Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Nov 17, 2017, 04:49 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
The Luggage
Life is Good

The Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird sings

Default The Punisher

One episode in and it's pretty good. Definitely a step up from the last two Marvel shows by Netflix. Jon Bernthal is still killing the role.
The Luggage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2017, 09:20 AM   #2
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I can't until I get off work today!

...This is what my life has become at 40 years old, wife and kids in the suburbs.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2017, 09:50 AM   #3
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

About to watch the first episode here at work.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:50 AM   #4
Athena
Radeon Sea Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Niece and nephew coming to stay with me for a week so I will be watching Aqunaughts instead of punisher for awhile.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 03:08 PM   #5
clerick
tfw

clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Marathoned it all, was fun and brutal albeit i wish there was more on the brutality scale. Also last few episodes/resolution felt a bit weak, especially with the whole potential season 2 setup, felt a bit of a cop out with breaking his friends face instead of downright killing him as he should've. The whole mexican kid from episode 1 as well, was surprised that they started it out with that and that he never came back into the story nor did any mafia.
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2017, 06:04 PM   #6
GSGRUNT
Radeon Arctic Islands

GSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird sings

Holy shat! C. Thomas Howell looks old.
GSGRUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2017, 07:35 PM   #7
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
I can't until I get off work today!

...This is what my life has become at 40 years old, wife and kids in the suburbs.
No more bathroom trysts after flashing the beamer keys at the restaurant bar eh? Growing up sucks

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2017, 08:20 PM   #8
The Luggage
Life is Good

The Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSGRUNT View Post
Holy shat! C. Thomas Howell looks old.
Wow, you're right. I didn't even recognize him. Five episodes in, still enjoying it.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 08:28 PM   #9
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Watched the first episode tonight so far. Off to a good start...
Old Nov 17, 2017, 09:24 PM   #10
eNforcer
Radeon Northern Islands

eNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird sings

Oh ****, that chick from True Blood

Old Nov 17, 2017, 10:56 PM   #11
The Luggage
Life is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNforcer View Post
Oh ****, that chick from True Blood

She's never done much for me. Probably because she was the only girl on True Blood that wouldn't get naked lol.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 07:10 AM   #12
GSGRUNT
Radeon Arctic Islands

GSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird sings

The tree ripe orange juice product placement was too much. A real distraction.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 07:46 AM   #13
The Luggage
Life is Good

When the kids ask for juice? I didn't even notice the brand.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 08:32 AM   #14
GSGRUNT
Radeon Arctic Islands

EP 3 about 10 mins in. when the wife is in frame
Old Nov 18, 2017, 09:30 AM   #15
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I started this yesterday and couldn't stop. Great show.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2017, 12:41 PM   #16
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Luggage View Post
She's never done much for me. Probably because she was the only girl on True Blood that wouldn't get naked lol.
Anna Camp never did, either, iirc (the hawt blonde self righteous byatch)
Old Nov 18, 2017, 03:54 PM   #17
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Best marvel show since DD S1, if they ever decide to use the punisher in the marvel movies, they should use the guy playing him in this show.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2017, 09:20 PM   #18
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Halfway through the season. There's some questionable acting/dialogue but overall enjoyable. It touches on a lot of modern topics but one thing that bothered me was the cross border shot in episode 1 being used as a display of how badass the protagonist is.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2017, 01:03 PM   #19
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I like daredevil better

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2017, 04:52 PM   #20
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

The thing that bugs me most about this Punisher is Batman voice...
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2017, 06:30 PM   #21
bacon
1/2" shy boss

bacon can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultybacon can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
The thing that bugs me most about this Punisher is Batman voice...
I thought the first season was awesome.
bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2017, 06:59 PM   #22
GSGRUNT
Radeon Arctic Islands

I lost interest toward the end. I let it play but couldn't tell you how it ended.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 07:00 PM   #23
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I like his guttural scream as he's shooting when he gets pissed off. Just finished the last episode, loved the series. Final two really pick up and show a bunch of action. A few episodes I had to remind myself it was a series and not just kill after kill but other than that very good. I kind of hate Netflix for making them all available at once because I blow through everything and now have nothing to watch again

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2017, 01:31 AM   #24
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

That plot had more holes in it than most of the punishers victims. Why do they have to resort to cheap thrills and ultra-violence instead of good writing? Very disappointed in the ending. Way too contrived and convenient. Try harder next time Netflix.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2017, 02:46 AM   #25
The Luggage
Life is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
That plot had more holes in it than most of the punishers victims. Why do they have to resort to cheap thrills and ultra-violence instead of good writing? Very disappointed in the ending. Way too contrived and convenient. Try harder next time Netflix.
Well it's the Punisher. Ultra violence is kind of his thing lol. Could you mention some of these plot holes you're talking about? I didn't notice anything egregious.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 12:12 PM   #26
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I'll put a sample of complaints in spoiler tag below. Basically if you get a hard on for violence watch this. If you would actually like believable plots and characters look elsewhere...

Homeland involvement was ridiculous. Hot investigator who is totally inept in every gun fight leads investigation into murder of partner in Afghanistan by CIA operatives funded by heroin smuggling??? Really?? Director of CIA giving free pass to mass murder? I am sure watching him push the eyeballs of her subordinate into his skull convinced her to release him?? Those ideas were just stupid. Tactical team sent to take out special forces trained merc runs around in pairs with just their side arms? The whole merry-go-round setup at the end? Why would Billy even do this? I could go on and on. The whole thing just seemed like wonky setups to create ultra-violent finales that escalated to end where guy who kills 150 people is exonerated? Dumb.....
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2017, 04:04 AM   #27
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Yeah the story was a little too far fetched, but it didn't really bother me

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2017, 07:22 PM   #28
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I enjoyed it. Quite a lot of gore towards the end. Be interesting to see what they'll do for another season but I would def like to see more david and frank working together. also madani is pretty coo'
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2018, 04:35 PM   #29
Deimos
Radeon Sea Islands

Deimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
I'll put a sample of complaints in spoiler tag below. Basically if you get a hard on for violence watch this. If you would actually like believable plots and characters look elsewhere...

Homeland involvement was ridiculous. Hot investigator who is totally inept in every gun fight leads investigation into murder of partner in Afghanistan by CIA operatives funded by heroin smuggling??? Really?? Director of CIA giving free pass to mass murder? I am sure watching him push the eyeballs of her subordinate into his skull convinced her to release him?? Those ideas were just stupid. Tactical team sent to take out special forces trained merc runs around in pairs with just their side arms? The whole merry-go-round setup at the end? Why would Billy even do this? I could go on and on. The whole thing just seemed like wonky setups to create ultra-violent finales that escalated to end where guy who kills 150 people is exonerated? Dumb.....
I really wish these were the only problems...

The main 'villains' were totally unbelievable. CIA operatives funded by heroin was already bad enough but the perpetrator of the scheme was a top level CIA official who is basically a trust fund baby from an uber wealthy family, so WTF was his motive for smuggling an insignificant amount of heroin? There is no way that entire operation was fully funded by smuggling such a pathetic amount of drugs in the bodies of fallen soldiers, and that guy wasn't in it for the money or the power. Then there was the other bad guy who was a marine. How was he a co-conspirator? All the other marines were basically following orders, why is that one guy different from the others? Also his whole back story; a kid raised in the system after his drug addicted mother gave him up, just doesn't work for a villains back story.
It was clear that he wasn't a psychopath because he actually had empathy for others. If he really was abused in the system, he would be profoundly damaged by that experience and would either end up being a low level criminal or a completely virtuous person, and if he was a marine, it it totally unbelievable that he would become a low level criminal let alone a mastermind co-conspirator, seriously, WTF.

The show was redeemed only by the the Punisher himself and the sub-plot about the jaded marine who started bombing the city, that was the only believable part.

Mars:
Intel S2600CP4 | Dual Xeon E5-2670 (Octa core HT 3.3Ghz) | 64GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz | 2 x 120GB Vertex 3 SSD RAID 0 (OS) + 240GB Vertex 2 3.5" (VMs) | Intel RAID Module RMS25PB080 + 8 X 2TB WD RAID 5

Deimos on Steam
Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2018, 01:07 AM   #30
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

I didn't enjoy it as much as many of the other Marval Netflix series.

Just seemed flat. Never had that sense of badass that he portrayed from his Daredevil appearance or even the opening scene from the first Punisher episode.

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Zotac Amp gtx 1080 - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote