Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jan 15, 2019, 08:59 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
Had my phone interview, last 45 minutes. Ended with him saying "Good stuff, I'll be in touch with HR and see if they have anyone else for me to interview" or something to that effect. Not even an hour later I got an email from the local manager with a subject of "Level completed: Next up, Final Boss" and the email said my phone interview went well, he'll find out if there are any other challenges to subject me to.

To me, sounds like he's using the "final boss" thing metaphorically, not like I'm meeting an actual boss in another interview. Either way, good news.
sounds wicked!
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2019, 09:00 PM   #32
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Hour after my last update HR called again and said the phone interviewer told her he was very impressed and hadn't interviewed someone who sold himself as well as I have in quite some time. They're going to do the background check and stuff and if it passes, formal offer incoming.
awe!!!
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2019, 09:25 PM   #33
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

They moved crazy fast. I just had my interview Thursday, thanked them Friday, and here we are Tuesday with an unofficial offer... I'm excited. This is a huge company that's been growing every year since 1980.

I simply cannot wait to hand in my resignation. Feel bad for my buddy, he keeps saying how much his life is going to suck and they're going to be screwed without me.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:31 PM   #34
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Hour after my last update HR called again and said the phone interviewer told her he was very impressed and hadn't interviewed someone who sold himself as well as I have in quite some time. They're going to do the background check and stuff and if it passes, formal offer incoming.
So the wife gave you a thumps up, I mean the Final Boss!! Congrats!!! As I am sure the background check will be no issue.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:59 PM   #35
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
They moved crazy fast. I just had my interview Thursday, thanked them Friday, and here we are Tuesday with an unofficial offer... I'm excited. This is a huge company that's been growing every year since 1980.

I simply cannot wait to hand in my resignation. Feel bad for my buddy, he keeps saying how much his life is going to suck and they're going to be screwed without me.
Sounds like my interview process with the company I work for now, though the ending was a little different and I think they were trolling me.

Day 0: Put in my resume with the company

Day 1: Get called for a phone interview. Told if they decide to move on I'll find out late next week.

Day 2: (yes, literally the next day, not late next week), I get a phone call to come to an interview at the office the following Monday.

Day:3-4 Weekend

Day 5: Interview. It was a panel interview with 7 people, 4 on video conference. Yup, interviewed by 7 people at once. Was told I'll find out late next week if they want to continue on with me.

Day 6: I get a call to do another interview and want to schedule for 2 days out.

Day 7:

Day 8: Interview. This time a panel of 7 people again, different 7 people. Get told that if they want to continue with me I'll find out late next week, which would be the background check.

Day 8 again: 30 minutes after the interview, on my way home, I haven't even got home yet, I get a phone call telling me they want me to do the background check. I get home and do the background check immediately. Background check said it would take at least 1 week to complete. I am able to check the status as it is performed. Mine gets completed in 2 hours.

Day 9-25'ish: I hear nothing back from them.

Day 26 or so: I get a phone call with the job offer and told I need to be in Denver 3 days later for the on boarding.

Everything was so fast, and then they leave me hanging for like 2'ish weeks.
I swear they were trolling me.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2019, 11:05 PM   #36
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Haha. Well, this one contacted me literally two hours after I submitted my resume. They liked that I've been at my current job for 9 years and said that's hard to come by for someone my age. This will only be my second full time job.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 01:00 PM   #37
.nox
Meh

.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Congrats. I know what it's like to slowly die inside stuck at an IT job you hate.

I would tongue **** that ass so much, she wouldn't need to wipe it for a week.
-Megaman
.nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2019, 01:32 PM   #38
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
Sounds like my interview process with the company I work for now, though the ending was a little different and I think they were trolling me.

Day 0: Put in my resume with the company

Interview.

Day 26 or so
Last year I took a new job, same company. I interviewed, never heard anything for about six months, figured I simply didn't get it. Then I heard from HR and they said I got it, and let's have a follow up interview to decide specifics. Then it took them another few months to get that stuff ironed out.
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2019, 03:07 PM   #39
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
awe!!!
Lol, not sure they will get that
Old Jan 23, 2019, 03:41 PM   #40
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Well, they told me they forgot to give me three more tests (All office based, simple. Sure I aced them). I heard back Friday and the HR woman apologized for having me take so many tests and said it was just for corporate HR red tape and once they reviewed them, they'd move forward with the background checks and whatnot.

I haven't heard anything since Friday. Followed up today with an email, didn't hear back. Starting to get a bit worried, but I'm not sure if the government shutdown affects background checks or not.

Balls.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 04:10 PM   #41
X-Nemesis
Radeon R520

X-Nemesis can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyX-Nemesis can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Was scrolling through the thread titles too fast and thought this one said, "Handjob interview yesterday".
X-Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2019, 04:19 PM   #42
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Nemesis View Post
Was scrolling through the thread titles too fast and thought this one said, "Handjob interview yesterday".
I just did the same thing. The internet has ruined me.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2019, 04:31 PM   #43
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Got a reply back saying she's still waiting for corporate to do its thing, and sometimes that can take awhile. Guess I have to be patient. Not sure how much longer I can last at this place with the disrespect going on

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 07:47 PM   #44
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Got a reply back saying she's still waiting for corporate to do its thing, and sometimes that can take awhile. Guess I have to be patient. Not sure how much longer I can last at this place with the disrespect going on
You’re in, quit worrying. Finish strong at the current job then bounce to the new place.

Have some of that booze you’re stockpiling and chill

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2019, 08:27 AM   #45
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
You’re in, quit worrying. Finish strong at the current job then bounce to the new place.

Have some of that booze you’re stockpiling and chill
Pretty sure I semi ruined alcohol again for myself after that bender

If I don't get the job I'm coming for you

This is all going to be interesting. It'll be the first time I ever hand in a resignation and go through all the corporate parts of leaving a position as this was my first real, full-time job.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:19 PM   #46
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Well, hopefully I do get it because somehow my current job caught wind I likely had a new offer. I got called into the owner's office today and he told me someone "overheard" someone in our office talking about it, and that they take that as the first day of the two week notice. Told me it's common practice to just pay you out for your final two weeks, so today (yesterday now) was officially my last day. Good riddance, nothing but egomaniac owners anyway. Bunch of pussies for doing it this way without the head guy even showing his face, though I'm sure it was all his idea to begin with. Gave this garbage company 9 years of my life, got no thanks for the entirety, and was shown the door out of the blue today. Hope they have fun figuring out all the systems I knew, and I was the only source of hardware knowledge in the place.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:51 PM   #47
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Well, hopefully I do get it because somehow my current job caught wind I likely had a new offer. I got called into the owner's office today and he told me someone "overheard" someone in our office talking about it, and that they take that as the first day of the two week notice. Told me it's common practice to just pay you out for your final two weeks, so today (yesterday now) was officially my last day. Good riddance, nothing but egomaniac owners anyway. Bunch of pussies for doing it this way without the head guy even showing his face, though I'm sure it was all his idea to begin with. Gave this garbage company 9 years of my life, got no thanks for the entirety, and was shown the door out of the blue today. Hope they have fun figuring out all the systems I knew, and I was the only source of hardware knowledge in the place.
Wtf? This is stupid.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:03 AM   #48
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Terminated for "grapevine ear whispers" what a bunch of cyunts

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:54 AM   #49
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Yeah sounds like you are better off without them
Old Jan 25, 2019, 01:30 PM   #50
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
What a shithole company.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2019, 01:36 PM   #51
ice
Rage3D Spammer

I'm mainly pissed because they caught my so off guard I didn't get to say anything really. Not that it would make any difference I suppose, it's just annoying they think I'm so dumb that I would accept their "it's company policy" when I've watched 6 other people give notice before including my last boss, who was there 3 weeks transferring knowledge. I really hope they get what's coming to them for being such two faced shitholes, I don't see the company lasting much longer. Every single person who isn't a manager hates it there, and I know 3 other people actively looking for new jobs.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 01:37 PM   #52
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Yeah, that is a ridiculous reason for firing and just demonstrates your point about it being a shitty place to be.

Hope this new one can pull through quickly so you're not just in limbo.
Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64

HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2019, 02:15 PM   #53
.nox
Meh

.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
I'm mainly pissed because they caught my so off guard I didn't get to say anything really. Not that it would make any difference I suppose, it's just annoying they think I'm so dumb that I would accept their "it's company policy" when I've watched 6 other people give notice before including my last boss, who was there 3 weeks transferring knowledge. I really hope they get what's coming to them for being such two faced shitholes, I don't see the company lasting much longer. Every single person who isn't a manager hates it there, and I know 3 other people actively looking for new jobs.
It almost sounds like they treated you like **** because they never thought you'd stand up for yourself. On to better pastures my friend. I really hope you get the job.

I would tongue **** that ass so much, she wouldn't need to wipe it for a week.
-Megaman
.nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2019, 02:26 PM   #54
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

So who snitched on you?

Hopefully you get the new job.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2019, 02:49 PM   #55
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
So who snitched on you?

Could have been done through the background check, previous/current employer gets contacted to verify information.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2019, 03:08 PM   #56
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Go down to the unemployment office, start your unemployment process so you can get your waiting week out of the way in case this doesn't pan out, or takes longer than expected. Also document everything that was said in the meeting before they "forced" your notice because you where looking for another job, as it will help if they deny your unemployment. Also document that other's have given notice and where allowed to work out such notice. Make sure you document that you did not give notice, that they just took your looking for a job as y our notice and it was not by your choice, as well as anything else you deem important. Also, if you know of anyone else that they knew was looking for other job opportunities, and they did not issues a "forced" notice to them, document that as well.

All though PA is an at will employment state, It doesn't mean they can have different set of rules for each employee, specially with giving notice. Allowing other's to work out their notice sets a precedent, so you may have recourse if you don't get the new job. I would take the two weeks they are paying you and talk to a lawyer, as well to see if you have any options in case you need them. You may not, but it is worth it to you and your family to check it out.

Of course, we all hope you get the job and can just leave that shitty company behind you for ever.

Either way, they did you a favor, and your future will be brighter and better no matter what happens from this day forward.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Jan 25, 2019 at 03:19 PM.
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2019, 03:23 PM   #57
huskylord
Individual 2

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Any place of employment should have people that other people want. The only thing your company could ever give you crap about is whether you were looking for another job on company time (which I have seen plenty of times). That being said, it's a small world, and you never know but the new job might have someone at their office who is in connected with someone in your current job. There is always a risk when you begin a job search that people find out (any time someone changes their profile pic on Linkedin makes me wonder...).

But that being said....as long you did it on your time, your current employer can't say sheeeeeet.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 07:27 PM   #58
Quickstrike
Verification Required.

Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Have you ever browsed Rage3d on company computers or their wifi network? Maybe they made the connection through this thread.

Main PC : Intel Core i7 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS P8P67 Pro, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1866-DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Boost, Sound Blaster Zx, Klipsch 5.1 Ultras, Samsung 256GB 840 Pro SSD, 8TB Seagate Archive, 6TB WD Black, 4TB HGST, 3.0TB Seagate x 2, 1.5TB Seagate x 2, Corsair AX850W PSU, Cooler Master HAF 932, 21" NEC [email protected]

HTPC : Intel Core i5 3570K, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo, Asus Maximus V Gene, 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600-DDR3, ASUS 5850 Direct CU, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750W, Silverstone SG09B.

Virtual Server : Intel Core2Quad Q6600, Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme, Gigabyte P35-DS3R, 16GB OCZ DDR2, eVGA 8800GTX, 74GB Raptor, 500GB Seagate x 4, Intel Ethernet port x 4, Silverstone TJ06.
Quickstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:34 PM   #59
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
So who snitched on you?

Probably two stupid bimbos in the office we coined "The Wonder Twins".

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
Go down to the unemployment office, start your unemployment process so you can get your waiting week out of the way in case this doesn't pan out, or takes longer than expected. Also document everything that was said in the meeting before they "forced" your notice because you where looking for another job, as it will help if they deny your unemployment. Also document that other's have given notice and where allowed to work out such notice. Make sure you document that you did not give notice, that they just took your looking for a job as y our notice and it was not by your choice, as well as anything else you deem important. Also, if you know of anyone else that they knew was looking for other job opportunities, and they did not issues a "forced" notice to them, document that as well.

All though PA is an at will employment state, It doesn't mean they can have different set of rules for each employee, specially with giving notice. Allowing other's to work out their notice sets a precedent, so you may have recourse if you don't get the new job. I would take the two weeks they are paying you and talk to a lawyer, as well to see if you have any options in case you need them. You may not, but it is worth it to you and your family to check it out.

Of course, we all hope you get the job and can just leave that shitty company behind you for ever.

Either way, they did you a favor, and your future will be brighter and better no matter what happens from this day forward.
Good ideas, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickstrike View Post
Have you ever browsed Rage3d on company computers or their wifi network? Maybe they made the connection through this thread.
All the time, and not a chance. I was the only one in the group with any knowledge of that stuff and I know for a fact we didn't track where our users went.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:54 PM   #60
warmonger180
Zionist

warmonger180 once held a door open for a complete strangerwarmonger180 once held a door open for a complete strangerwarmonger180 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
I would say the joke's gonna be on them when something fails and no there can deal with it

nothing in life is real. so, if anything goes wrong, blame the dead guy

Corsair Vengeance M70; ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z; FX 8350; Asus RX580 OC; Samsung SyncMaster 2243SWX; Corsair AX860i psu; 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3; Corsair M4 SSD 128GB, WD 1TB; x18 DVR212D; 10
warmonger180 is offline   Reply With Quote