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default Xiaomi Black Shark (powerful phone for decent price)

Just picked up this badboy for a surprising price of under $300. It has some pretty impressive specs with a snapdragon 845 cpu and adreno 630 gpu.

Basic spec list;

5.99 inches 1080 x 2160 pixels, 18:9 ratio (~403 ppi density), 97% DCI-P3 coverage, Fingerprint, Android 8.0
64GB ROM , 6GB RAM - DOES NOT HAVE microSD Slot or 3.5mm Headset Jack, 4000mAh Long Life Battery
20MP + 12MP Dual AI Camera's, phase detection autofocus, Dual Tone LED flash, 20MP Front Camera, Octa-core processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
Liquid Cooling internal

Never heard of this company before but it has power rivaling a Samsung Galaxy s9+ but for a third of the cost. Online reviews say it is a steal for the price. Came with a little bluetooth controller addon for the phone too in case you game at all on it. So far, nice little phone.

"America is not divided by race. color, gender, or sexual orientation.
America is divided into wise people and fools.
And fools divide themselves by race, color, gender, or sexual orientation."
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2020, 03:50 PM   #2
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Xiaomi is pretty large outside N/A. The biggest issue is no Google Playstore or Google Services on the newer ones? But this model is before that, so your probably golden?

Hows the launcher though? Xiaomi usually skins pretty heavily into an iPhone clone.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi XtremeMusic(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2020, 08:28 PM   #3
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Xiaomi is pretty large outside N/A. The biggest issue is no Google Playstore or Google Services on the newer ones? But this model is before that, so your probably golden?

Hows the launcher though? Xiaomi usually skins pretty heavily into an iPhone clone.

It does have the google play store, so all good there. It's just the basic Android launcher for better or worse. It doesn't have any frills and is a bit plain, but it is just as easy to use as any other brands Android system (thankfully, this one doesn't have that MUEI garbage).

Only on day two of using the phone, but so far I like it. It is LIGHTNING quick, has water cooling inside it (somehow) and feels solidly built. Fun to play games on too. Also if you tap the power button, it has a handy screen snapshot function. That is a nice little bonus.

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 24, 2020, 12:41 AM   #4
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Damn thats an awesome price I got the Mi Max 3 from Xiaomi last year and still like it. They give out updates regularly as well.

Im gonna have to look at this as it has seriously better hw than my phone save for 1" less screen. Xiaomi has great hw at a good price. A few other chinese brands too but they dont have as good a rep.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 20.5.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 20.7.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2020, 10:08 AM   #5
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Damn thats an awesome price I got the Mi Max 3 from Xiaomi last year and still like it. They give out updates regularly as well.

Im gonna have to look at this as it has seriously better hw than my phone save for 1" less screen. Xiaomi has great hw at a good price. A few other chinese brands too but they dont have as good a rep.
They could seriously make a dent in the U.S. market with their aggressive pricing and badass hardware if they were more well known. So far, I'm very happy with the phone (has a couple of minor bugs but so far nothing major). Be prepared if you buy one though, you'll spend the whole first night doing the initial updates. There's a ton.

Old Jul 24, 2020, 12:28 PM   #6
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Assuming they can dodge a google services ban by the US, yes(Just looked and they haven't been at all yet). They make some pretty cool stuff and have been extremely popular else where around the world (especially the Redmi and Poco lines)

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi XtremeMusic(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Old Jul 24, 2020, 01:47 PM   #7
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Assuming they can dodge a google services ban by the US, yes(Just looked and they haven't been at all yet). They make some pretty cool stuff and have been extremely popular else where around the world (especially the Redmi and Poco lines)

Why would they be banned from google services?

Old Jul 24, 2020, 03:07 PM   #8
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Same reason Huawai got banned from using Google Services. US trade war with China.

System:
Old Jul 24, 2020, 06:57 PM   #9
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Same reason Huawai got banned from using Google Services. US trade war with China.
Everything I'm reading states the Xiaomi phones are safe, only one app was blocked from the google store but that Xiaomi is working with google to get that resolved. Huweaii on the other hand, total cluster****.

Old Jul 28, 2020, 06:05 AM   #10
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
it's not only the US, other countries already said they won't include Huawei and others in the 5G networks. Also there are more than just a few companies from china who will get into (ban) troubles. Would be fun if Samsung was from china. It's a shame though because Huawei's latest smartphones are ****ing great specc wise.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it" *Robin Williams*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2020, 04:25 PM   #11
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

The 5g and network infrastructure lock-outs makes sense. But pushing Huawei out from being able to use US based software sucks

System:
Old Jul 29, 2020, 06:46 AM   #12
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
The 5g and network infrastructure lock-outs makes sense. But pushing Huawei out from being able to use US based software sucks
It won't be Huawei alone for long i bet. And yes, it's a shame, although you can get the Google apps to work on the devices, but it's a bit of a hassle right now.

"You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it" *Robin Williams*

Old Sep 4, 2020, 04:07 PM   #13
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

there's also the RedMagic 5G and of course the enormous Xiaomi BlackShark 3 Pro

Old Sep 8, 2020, 06:46 PM   #14
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
there's also the RedMagic 5G and of course the enormous Xiaomi BlackShark 3 Pro
Those look neat, but their prices aren't competitive with what I posted. I got my phone for under $300 with a snapdragon 845 and adreno 630 graphics.