Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:09 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber
Default Asus MeMo 370T - 7" ICS tablet with Tegra 3 for $249

Just... wow... the specs on this tablet, coupled with that price point, make me very excited.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/09/a...ormer-prime-t/

Quote:
Announced alongside the original MeMO is the new ME370T (early prototype and dummy shown above), which just so happened to have shown up last week by accident. This Android 4.0, WiFi-only device boasts the title of the world's first 7-inch quad-core tablet, and yes, it's powered by a Tegra 3 chip. Compared to its stylus-friendly sibling the ME370T also gets a camera bump up to eight megapixels, but other than that, the specs are still very vague at the moment.
And then later, this bombshell...

http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/09/n...cs-and-249-pr/

Quote:
You know things are about to get crazy when NVIDIA CEO Jen-Hsun Huang and ASUS Chairman Jerry Shen are onstage at the same time. Here at NVIDIA's CES press conference, the two men just flashed a 7-inch Tegra 3 tablet with Ice Cream Sandwich. And guess what? It's going to cost $249! Got that? The same price as the much-slower, lesser-specced Nook Tablet. Given that the point of this brief tease was to prove how inexpensive tablets with current-gen innards can be, the men didn't dally with details like availability or even a product name. If these price wars continue, though, we'd almost rather ASUS take its time before sending this to market -- who knows what else we're going to see in the $250 range over the coming months?
Quote:
I haven't been this excited about a tablet in a while.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:13 PM   #2
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

That is one hell of a deal.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:16 PM   #3
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

I'm a big fan of the 7" form factor for having something that's actually pocketable. I wear cargo pants a lot so being able to slide a 7" tablet into a side pocket then going to work, using WiFi at the office, then coming home and having connectivity around the house, on the sofa, in bed, etc... very nice.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:43 PM   #4
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

I'm suddenly kinda glad I didn't snag a dual core 7" tablet on boxing day

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:18 PM   #5
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

oh snap, DO want, that thing is amazing for the price, beats the hell out of the kindle fire for only 50 more
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:16 AM   #6
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
I'm a big fan of the 7" form factor for having something that's actually pocketable. I wear cargo pants a lot so being able to slide a 7" tablet into a side pocket then going to work, using WiFi at the office, then coming home and having connectivity around the house, on the sofa, in bed, etc... very nice.
My cargo shorts and cargo pants fit my 10.1" tablet just fine.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:20 AM   #7
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

those are some huge cargo shorts

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:05 AM   #8
Douglaster
X360 - PC

Douglaster is still being judged by the masses

Cant wait to make this my next CarDroid.
Douglaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:14 AM   #9
DiaperJe|\|i3
Proud Papa

DiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
I'm suddenly kinda glad I didn't snag a dual core 7" tablet on boxing day
awww, god damnit!
DiaperJe|\|i3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:08 PM   #10
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
those are some huge cargo shorts
They're standard sized cargo shorts/pants pockets
Old Jan 11, 2012, 01:57 PM   #11
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
They're standard sized cargo shorts/pants pockets
I wear "standard" cargo pants and they sure as hell won't fit a 10" tablet. Of course you might be a fair bit bigger then me (only 150 Lb). The only people I have known with cargo pants like yours got a lot of five finger discounts.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 01:58 PM   #12
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Regarding the tablet, very cool. I hope the screen and build quality doesn't suck but my money says it will.... or maybe $250 is with a data plan.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 02:06 PM   #13
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaperJe|\|i3 View Post
awww, god damnit!
although to be honest, I don't think it would really matter much. I intend to use it primarily for browsing the net, watch a video or two and just to generally "kill some time" sort of stuff. So more cores, isn't really all that helpful.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2012, 02:59 PM   #14
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
I wear "standard" cargo pants and they sure as hell won't fit a 10" tablet. Of course you might be a fair bit bigger then me (only 150 Lb). The only people I have known with cargo pants like yours got a lot of five finger discounts.
My cargo pants are Old Navy, my shorts were bought at Walmart. I'm not a huge guy, though I am a fair bit heavier than you are. 240lbs currently, size 38 waist.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 04:18 PM   #15
DiaperJe|\|i3
Proud Papa

DiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
although to be honest, I don't think it would really matter much. I intend to use it primarily for browsing the net, watch a video or two and just to generally "kill some time" sort of stuff. So more cores, isn't really all that helpful.
It'd be worth it just for the gorilla glass. That stuff is the bomb. No 7" tegra based tables have it ATM.
DiaperJe|\|i3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2012, 04:49 PM   #16
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

I'm having the hard time seeing the downsides of this tablet. The only thing I need to know now is WHEN CAN I GET ONE!?!?!

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Jan 11, 2012, 04:51 PM   #17
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Wow... just wow!!
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2012, 06:49 PM   #18
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
My cargo shorts and cargo pants fit my 10.1" tablet just fine.
Do you put the tablet in your pants or in the pocket? You must have huge ass pockets.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2012, 06:53 PM   #19
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

I was looking at a kindle fire for an ereader / meadia consumption device but F that for $50 extra get a full blown tablet sold.

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2012, 06:55 PM   #20
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
I'm having the hard time seeing the downsides of this tablet. The only thing I need to know now is WHEN CAN I GET ONE!?!?!
exactly
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:00 AM   #21
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
Regarding the tablet, very cool. I hope the screen and build quality doesn't suck but my money says it will.... or maybe $250 is with a data plan.
its wifi only
Old Jan 13, 2012, 11:24 AM   #22
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangFu View Post
its wifi only
Well at least that is something. Buying a tablet on contract when my phone is a perfectly good hotspot just seems like utter nonsense. I am guessing that is true for most people.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 06:45 AM   #23
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tork64 is still being judged by the masses

I want
Tork64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2012, 01:29 AM   #24
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

What if 7" isn't big enough for the hard core manches crowd? I don't get why a 7" should be THAT much cheaper than a 10."

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2012, 02:30 PM   #25
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX-Overclocking View Post
What if 7" isn't big enough for the hard core manches crowd? I don't get why a 7" should be THAT much cheaper than a 10."
A 10" screen is twice the area of a 7" screen, probably also uses about twice as much power. Many of the 10" tablets also use very nice screens where this one might be very low end. Lower power also means it can have a smaller battery. The whole device is probably also made from cheaper materials

Does that answer your question?

Last edited by aviphysics : Jan 17, 2012 at 02:33 PM.
aviphysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2012, 02:41 PM   #26
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Must... not ... sell... nook.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2012, 02:43 PM   #27
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Might want to sell it now before this thing hits and no one wants a Nook

I've already pretty much convinced my sister to get this.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 02:46 PM   #28
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Nah I'll probably regift it to someone in the family. I actually don't use either of my tablets much these days, since I'm mostly home. But I'll likely grab the 370T once it becomes available just to play with it

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2012, 03:06 PM   #29
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

I wish they'd hurry up and announce a release date for this. If it's within the next couple months I'll wait excitedly but if they push it out to the summer or beyond, my hopes and dreams will be crushed.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Jan 18, 2012, 04:57 PM   #30
corny
Radeon Northern Islands

corny is still being judged by the masses

I was so excited about this... then saw it wasn't coming to the UK. Peeved me right off!
corny is offline   Reply With Quote