Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old May 12, 2018, 05:01 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

sy fy gets me so angry. They canned dark matter which I was watching. That show was nowhere near as good as The Expanse.

Hope it gets picked up and runs for another 3 seasons at least.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2018, 05:06 PM   #152
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
sy fy gets me so angry. They canned dark matter which I was watching. That show was nowhere near as good as The Expanse.

Hope it gets picked up and runs for another 3 seasons at least.

there are 7 books and 2 more on the way
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Expanse_(novel_series)
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2018, 01:28 AM   #153
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Where are they up to in the books though? I don't want to read about it for spoiler reasons.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 13, 2018, 02:27 AM   #154
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Where are they up to in the books though? I don't want to read about it for spoiler reasons.
I stopped at 2 for the same reason

but the books and show at almost word for word the same
Old May 13, 2018, 11:53 AM   #155
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

My understanding at the end of S2 they were only a little more than halfway through the 2nd book. At this rate they have enough books for another 5-7 seasons at least, and there were a couple side-stories that maybe are only novella length.
I thought about blitzing the books but ended up stopping after the first one.
Old May 13, 2018, 08:57 PM   #156
X-Nemesis
Radeon R520

X-Nemesis can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyX-Nemesis can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I was going through the audiobooks for the Expanse during work, until I hit book 5 and just couldn't stand the new narrator. Completely killed the experience for me. Hoping they get the narrator for books 1-4 to do 5 as well.
X-Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2018, 10:05 PM   #157
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Renewal megathread @ reddit

Netflix is out but there's still hope. I think maybe Alcon is meeting with Amazon. This stuff has to happen fast because the actors and production kinda get scattered to the winds as it were.

It sure doesn't hurt that George RR Martin is a huge fan of the show.

Last edited by JZL : May 13, 2018 at 10:59 PM.
JZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2018, 04:48 PM   #158
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

the newest episode was so awesome and that final bit was hilarious

so sad that cotyar died, he's like the best
Old May 17, 2018, 08:00 PM   #159
JZL
Starship Trooper

Quote:
the newest episode was so awesome and that final bit was hilarious

so sad that cotyar died, he's like the best
Not sure what part was hilarious. The part where Amos keeps pouring the milk in the kid's cereal while he watches the proto-blob leaving Venus?

I have to rank the part where Amos says "You're not that guy . . . I am that guy." as one of the best lines in TV history, right up there with "I'm the one who knocks!"

FWIW, the petition is over 100K now.
Old May 17, 2018, 11:01 PM   #160
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNapoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNapoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The story telling has been fairly mediocre throughout 3 seasons, not enough world building ever since we left the belters, characters not getting enough development, and the plot points moves too fast and often resolved in the most underwhelming way.

Better than discovery and the orville? I can't say for sure.
Old May 20, 2018, 04:53 PM   #161
JZL
Starship Trooper

Live stream with Cas Anvar, Wes Chatham, and showrunner Naren Shankar over on Afterbuzz TV at 6-7pm PDT. (This is Sunday May 20th)

https://countle.com/RI196060jF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7gd8LrLHWE

Last edited by JZL : May 20, 2018 at 07:50 PM.
JZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2018, 05:47 PM   #162
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
'The Expanse' Revived for Season 4 at Amazon

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...amazon-1113803

Old May 21, 2018, 07:02 PM   #163
JZL
Starship Trooper

Fackin click-bait headline . . .
Amazon Studios is in talks to revive one of CEO Jeff Bezos' favorite properties.

The retailer and streaming outlet is near a deal to revive the space drama The Expanse
Media ho's.
Old May 22, 2018, 05:09 AM   #164
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

methinks hollywood reporter jumped the gun for those sweet sweet hits
Old May 22, 2018, 08:25 AM   #165
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
methinks hollywood reporter jumped the gun for those sweet sweet hits
Agreed but it makes so much sense for Amazon to pick this up.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2018, 04:48 PM   #166
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Well that episode felt like the start of another book. Lots of recaps of things that just happened. And a bit of research said it was indeed the start of book 3. Wonder why they'd start a new book 7 episodes into the season?
Old May 24, 2018, 08:42 PM   #167
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Well that episode felt like the start of another book. Lots of recaps of things that just happened. And a bit of research said it was indeed the start of book 3. Wonder why they'd start a new book 7 episodes into the season?
From my recollection they skipped a lot of the end of book 2. I literally went “WTF” at the start of the episode because I thought maybe I missed 2 or 3 eps.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2018, 11:39 PM   #168
JZL
Starship Trooper

Old May 26, 2018, 12:35 AM   #169
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

thank goodness the newest ep time jumping to the next story has me super pumped

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2018, 07:27 AM   #170
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

there's an expanse in my pants, right now
Old May 26, 2018, 09:50 AM   #171
Android1
Radeon Tahiti PRO2

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
You soiled yourself?

This is really good news. The Expanse is excellent, and I was sad to see that it might die. It did not hurt that Jeff Bezos was a fan, either.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2018, 12:30 PM   #172
JZL
Starship Trooper

Quote:
I donated some old trousers to Goodwill and on my way home I had second thoughts and went back but it was too late to save the ex-pants.
Old May 26, 2018, 12:30 PM   #173
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZL View Post
PHEW!

Thank God. Even better that I’ll get to watch from anywhere with my prime membership!

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2018, 07:49 PM   #174
JZL
Starship Trooper

It occurs to me that the title of this thread needs to be changed.

The :gasp: part was certainly prophetic.
Old May 26, 2018, 09:46 PM   #175
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZL View Post
YES!!!!!

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2018, 11:34 PM   #176
ugly
Radeon R420

ugly is still being judged by the masses

One thing I never cared for about this show, and it really hadn't come up for a long time until this last episode, is the Belter language.
ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2018, 11:27 PM   #177
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNapoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNapoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I just literally laugh out loud, a blind man sabotaging a spaceship, a military warship nonetheless, this is the same level of **** with TLJ's space bombers dropping bombs on space, goddamn...
Old Jun 1, 2018, 06:20 AM   #178
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugly View Post
One thing I never cared for about this show, and it really hadn't come up for a long time until this last episode, is the Belter language.
Kinda reminds me of Jar Jar.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2018, 08:31 AM   #179
JZL
Starship Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Kinda reminds me of Jar Jar.
http://expanse.wikia.com/wiki/Belter_Creole

I thought it was based on Afrikaans but noper. Mercifully, I'm not familiar enough with Jar Jar to be able to compare.

The seeing-hands dude reminds me of this:
Old Jun 29, 2018, 09:35 AM   #180
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Now I'm really excited to see what amazon does with this show. The last episodes were fantastic.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote