Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Mar 11, 2005, 07:17 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
qweqaz5
I'm Ric Flair!!!

qweqaz5 is still being judged by the masses

Question non-RAID SATA setup

I'm not really familiar with SATA hard drives so maybe u fellas can help me out here......

Just installed 2 SATA drives to my onboard SATA(Sil3112A) contoller a couple of days ago:

SATA 0 : Samsung 160GB 7200RPM 8MB cache
SATA 1 : Seagate 250GB 7200RPM 8MB cache

I noticed data corruption when I tried transferring a copy of an image(from Acronis TrueImage) from the Seagate to the Samsung drive. Image was verified OK on Seagate drive; after transfer, Acronis TrueImage verified that the image was corrupted. Since then, I've changed the ext-P2P's Discard Time option in my BIOS from 30us to 1 ms since I found out it helps those with RAID setups. I'm obviously not running a RAID setup, so was that the right move? Any help appreciated....
qweqaz5 is offline   Reply With Quote