Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Nov 16, 2016, 12:40 AM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
yep, and i still want to see the rest of "Earth 2" and also "Earth and beyond" but we all know that won't happen... instead we get crappy pilots of something we've seen a hundred times already and if there's one season which is watchable you can bet yer ass that it get cancled faster than you can say "wtf?"...

Stargate Universe . I so wanted to know the story they had for it
Old Nov 16, 2016, 08:31 AM   #122
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
It's going to be on Netflix everywhere but USA. That alone gives it a chance of doing quite well imo.
Isn't the U.S. it's largest market though? They are shooting themselves in the foot forcing it to be on CBS streaming (which nobody has and from what I've heard you can't even watch past episodes of shows on it).

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2016, 08:44 AM   #123
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
I don't buy their excuse. Aren't they showing the first episode on broadcast TV? There is only one reason they aren't showing it on TV...they want something, ANYTHING to bring people to their garbage streaming service.

Otherwise, they don't seem to care one way or the other whether this Trek succeeds or not.
100% agreed.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 22, 2016, 11:02 PM   #124
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Michelle Yeoh is the first confirmed cast member. Don't know her role yet.

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/78...trek-discovery
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2017, 01:56 PM   #125
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Default New Klingons

yoz
Old Feb 13, 2017, 03:48 PM   #126
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Star Trek: Discovery is set to premiere with a "special preview broadcast" on CBS, with that pilot and all subsequent first-run episodes to then be streamed weekly in the United States on CBS All Access.[41] The premiere was set for January 2017,[4] and then May 2017,[1] and has now been delayed indefinitely.
eek...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_T...note-Delay2-42
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2017, 04:36 PM   #127
acroig
Master Troll

Not surprising as production has been very slow. I will not subscribe to watch this.

yoz
Old Feb 14, 2017, 09:11 PM   #128
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

The main actor is already in the walking dead, so they need to work around that or wait till she dies. Stupid casting move.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2017, 12:49 AM   #129
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

... if those are the new Klingon's I hope this never see's the light of day.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib -
4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(Yes, darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2017, 01:59 AM   #130
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

if those are really the one they'll have in the show, then

DO NOT WANT!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another definition of a hero is someone who is concerned about other people's well-being, and will go out of his or her way to help them -- even if there is no chance of a reward. That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2017, 01:47 PM   #131
acroig
Master Troll

Default Jason Isaacs To Captain “Star Trek: Discovery”

yoz
Old Mar 7, 2017, 02:55 PM   #132
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Interesting choice. I guess that means he'll be playing a transexual who suffers from schizophrenia or something? I suppose they could use special effects to make him a midget, but wouldn't it be cheaper just to hire an actual midget actor? Anyways, 'looking forward to seeing Lucius Malfoy wearing a dress while sitting in the captain's chair.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2017, 04:02 PM   #133
gamefoo21
Radeon HD5670 1GB

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Of course when it comes out, Canadians get screwed. Want to stream it, throw money at Bell for CraveTV...

I'm not sure what's more upsetting, CBS jerking it around so it possibly will never see the light of day, CBS trying to set it up to fail hard if it comes out, or that it's going to be locked to CraveTV...

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2017, 04:15 PM   #134
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefoo21 View Post
Of course when it comes out, Canadians get screwed. Want to stream it, throw money at Bell for CraveTV...
As opposed to us Americans that have to pay not only to stream it but to CBS for the pleasure of doing it?

yoz
Old Mar 7, 2017, 04:41 PM   #135
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
As opposed to us Americans that have to pay not only to stream it but to CBS for the pleasure of doing it?
The other day I was trying to watch a movie with a friend over Skype. We were going to watch it together, streaming at the same time. She lives outside the US, and I discovered that that particular movie wasn't available at this time over Netflix or even Youtube. (Don't know other places besides those, except for the less-than-legal ways...)

I said, "nope, I don't have access." She said, "umm...I can just give you the link I'm using..." Ha ha, nope.
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2017, 05:16 PM   #136
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Wtf, they look like reptiles
Old Mar 7, 2017, 08:10 PM   #137
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefoo21 View Post

I'm not sure what's more upsetting, CBS jerking it around so it possibly will never see the light of day, CBS trying to set it up to fail hard if it comes out, or that it's going to be locked to CraveTV...

Here in the US we have to pay CBS to stream it online, cost $9.99 (~$14 CAD) per month.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2017, 01:00 PM   #138
gamefoo21
Radeon HD5670 1GB

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
Here in the US we have to pay CBS to stream it online, cost $9.99 (~$14 CAD) per month.
Oh... so we are getting hosed together this time.

Heh

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2017, 02:38 PM   #139
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Because that's what you C......BS
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2017, 10:10 AM   #140
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird sings

Streaming keyboard drivers!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:23 PM   #141
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

I have been binge watching Star Trek Voyager. It really makes me wish they would have made this new series take place after Voyager. I think there are so many things they left open that they can still deal with, for example The Borg and the civil war that is happening with in them.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2017, 02:27 AM   #142
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird sings

Old Apr 23, 2017, 06:31 AM   #143
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

Seriously? Is that all CBS streaming, or particularly for that show? Either way, no way I'm doing it. I've got Dish, I've got Netflix, I've got Amazon. Paying another $10/month for access to *1* show isn't something I'm likely to do unless it's utterly awesome... like American Gods will be with Starz (and I'm sure there are other shows I'll watching during that time.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2017, 06:51 AM   #144
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
I have been binge watching Star Trek Voyager. It really makes me wish they would have made this new series take place after Voyager. I think there are so many things they left open that they can still deal with, for example The Borg and the civil war that is happening with in them.
The entire way Star Trek went out was really bullshit. Ok, Enterprise didn't do that well (even though the later seasons were pretty good), so obviously it means the entire backstory has to be abandoned. We get stupid reboot wannabe Star Wars movies. Now we get another retro show.

I mean, maybe, make a show in the time period that had the largest audience. That would actually make sense, right? So let's not do it.

That being said, I hope the show is good, but I'm not holding my breath. Hopefully it's actually Star Trek and not JJ Trek which can burn in hell.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2017, 11:13 PM   #145
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
The entire way Star Trek went out was really bullshit. Ok, Enterprise didn't do that well (even though the later seasons were pretty good), so obviously it means the entire backstory has to be abandoned. We get stupid reboot wannabe Star Wars movies. Now we get another retro show.

I mean, maybe, make a show in the time period that had the largest audience. That would actually make sense, right? So let's not do it.

That being said, I hope the show is good, but I'm not holding my breath. Hopefully it's actually Star Trek and not JJ Trek which can burn in hell.
Star Trek TNG Reboot... I would watch...
Old Apr 24, 2017, 07:13 AM   #146
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

DS9-Reboot......... Babylon5-Reboot.....so many possibilities, so many fails waiting to happen....

"Another definition of a hero is someone who is concerned about other people's well-being, and will go out of his or her way to help them -- even if there is no chance of a reward. That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2017, 08:47 AM   #147
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

I can't stand all these Kirk era reboots and prequels. Gimme Captain Picard Enterprise or post era, dammit.

The downhill started with "Enterprise" when they decided to **** up the timeline and make it "less trekky" to appeal to a wider audience.

Even though they were hated for Enterprise, Branna Braga/Rick Berman need to come back with a new series post Enterprise/DS9/Voyager. They and the original writers were the ones that made those series great.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2017, 09:05 AM   #148
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
Pushed back to Fall and maybe not even then.

yoz
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:46 AM   #149
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
I can't stand all these Kirk era reboots and prequels. Gimme Captain Picard Enterprise or post era, dammit.

The downhill started with "Enterprise" when they decided to **** up the timeline and make it "less trekky" to appeal to a wider audience.

Even though they were hated for Enterprise, Branna Braga/Rick Berman need to come back with a new series post Enterprise/DS9/Voyager. They and the original writers were the ones that made those series great.
Unfortunately Voyager kindof ruins any possibility of doing a series in the future.

Honestly I thought Voyager sucked overall, so not surprising that it ruined the whole ip.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:11 AM   #150
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
Pushed back to Fall and maybe not even then.
Do you have a link to that info?

The link I posted was 3 days old?