Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Software
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Software Anything software that is not operating system related goes here. Talk about the latest applications or discuss betas of upcoming products.

Old Dec 14, 2013, 09:27 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Djinn
Rage3D Fixture

Djinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default Capturing a live stream

My sister-in-law is graduating from Binghamton U. tomorrow, and wanted to know if I could capture the live stream.

Is there any way to do this without having to purchase software? I'm okay with trial-ware watermarks, but the event is going to be several hours, so it can't be time-limited.

Here's the link that will host the video feed:

http://www.binghamton.edu/commenceme...broadcast.html

- Robert Ingersoll (1833 - 1899)
Djinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2013, 06:44 AM   #2
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I guess this already passed, I was going to say you might have used VLC to capture and record it since it can parse ASX and output to a file (or both on screen and file)
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2013, 08:35 AM   #3
Djinn
Rage3D Fixture

Djinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete stranger

Thanks... I'll give it a shot - see if I can have it ready next time.

- Robert Ingersoll (1833 - 1899)
Djinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 16, 2013, 09:15 AM   #4
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Note, if it doesn't work otherwise, download the .asx file (you can see it from the html source) and look at the URI it points to - it's just a text file that has information about the stream - and use that video URI in VLC.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote