Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Dec 7, 2017, 09:51 AM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I'm hoping it crashes (what that means at this level is beyond me at this point), so I can put my entire bonus check into it.

Won't received it until January/February though.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2017, 10:36 AM   #92
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Old Dec 7, 2017, 10:53 AM   #93
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

corrected back to 16

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 7, 2017, 10:55 AM   #94
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
corrected back to 16
Back to 17.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 11:36 AM   #95
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

So next time someone steals a bunch of bitcoins you can expect a price spike...

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/min...-is-empty.html

Quote:
Nicehash, a famous mining pool seems to have been hacked, according to online data, a good 56 million USD worth of BitCoin seems to have disappeared overnight. While unconfirmed, it seems 4700+ BTC has gone missing and all NH mining pools are offline.

NiceHash is one of the more popular solutions thanks to an easy interface and its usability, by downloading a small application and associating your BTC address, you are good to go. Users mention that their wallets have been emptied and the bitcoins are now in a wallet that received 4736 bitcoins on Wednesday, currently, that entails a total value of 51 million euros, roughly 56 million USD.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 18.12.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F24 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 18.12.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2017, 12:24 PM   #96
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post

get a hardware wallet I guess the lesson is

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2017, 12:33 PM   #97
clerick
tfw

clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:

Couldn't stores potentially trace where all those coins are going and blacklist the addresses that receive said coins?
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2017, 03:35 PM   #98
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

What the heck is causing the meteoric rise of value in the bitcoin? And how come its happening now and not before?
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2017, 04:00 PM   #99
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

ElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

By this rate by end of year it will be around $50k/ bitcoin.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 04:24 PM   #100
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
With a marketcap of ~156 billion at 13k a bitcoin I dont think the issue is about it being a currency if it ever was much. They allowed it into the futures market. Might be a US decision seeing as China is trying to kill it. This thing has political as well as financial market roots now.
US Senate has a bipartisan bill to make it a felony to not disclose that you have bitcoin under your tax bill. (The penalty is looking like 20-25 years per offense if you knowingly don't inform the IRS) but I guess that could change?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 04:29 PM   #101
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
What the heck is causing the meteoric rise of value in the bitcoin? And how come its happening now and not before?
People coming on board. It's that simple. Supply and demand.

CBOE says Bitcoin can now be a futures market and starts in a few days. So here comes the big money institutions.

The IRS wants to collect tax on it. Russian is about to legalize it officially. China is changing its mind about it.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 05:25 PM   #102
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

More and more people are investing in it like it is a commodity. Mean while merchants are dropping support for it. The whole things feels too volatile and seeing why there are less and less merchants accepting it, including Steam.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2017, 09:38 PM   #103
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBerryKM13 View Post
By this rate by end of year it will be around $50k/ bitcoin.
And by 2020 it may well hit a million. I ****ing lost 400k godamnit.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 18.12.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F24 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 18.12.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Dec 7, 2017, 10:17 PM   #104
somewon
Rage3D Veteran

somewon is still being judged by the masses

Should have invested at least earlier this year.

Nevertheless, there is still Litecoin and Ethereum out there to invest in.
somewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2017, 03:51 PM   #105
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

So of course I bought a little extra. Not much, but a little.
At 8:30pm EST last night.
AKA, minutes before it dropped 2k. LOL

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2017, 04:55 PM   #106
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
So of course I bought a little extra. Not much, but a little.
At 8:30pm EST last night.
AKA, minutes before it dropped 2k. LOL
Such is Bitcoin. It'll recover, most likely. But when it does, I'm considering putting some long-term into Ethereum.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2017, 04:15 PM   #107
aop
Radeon Caribbean Islands

aop once held a door open for a complete strangeraop once held a door open for a complete strangeraop once held a door open for a complete strangeraop once held a door open for a complete stranger

It's funny how people talk about buying Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies as an investment while in reality they are literally gambling that someone else is willing to pay them more for the coin on a later date.

It's unsustainable and a lot of people are going to get burned sooner or later.
aop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2017, 04:41 PM   #108
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
More and more people are investing in it like it is a commodity. Mean while merchants are dropping support for it. The whole things feels too volatile and seeing why there are less and less merchants accepting it, including Steam.
That's because transaction fees for a lot of it are retardedly high.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2017, 08:40 PM   #109
pax
Rage3D Spammer

It only makes sense as a penny stock gamble. You buy a lot of it cheap not putting or risking up much money and hold to see what happens.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Dec 10, 2017, 11:47 PM   #110
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

A boy asked his bitcoin-investing dad for 1 bitcoin for his birthday.

Dad: What? $15,554??? $14,354 is a lot of money! What do you need $16,782 for anyway?
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2017, 04:49 AM   #111
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
A boy asked his bitcoin-investing dad for 1 bitcoin for his birthday.

Dad: What? $15,554??? $14,354 is a lot of money! What do you need $16,782 for anyway?
Hah!
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2017, 08:17 AM   #112
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by aop View Post
It's funny how people talk about buying Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies as an investment while in reality they are literally gambling that someone else is willing to pay them more for the coin on a later date.

It's unsustainable and a lot of people are going to get burned sooner or later.
Like any other investment.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 08:25 AM   #113
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Bubble.

It's gonna blow out, it's just a question of when.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib -
4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(Yes, darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2017, 09:22 AM   #114
huskylord
Individual 2

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I know another guy who just bought a $5M home in east Toronto with cash from his bitcoin investment. Have no idea what that stake represents of his overall portfolio, but he's doing all right. Real nice guy too.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 10:09 AM   #115
aop
Radeon Caribbean Islands

aop once held a door open for a complete strangeraop once held a door open for a complete strangeraop once held a door open for a complete strangeraop once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Like any other investment.
You are completely wrong about that.

Bitcoin doesn't pay any dividents nor does it produce anything unlike companies whose stock you can buy. If you invested in Bitcoin mining that would be more like investing into regular stocks as your investment would actually produce something (Bitcoins). Saying investing in Bitcoin is like any other investment is like buying a Tesla car and claiming it means you are investing in Tesla.

Bitcoin exchanges are completely unregulated and unaudited which means there are absolutely no safeguards or rules against insider trading and there is also no way to know if the exchanges actually have the amount of Bitcoin or USD they tell their customers they have. For example if you have an account in Coinbase and the site claims you have balance of $10k USD and 2.4 BTC those numbers could be completely imaginary and in reality the exchange could have only fraction of that amount available.

Exchanges which offer margin trading have quite heavy incentive to manipulate prices as it allows them to literally rob their customers by liquidation.

It gets even fishier with stuff like Tether which are used to prop up the Bitcoin price on the promise that it's backed by equivalent amount of USD but for some reason Bitfinex refuses to let anyone audit it.

If you think Bitcoin is investment just like stocks or commodities like gold you deserve to lose your money.

That said I do believe the bubble will continue growing for quite a while since a lot of people have seen the +2000% YTD gains and are pouring in money in hopes of being rich by this time next year. I just hope you people realize the exchanges and big players get rich by taking your fiat money and giving you gambling tokens in return.
aop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2017, 11:11 AM   #116
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by aop View Post
You are completely wrong about that.

Bitcoin doesn't pay any dividents nor does it produce anything unlike companies whose stock you can buy. If you invested in Bitcoin mining that would be more like investing into regular stocks as your investment would actually produce something (Bitcoins). Saying investing in Bitcoin is like any other investment is like buying a Tesla car and claiming it means you are investing in Tesla.

Bitcoin exchanges are completely unregulated and unaudited which means there are absolutely no safeguards or rules against insider trading and there is also no way to know if the exchanges actually have the amount of Bitcoin or USD they tell their customers they have. For example if you have an account in Coinbase and the site claims you have balance of $10k USD and 2.4 BTC those numbers could be completely imaginary and in reality the exchange could have only fraction of that amount available.

Exchanges which offer margin trading have quite heavy incentive to manipulate prices as it allows them to literally rob their customers by liquidation.

It gets even fishier with stuff like Tether which are used to prop up the Bitcoin price on the promise that it's backed by equivalent amount of USD but for some reason Bitfinex refuses to let anyone audit it.

If you think Bitcoin is investment just like stocks or commodities like gold you deserve to lose your money.

That said I do believe the bubble will continue growing for quite a while since a lot of people have seen the +2000% YTD gains and are pouring in money in hopes of being rich by this time next year. I just hope you people realize the exchanges and big players get rich by taking your fiat money and giving you gambling tokens in return.

Any gain you make in any investment is because someone was willing to pay more for it than you did. That's literally how this works. Doesn't matter if it's regulated. It works with the shortage in PS4's as well.

Gold doesn't produce anything and can't be used to make purchases, and yet it's considered an investment.

You can replace the word Bitcoin with real estate or stock and it's the same thing.

By the way, the stock market has been known to crash. Real estate did famously in 2008. Bitcoin will be no different. It will recover.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 01:40 PM   #117
MaxSt
Radeon Arctic Islands

MaxSt once held a door open for a complete strangerMaxSt once held a door open for a complete strangerMaxSt once held a door open for a complete strangerMaxSt once held a door open for a complete stranger

No one knows what will happen.

Still, there are 2 groups who believe they know the future:
1. "sour grapes" nocoiners who believe the crypto-crash is coming "when, not if".
2. "bitcoin cultists" who believe the crypto-train is unstoppable no matter what.

I try to stay agnostic. But in the battle for hearts and minds the cultists are clearly winning. They're quite smart in promoting "hold no matter what, don't panic, never sell" tactic, to avoid run-on-the-bank scenario, and to limit the supply, which helps the price, which makes their job easier.

So far, it's confidence mind games. But if the cultists will keep up the game for a few more years, bitcoin might become like land in Manhattan - valuable because there are lots of actual businesses build on top of it.
MaxSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2017, 01:51 PM   #118
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Dec 11, 2017, 01:56 PM   #119
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

can someone explain what the difference between Bitcoin itself and Bitcoin futures is?
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2017, 09:32 AM   #120
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
can someone explain what the difference between Bitcoin itself and Bitcoin futures is?
A bitcoin goes for $17k.

A future on bitcoin is betting the price will be lower or higher in the future via a legal contract saying you must deliver said bitcoin on the price determined by the contract.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/futures.asp